Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled next Wednesday and after reading the struggles of fluids, I decided to buy smart Water since it has electrolytes. I'm thinking something is something. Thoughts

My favorite! It went down easier than plain Water.< /p>

I use gatorade low calorie 45 calories a bottle. I'm almost six months out. In the beginning I drank lots of regular Powerade.< /p>

I just poted this in another post I think it will help:

The key is sip then wait a few seconds then sip ,wait,sip wait. If you stay on it you should be able to get 4 ounces in 15 minutes. Thats 16 ounces in 1 hour. So it should take about 4 hours. When I woke up in the morning I would take out all the fluids I had to drink for the day and put them next to me with a pen and pad. It took all day but I got it in. When I didn't I was dizzy felt faint tired and sick(it was very scary,got hospitalized once because of it). Till today when I'm low on fluids I get dizzy and lightheaded when standing. Its difficult in the beginning But these few month will shape the way you eat drink for the rest of your life. liquid is a very crucial part of having this surgery. So, find a way to make it work. Stay strong and baby steps you can do this :)

I'm scheduled for 5/27 and have the exact same fear - I'm a Water addict and always have a 60oz bottle with me. At least after surgery I will be contributing to the environmental health of the planet by not buying giant bottles of Water by the truckload.

I'm thinking smaller vessels of SmartWater might be a genius remedy, even just short-term during recovery. Thank you!

I get worried. I actually love drinking Water and drink a lot so I fear dehydration.

I also like Powerade Zero. No calories or carbs.

Getting dehydrated was one of my biggest fears and in fact was part of my reason for not leaving the hospital. I had a 4 day stay. I told them that I would not leave until I knew for certain that I would not dehydrate when I went home.

The 1st day of surgery I was sleeved at 0800. By 1000 I was in recovery and I was on orders to take nothing by mouth for 1 whole day. Day 2, I could barely get in 4 oz per hour... thank you IV!! Day 3 I could get in around 4 oz per hour. Day 4 I was getting 6 oz per hour.

Fast Forward to almost 3 weeks and I can get in about 4 oz in about 5 minutes!! :o and about 17-10 oz in an hour.

I NEVER thought that was going to happen when I was in the hospital. In fact I remember thinking "What have I done to myself?"

It really does get better. Don't worry until you have to worry. {{{hugs}}}

Getting dehydrated was one of my biggest fears and in fact was part of my reason for not leaving the hospital. I had a 4 day stay. I told them that I would not leave until I knew for certain that I would not dehydrate when I went home.

The 1st day of surgery I was sleeved at 0800. By 1000 I was in recovery and I was on orders to take nothing by mouth for 1 whole day. Day 2' date=' I could barely get in 4 oz per hour... thank you IV!! Day 3 I could get in around 4 oz per hour. Day 4 I was getting 6 oz per hour.

Fast Forward to almost 3 weeks and I can get in about 4 oz in about 5 minutes!! :o and about 17-10 oz in an hour.

I NEVER thought that was going to happen when I was in the hospital. In fact I remember thinking "What have I done to myself?"

It really does get better. Don't worry until you have to worry. {{{hugs}}}[/quote']

Everyone here is so great. Thanks.

I drink smart Water w/flavor drops.. Well, squirts in my case. I don't like water so it's got to have flavor ;) but its always smart water