Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am expecting to have my surgery in January. I am 43 years old, and weigh 230. I guess I am going through the post-decision jitters, and am looking for all the info I can get.:help:

Can anyone recommend a good Protein Drink. I am really bad about not being able to drink it if it doesn't taste good or smells bad.

Thanks

Lisa

I used mostly the Unjury Unflavored, and then I flavored it with a variety of things. SF flavored syrups, SF pudding, peanut butter...since I wanted to use different flavors the unflavored worked best for me. It has 20 grams of Protein per scoop. You can order it online, and you can also order sample packets, in choc. van. & straw. I liked the chocolate as well. www.unjury.com I also just got an email from them saying they now have chicken broth too. I would imagine it is high protein too...But you can use the unflavored in any broth as well. I have added it to all kinds of food...from my shakes to spaghetti sauce!!!

Good Luck!!!! And Welcome to LBT!

Kat

The products on www.bariatriceating.com are very high quality.....all designed for weight loss surgery patients, not body builders or athletes. They carry several different brands of powders and RTD (ready to drink) as well as some great hi protein/lo carb bars. The Matrix drinks are creamy, the nectar drinks are thin (like juice)....give you good vairety. My favorites right now are Fuzzy Naval (peach) nectar and Orangecream Matrix. The Micellar Milk is an RTD delicious.....17 oz, 40 grm of Protein....tastes like rice pudding kinda.

During cold weather, I love the IDS cappacino powder in my coffee....sometimes use the Belgian chocolate powder in it.....and the Vanilla/Cinnamon powder is good in hot tea. There is no reason for anyone NOT finding a Protein supp that they like these days.

The best advice someone gave on another thread was.... try one before you buy a case! Every few months I have to learn this the hard way.

Here's one you should try "Muscle Milk Light" My surgeon, and Dietician recomend this, and so would I!!! You mix a 8oz. shake and get 25G of Protien, 2G of sugar, and 195 calories. That is Awsome.... Go to ebay,

type it in, and price it. You can go to a G.N.C., but it is a lot more expensive. Flavors are great! I mean Cookies n cream, chocolate peanutbutter, strawberry shake, chocolate carmel pecan, and the list goes on. Remember!! you will be on this stuff probably for life. "that's what I was told!" So you must get that protien in. Another great way to start the day is Carnitation Instant Breakfast. "in the blue box" see if you can find the variety box? "I did" it's pretty good. I use light soy milk.

"can't drink the real thing." any questions get back. But M.M.L. is the best way to go. Happy Shopping. Shirley...