Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im ticked- husband losing faster

My husband was 260 last summer and held steady there for a good five years. He's always been heavier than me. I was 240 at my highest.

Last fall he stopped eating Breakfast and lunch for four days a week. He's lost 65 lbs doing this and until i got surgery, he weighed less than me. :(

He eats a massive dinner and Snacks on **** all night long. He loses about 2 lbs a week. Why? I know men lose faster and I know I don't want to pack all the unhealthy foods he eats into MY body. But it still upsets me. I'm working hard (and actually quite enjoying the ride bit still) and its slow going.

It upsets me because it doesn't seem fair. I got my fat ass on a plane and flew to Cali. I jumped the border. I hauled my 234 lb naked simply butt (under the gown) onto an operating table. I'm the one with 20% of a stomach left. I got three blood clots, was in the hospital and am now on blood thinners. I'm working out 6 days a week at least.

He eats huge bowls of ice cream that take him an hour to finish. And then goes back for more. 0.o. I just looked and he has EIGHT empty mother freaking assorted snack packages beside him. And this man is losing faster than me?

Wtf?

...........…………..............

Also. And I know this is terrible and I should see a psychiatrist, but. It's a HUGE turn off. "/

Ok, shoot me.

I used to eat like this. How disgusting I must have looked shoveling package after package of addicting, fake food into my pie hole.

Sigh

Be my psychiatrist? I've started a post like this several times and every time I tell myself not to post And I delete it. But I need someone to talk to. I probably look really shallow. And my feelings are triple intensified by an incident I just had with my daughter and PMS.

Amy! Wow you are having a bad day! I get it my husband isn't overweight but he eats copious amounts of food or he LOSES weight! I mean this guy eats like a pig and I don't even want to tell you how much he weighs, but I will say I still weigh more than him and I'm 171 now!

SOME men just drop weight easy.. But like you just said he's not doing it in a healthy way.

Girl I know it's going slower than you want but it's happening you ARE DOING IT!

U poor thing...I am sorry you are going through this right now. It must be very difficult. I have been worried bout dealing with a lazy Ole man that doesnt want to get up to move 1 ft to get his garbage can to throw his snack stuff away and I am on my liquid diet...so he calls me from the back of the house to get his garbage can....so I feel your pain...He told me that I am not gonna use my surgery as an excuse to be lazy...I know he is just giving me a hard time but really....here I was gonna try and help you and started venting myself...sorry I sure hope you can look past what he is doin and realize that you are doing great! Keep working hard and you will reap the rewards!!

I feel your pain! My hubby eats way more than me & although he is TRYING to eat healthier...he does snack at night & he's keeping right up with my weight loss! I say the same thing to him...it's not fair....I got 85% of my stomach cut off & he still looses as fast or faster!! Oh well, like ^^^ said...at least we're loosing!!

I know what you are going through! My husband, who weighs about 165 soaking wet, eats anything he wants! And now it seems to me that he eats FOREVER! I get so sick of hearing him chew his food...I can't hardly stand it!

Thank you for the encouragement and "been there done that" stories. I'm happy with my weight loss. Slow shmow, at least it's staying off this time. I've never been as sure of that as I am with my sleeve and that's a feeling I wouldn't trade for all the chez its in the world!!

It's just annoying. MAYBE, just maybe there is a silver lining. I can thank god that I DON'T lose that way or maybe that's the route I'd be going. Eating poop all day long, feeling wiped out and tired, taking in a lot of caffeine to compensate and wondering why I'm tired. I'm thankful that I'm energized, loving exercise, feeling very good about myself and having a feeling of accomplishment. Cuz in EARNING mine!! ;)

I new to make him a lot of brownies or something. Imagine how much faster he would lose if he actually quit stuffing his face!!? Ill worry about his health and us being father/husband less after I'm at goal. Is that a good plan!? Lol

BASTARDS!!!!

I feel your pain! When I cook, I take my four ounces of chicken and sit and eat it while my BF eats his MASSIVE plate PLUS asks for seconds! I couldn't shovel that much into my mouth pre sleeve, let alone now. Sometimes I look at him basically inhaling his food and candy and Snacks and ice cream and chips and French fries (I could go on) and it literally disgusts me. It's really not attractive. I don't know if its an envy thing or just disgust, but damnit, I want to eat like that and lose weight too!! Plus, when he loses weight, he loses it twice as fast as I do and has the muscles to show for it!

Wtf?!!

I know what you are going through! My husband' date=' who weighs about 165 soaking wet, eats anything he wants! And now it seems to me that he eats FOREVER! I get so sick of hearing him chew his food...I can't hardly stand it![/quote']

Rofl me too, especially chips. That chomping sound makes me want to crawl out of my skin. Especially when he's not even hungry, but bored. STOOOOP!

