Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved w/ Rhuematoid Arthritis and Fybromyalgia

I was sleeved 6 days ago - on May 15, 2013. I have had a rough time getting back on my feet. My energy is completely depleted and I can barely shower by myself. I am just stuck in the bed. Has anyone else felt like this?

Have you had enough Protein? liquids?

I did. So many people seem to spring back and not need pain meds, but I was really pooped for weeks and needed pain meds for more than a week. Do get up and walk around a little even though you are tired. Be sure to get your fluids and eat your Protein. Both help promote healing. Give yourself time to recover and heal.

Lynda

Ladies: I am having a lot of trouble getting in my Protein - it sends me straight to the bathroom and run right through me. Water - probably only 12 ounces a day right now.

I was diagnosed with Lupus nearly 20 years ago. I have not had a flare up since surgery almost 3 months ago. I also do not take any meds for my Lupus. Steroids made me crazy and made me gain weight. All the other meds were just trial and their was always something new and It just was not worth it to me. I would rather get through a day or so of pain then take a pill everyday for something I dont feel every day. As for the energy preop somedays every so often I would feel 100% cant get out of bed exhaustion, some days I would wake up with the lupus rash on my face. Im not saying that loosing weight is a cure for Lupus obviously its not, When I was diagnosed I weighed 135-140. And its the normal course to go in and out of remission. I am telling you this becuase fibromyalgia and Lupus seem to be similar, my mom was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia, only to be later diagnosed with Lupus.

Lupus is not a one blood test, it takes a series of tests over a period of time to come up with the final diagnosis.

My energy level is dependent on the amount of sleep I get, the amount of excersize, the amount of Protein and Vitamins I take. Sometimes It just doesent matter and I am not good for that day. Good luck with your journey. Lupus and Fibromyalgia ppl are silent sufferers, no one can see the amount of pain and exhaustion you endure, and it can be mentally very difficult.

I DON'T have rheumatoid or fibromyalgia, and I didn't do much better at first. I had to rest after I showered, and while I wasn't in the bed, I was in a chair, a lot. It does get better, and the aches and pains I had are gone. It's so much easier doing everything when you weigh less.

Ladies: I am having a lot of trouble getting in my Protein - it sends me straight to the bathroom and run right through me. Water - probably only 12 ounces a day right now.

The diarrhea is common post-op, but check with your Dr. I remember they told me to watch and see if it was staying as bad or getting worse.

I was lactose intolerant post-op. The only Protein Powder I tolerated well the first few days was unjury. After the first week, I did well with GNC Gold Standard whey. I mixed it with Soy milk.

Lynda

The diarrhea is common post-op' date=' but check with your Dr. I remember they told me to watch and see if it was staying as bad or getting worse.

I was lactose intolerant post-op. The only Protein powder I tolerated well the first few days was unjury. After the first week, I did well with GNC Gold Standard whey. I mixed it with Soy milk.

Lynda[/quote']

Thanks for this information! I am going to buy some Unjury.< /p>

Amma,

I just noticed you are only drinking very little Water. I used a shot glass and a timer to get my Water in at first. One ounce sipped over 15 minutes Makes 4 ounces per hour. Teeny sips; take the whole 15 minutes to finish the ounce. I preferred room temp water. Not to cold or hot.

Lynda