Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Filled to MUCH!

OK everyone, I need support. I have had the worst week ever! I am little more than a year out from surgery. I had another fill last week and it was to much. I have been testing my sweet spot for about 2 months. Getting very little fills about every month. Well I over did it last week. My doctor is great and said he would fill me as long as I could eat one whole hamburger patty. Well I went from being able to eat that to not even being able to drink Water. Because of my schedule, not my doctors, I could not get back in for a week after getting that last fill. I thought I was going to die! No food really and barely any water, the smallest of sips, for a week. Went back to the doctors today and removed the fill and a little more. I think I might have drunk several gallons of water today I was so thirsty. Well I think I'm done with fills for awhile. That sweet spot will come up on you quick. Anyone not feeling there fills, don't worry you will! Well just had to vent a bit, thanks for listening!

Elizabeth..

Hi I know that feeling of overfilling all to well...My dr who was only new to lapband fills...infact I am his first patient filled me up to maximum (4cc) on my 2nd fill...needless to say I was sick! I couldn't keep Water down...was vomiting my own saliva...I thought I was going to die...but fortunately my dr saw me for an emergency unfil 2 hrs later (after hours) so i didn't have to put up with it for a whole week like you did...you poor thing! oh well..hopefully things will be ok from here on in now that you have found your sweet spot.

:) becky

Thanks Becky for the comforting words! Yeah a whole week was the worst. I don't know how an anorexic does it. I was staving myself to death basically. It was horrible. And to make sure to say it was not my doctors fault. I have had small fills throughout the year, but this little one just closed me right up. I have a 4cc band too and we don't have a lot of room anyway. I believe it is the smallest band you can get. Well, happy to say I had some Pasta tonight and lots and lots of Water. Thanks again for the kind words! Always can always count on this site to cheer me up!

Hey I can sure relate! I was over filled right before Thanksgiving and I truly thought I was going to die! The dehydration was so bad I lost 21 pounds in 6 days!!! Yea I was a sick puppy! I learned my lesson ...better too loose than too tight!

Glad you are feeling better ,keep drinking and do not worry about the weight you lost coming back on. Remember it was all Water and it will. Take good care!

Last thurseday I got my third fill and I have felt the same way since then. I got sick 3 times that night. First time on apple juice and the next few times on nothing. I stayed home from work on Friday afraid I would get sick again, and I was not feeling well at all the whole day, weak and very thirsty. I can get liquids down but not as much as I used to. I have three small glasses of milk sitting in the fridge now I can't finish. I can eat solids but I eat a few bites and I get full really fast. I am burping more now than ever, it makes me feel better. I have lost 4 pounds since thurseday. I am grateful for the weight loss but the the price is heavy and painful. I am slowly able to eat solids again and hopefully it will get better, soon!

Dieta

I sympathize with you. Look at my history and you'll see why. I just got back getting an unfill from a fill that didn't even bring me back to where I was before all the leaking. For me, it is the amount of fill at any one time. It hits me about 6-10 days after a fill. I can't recover from the PBs and this time threw up from 2:00 pm on Saturday until about 2 am. It started again after a few sips of Water on Sunday.

Its not good to let these things keep going for long. After 2 days, it always happens over a weekend or long holiday, I was waitng for them at the fill center this morning.

I can now sip Water and had some broth. No pain, so I think the worse is over for me. Go slow and feel better.