Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone with tattoos notice a change post surgery? Mine is on my upper back so I'm not sure if it will change. .ex. when my aunt got pregnant her tattoo on her lower belly/hip stretched out, does this happen with weight loss?

I worry about about this too. I have 5 tattoos. The one on my hip has stretched with my 2 pregnancies and 100lb weight gain.

tattoos - change post surgery?

Janice

like you said - being pregnant - gaining weight will stretch your tattoo

losing weight, you will have less skin - so the tattoo will look smaller

kathy

Janice

like you said - being pregnant - gaining weight will stretch your tattoo

losing weight' date=' you will have less skin - so the tattoo will look smaller

kathy[/quote']

Yes but just smaller is fine I was just curious if anyone's tattoos looked distorted

I have 12 right now. Where the tat is located plays a major role in how it's effected. Places like foot, upper shoulder/chest, leg, lower arm, upper back, ankle won't be as effected. Hips, stomach, ribs, butt, boob will be more effected. If you got it prior to weight gain it would have stretched with your skin. If its in an area prone to lose skin it won't bounce back as well and may have more of the deflated balloon look. If you got it after the weight gain, it might look more distorted.

I have a lot of tattoos and there still fine after weight loss

I have a lot of tattoos and there still fine after weight loss

Including a huge chest piece .. Nothing is distorted

I have some butterflies on my back, and I haven't noticed a difference. Well, maybe now I can turn my head and see them.

post-44447-13813665744005_thumb.jpg

I'm rather curious about this myself. I'm holding off on getting half sleeves because I was afraid the huge weight loss would distort the artwork.

This is one of the concerns that I have had about surgery... I asked my doctor but she said she had no idea no one really had ever asked about it, but reading what you guys have said makes me feel alot better! still going to hold off on getting anymore til after i loose a majority of my weight from surgery .

I've never been brave enough for a tattoo--but I think after I reach my goal, I'll get one to Celebrate. That'll give me a year or so to plan it out!

I had two prior to surgery and they look exactly the same now as they did over 100 pounds ago. One is on my leg and one is on my breast. I just got a beautiful new one on my left shoulder to symbolize my weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using VST

post-175-13813666059691_thumb.jpg

I have a full upper back piece and yes it actually has spanned out farther across my shoulders and around a little so you can see it more on my shoulders and not just on my back. It may have spread like a total of 2 inches across so that's not too bad. Luckily it also doesn't look distorted... just a little bigger lol.