Aries- yes! It's disgusting. I know it's wrong bit I find myself thinking about what all that slop is doing inside his big ole stomach and arteries and how much poop that makes!! Lol. And more but ill spare you. "/

Ps y'all, since this is the powder room, can I take a moment an just say that AF on blood thinners is just plain ridonkulous!? Sigh. Nooo!

I think that's why the husbands don't really get it- how hard it is for us to lose. My husband could always lose just by cutting out seconds- and his firsts were still huge.

He is the hardest part of losing weight and always has been. He will try to entice me to eat badly when he knows I am on a diet so once I have surgery I will just have to consistently tell him NO. The hard part will be when he brings home 4 cartons of ice cream even though neither of us should eat it (he is diabetic). I love ice cream. I keep telling him don't even think about me eating out or eating a lot of things for the next 6 months. I have to be over dramatic about it to have a chance that he will be more considerate.

I know what you are going through! My husband, who weighs about 165 soaking wet, eats anything he wants! And now it seems to me that he eats FOREVER! I get so sick of hearing him chew his food...I can't hardly stand it!

This is exactly my husband to the same weight. Sunday he was eating for 2 HOURS! Seriously! He had dinner and a snack and another snack and another snack- it was neverending.

During that 2 hours I had a Protein shake and some Water.

Men. They build muscle faster. They are naturally leaner. They are not as susceptible to our estrogen fueled emotional fits. They don't have periods and deal with constant monthly re-wiring of their hormones. They don't bare children or have to deal with the body and skin deformations that come with child bearing. And to top it off, they seem to drop weight 10x faster than us.

Ya. It pisses me off too.

It is what is. Sometimes we have to vent about it, but then we have to accept it, push harder, worker harder, and kick a$$ in the end!

Amy! Wow you are having a bad day! I get it my husband isn't overweight but he eats copious amounts of food or he LOSES weight! I mean this guy eats like a pig and I don't even want to tell you how much he weighs' date=' but I will say I still weigh more than him and I'm 171 now!

SOME men just drop weight easy.. But like you just said he's not doing it in a healthy way.

Girl I know it's going slower than you want but it's happening you ARE DOING IT!

[/quote']

Ps- zomg!! You're almost in the 160s. Daaaaaang!!

My husband Snacks all the time too. He is not skinny but his BMI is around 28 and has been the whole time. I think he has gone from a 32 to a 35 pants in the 14 years we have been together. I think it's because men just have more muscle. It's really hard for women to build muscle mass. That's why we can't bulk up without working really hard and taking supplements. And have you noticed how much body heat men give off when they sleep? They are lying there just burning calories. It's just biology. But life isn't fair and we have to follow our own journey so we can't focus on that.

Is he eating junk because he doesn't know how to cook? Maybe you could make him a big pot of chili or something like that, so it will be there and he can eat it instead. Or send him to a cooking class. He would feel better eating healthy even if he is losing weight. I'm lucky my husband is a great cook. Or maybe you can appeal to the cost. All that crap must cost a lot of money. Is cheaper to cook your own healthy meals

My roommate/ex is like that. ThAt tall mother freaked eat McDonald's, chips, ice cream, pudding, sweets, sodas. I swear, if I ever saw him touch a salad, I'd die. He's always been skinny and smaller than me.

He is saying he wants to loose weight too now... What weight? Lol

Pre-op, he would feed me while I was trying to lose for a date. Tempt me with pizza, Cookies. But post op, he's one of my biggest supports. He compliments my naked saggy body, and tells me I look sexy. He makes me proud of having done this and though he's butt hurt about the fact that I go to the gym too now, he ultimately cares. :)

When I started this journey ( I am still pre-op, Hopefully being sleeved in July) my husband was dead-set against me doing this. Then he caught me reading WLS for Dummies. He flew off the handle. At that point I told him straight out tough-****, I am going to have the surgery regardless of his opinion. I reminded him that as my husband it was his responsibility to support my decisions not make me follow his.

It's been a few months and I've been working really hard to prepare myself for the surgery and do all the required things for the doctors and insurance. During that time I have been working out, taking at least 10,000 steps a day, watching what I eat etc...... But my dear sweet husband has dropped 40 lbs since January with out even trying. I've been struggling and have only lost 14lbs. But WOOHOO for me because I met the 10 pound loss required by my surgeon.

My husband is a Union Iron Worker in his late 40's. At night he shovels down so much food it is unbelievable. I give him credit that for his breaks at work he eats things like granola, yogurt, fruit etc. His work is very labor intensive. He used my pedometer the other day and he had 22,000 steps in an 8hr workday. He was 235 lbs. He is now 195. He hasn't been this small since he got out of the army 25 years ago. He laughs it off and says, "Its because they worked the whole winter". blah, blah, blah. Men!

He's dropped 2 pant sizes. I lost 1 pants size as long as I wear my Spanx. LOL