Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:faint: New to this site but needed some extra support. Had my surgery on 11/9/06 and have lost 17 lbs. I still have a week and half till my fill. I am nervous and anxious to get the process started again. I fell healed and ready to lose weight. I am startin to make bad food choices and feel like I am getting too comfortable where I am at. Just needing a little support.

When I felt weak with my choices I started counting calories until I was making good choices again. When I reached what I should for that day ,I would allow myself one more sf popsicle and lots of liquid only . This helped me through the rough time. Be strong and be proud of your 17 lbs . Just wait until its 37 lbs:) ! I promise it does get easier and it feels great to get on the scales.< /p>

edie

You are in the worst time of it all!!! Raring to go, and stalled in the starting gate!!! Just do what you have to to get through the next 10 days. Keep busy, buy up healthy options for snacking, so you won't be tempted to easily by other things. Keep your Protein up, it helps in curbing hunger. Mainly right now, avoid as much of the sugar, and carbs as you can. The more of them you eat, the more you crave...and thus begins an evil circle!

Walking is great right now, it does not exert any pressure or pull on the healing areas, and it keep the metabolism up. It help release any remaining gas in the abdominal cavity. It burns calories, and helps to maintain muscle. If you feel a binge coming on, walk around the block!!! Walking saved me from myself, while I waited for my first fill!!!

With the first fill, I had some change, but not much. I was forced to eat slower, smaller bites, and it reduced how much I ate, but not a big change. I acheived restriction with my 2nd fill which was done 1 month later. I love the restriction, it feels good, knowing it is helping me to stop when I need too. But the biggest help is it eliminated my hunger....thank heavens!!!!

Hang in there----it happens to everyone!! The fill will be here soon, and help will be on the way!!!!

Welcome to bandland and to LBT---it is an awesome site!!!!

Kat

hi ya mhalp8005

Congratulations on your surgery and your weight loss so far...it is fantastic.

your story sounds soooo familiar...I was and still am prone to 'push things' and make bad food choices...Even after getting filled and the whole lifestyle change process had started. The fill itself doesnt provide all the assistance we need...although it does make it a bit easier. However, there are still times we may feel hungry especially in the months leading up to when you find your 'sweet spot' concerning restriction...It takes determination and commitment to make the right choices for your body and the band...However, when I slip up...there is always tomorrow. Stay positive and do your best....You'll be fine. PM or Email me if you need some one to one support...my door is always open.

:eek: becky