Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

taking supplements

I am 4 months out and I am at the gym 3-4 times a week lifting and running the other days. I wondering if I am allowed to take any type of supplements to help muscle growth or anything else that will help me?

thanks,

John

Great question I know more Protein helps are you taking supplement of any kinda ....

Great question I know more Protein helps are you taking supplement of any kinda ....

All I am taking right now is my Vitamins my doctor wants me to take. They just upped my Protein intake to 100-130g a day because of my workout routine. Other then that none.

I was just wondering if any ones is taking anything else or allowed to take anything else.

I am 4 months out and I am at the gym 3-4 times a week lifting and running the other days. I wondering if I am allowed to take any type of supplements to help muscle growth or anything else that will help me?

thanks,

John

It's always a good idea to run it past your Dr/Nut before deciding to take supplements. Just keep in mind that the supplement industry is booming and there's lots of money to be made off of people who aren't well informed. You'll be fed a bunch of bad info from MOST of the companies selling supplements, especially the one that starts with a "G" and ends with a "C". ^_^ So just research as much as you can. There are a lot of opinions in regards to supplements, but the one's that I find help me somewhat (and the ones I take) are:

whey Protein

Fish Oil

Creatine (off and on)

In my opinion (for what that may be worth), any real muscle gains will come from 1-proper nutrition and 2-good ol' fashioned hard work in the gym spent lifting. The supplements are just that....to supplement the main two factors that I just mentioned. Fish oil offers so many benefits, but I can't afford to eat fish every day, so I supplement to get those omegas. Most on this board already take Protein to at least retain muscle. But you can't build it without a little extra protein and most sleevers can't eat enough to get the extra protein, so I usually have at least one whey shake a day. Guys will usually want to stay away from too much soy protein. It's just not the best protein choice for guys. Creatine just helps shuffle Water to muscles, which I've noticed maybe gives me enough energy to do an extra rep each set. I'm not sold on it contributing all that much, but since it's fairly inexpensive and safe, I take it from time to time.

Keep in mind, everyone is different, so many times it's just a matter of trial and error and see what works best for ya. Good luck!

Agree with ^^^^^^°

My list of supplements match.

Other additional supplements I currently take are C4 as a pre workout drink and catalyst as a pretty workout amino acid boost. Love both for the powerful workouts.

I like creatine because it really helps with measurable lean muscle growth. I take about 5g a day, sometimes 10 g. It depends on the type of training I am going to do.

Fish oil helps fight all the inflammation in your body after hard workouts. I take 3g on days I lift or do cross fit because both are hard on the body.

Invest in a high quality recovery Protein. You will see better gains if you use the high end stuff. It is also helpful if it has bcaa chains in it. There are so many powders to choose from, but make sure it is not loaded with sugar 3g or less) and packs at least 25 g whey per serving.

Whey is fast acting Protein and good to drink after a workout. Casein is slow acting protein and good to take at night around bed time. I drink 2-3 shakes a day because there is no way I can eat enough lean protein to keep up with my workouts.

Eat as clean a diet as you can focusing on a proper balance of the macro nutrients. Diet of lean Proteins, good carbs and good fats is probably 80% of the effort to getting real gains. Lifting is 20%. The old saying is true, muscles are made in the kitchen.

There are several really knowledgeable supplement guys here on VST so know you will be getting straight and legit answers. No bull.

Hello Dear' date='

How are you today? i know that all is well with you

My name is Faith, Am 21 years old girl,We made to be together forever for the feelings am having now sending you this mail, can we be friend?, write me at ( faith4real_020@yahoo.com ) or you can give me your email id for me to send you my photo ok, please don't ignore this mail, try to reply. Pls contact me at ( faith4real_020@yahoo.com ) I have allot to discus with you, i will also like to know you the more, :wub: [/quote']

Are you for real? Looks like a robospam if I have ever seen one...

Are you for real? Looks like a robospam if I have ever seen one...

It's robospam! She's outta control here!