Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I haven't been on here since the night before so I guess I'll explain my whole process. So the surgery went well, I woke up in a lot of pain (my doc said I was cursing like a sailor lol) but once I got the pain meds I was feeling better I suppose. I was walking 2 hours later taking a stroll into the hallway which was nice and cool and refreshing and I even asked if I could stay out there but that was a no. So the incisions hurt a lot and I didn't have a room so it was hard to rest with other patients screaming and moaning. That night was rough I was gagging and breathing really deep, I figured it was too much pain medication because I would hit the button a lot, fall asleep, then wake up feeling horrible. That nurse was worried about my breathing but its just the way I sooth myself. So the next day was getting just annoying, they eventually took me off the I.v. pain meds and then I started hurting a lot. I took a dose of liquid morphine and that just made me nauseous, making me throw up blood and foam for the rest of the day. That night I got moved into an isolation room in the same place which was better then nothing. I had a flat screen t.v. and I was close to the bathroom which was nice because at that point I started having to pee very frequently. They gave me a different pain med that night a lot with anti nausea and that was probably the best I felt in the hospital. I was able to take down some liquids, not a lot at all though. My favorite was the watered down apple juice. I didn't have any Protein in the hospital :/ so the 3rd day I woke up just ready to go home and I could drink without it coming back up so I waited for my doctors approval. Around 5 I was able to go home! I felt kinda bad that night but not too much pain. The next day I got the prescription of liquid morphine and I toke a dose which helped my incision pain but it completely made me feel like **** and I started throwing up for the rest of the day, I wasn't sure if that was the cause so I took another shot 4 hours later and again made me feel worse. Saturday was the worst day, I guess it was me coming off of the morphine and my stomach started cramping so bad, it was probably the worst pain I was in. I finally started to go to the bathroom which was not fun at all. This morning I finally felt so much better. The cramping comes but at least it's gone in about 3ish minutes. I couldn't get hardly hand protein in yesterday but today I'm trying. It's so hard I'm not sure how to get a lot in. I had a powdered peach mango which really isn't my cup of tea and its only 15gs of protein and I have about a half a cup a day. And the Isopure is no different. It makes my mouth dry which really doesn't help. I seriously can't wait till I can eat! The day I can take a bite of fish or chicken I will be so happy! I can't take these Protein Drinks. I wish there was a Vitamin with a whole lot of protein so I can just focus on getting my liquids in. But I feel good right now the only time I'm in pain is the cramps every once in a while or getting up or down from sitting at this one incision. But I can't wait for the future! I wish I could just fast forward a month

Hi! I was sleeved on Tuesday too and have had nothing but clear liquids: beef or chicken broth, gatorade, Jello, crystal light and plain Water. I don't get to start Protein Shakes until my doc sees me on Tuesday. It's interesting how every doc is different. I still have a lot of pain in just one of my incision areas, but tolerating pain meds well. Bless your heart' it sounds like you need some different pain meds that your new little tummy can handle.

Hi! I was sleeved on Tuesday too and have had nothing but clear liquids: beef or chicken broth' date=' gatorade, Jello, crystal light and plain Water. I don't get to start Protein shakes until my doc sees me on Tuesday. It's interesting how every doc is different. I still have a lot of pain in just one of my incision areas, but tolerating pain meds well. Bless your heart' it sounds like you need some different pain meds that your new little tummy can handle.[/quote']

Yes it's seriously is so weird how every doctor is different! Mine even told me not to have broth! But other then that I'm drinking the same as you. That's good to know you aren't even drinking Protein yet, so my little but doesn't seem so bad! But honestly at this point I don't need any pain meds I'm doing just fine!

Wow, now I don't feel so bad about my surgery on the 14th,yours sounds terrible.I didn't have any vomitting, no reaction to the meds at all. Am having trouble with plain Water, but if its a little warm it's not as bad. Hang in there it's bound to get better right?

I'm envious that you don't need pain meds! Usually, I pop right back after surgery, but I'm still on pain meds due to the extreme pain in my lower right side.. All of my other incisions are fine and don't hurt at all.

Wow' date=' now I don't feel so bad about my surgery on the 14th,yours sounds terrible.I didn't have any vomitting, no reaction to the meds at all. Am having trouble with plain Water, but if its a little warm it's not as bad. Hang in there it's bound to get better right?[/quote']

It might have sounded bad but it really wasn't that bad at all I was surprised the vomiting usually made me feel better afterwards and I feel fine now!

So glad to hear you are feeling better finally....wow, that was scary what you went thru!