Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone!!!! So Ive been debating on weather or not I should walk/jog the 5k color run this year! Its coming to Michigan, and although I wish I had more time to train the only one available is for july. Im aiming for surgery in june so I know I probably wont be up to running but regardless Ive always wanted to do this and why not start my weight loss journey off this way! For all of you who dont know what the color run is its the happiest 5k on the planet:) you wear all white, dress goofy and get doused in color powder as you run. By the time your done you look like a rainbow! Do you guys think I should do it? Especially if I just walk. My goal is to run it by next year! NEVER thought I would say I would want to run a marathon IN MY LIFE until now! What a healthy and fun way to do so though :)

Heres a YOUTUBE link to the color run so you guys can see how awesome it is!

post-54676-13813665555452_thumb.jpg

It is coming to South Dakota and would like to do it, just the same weekend as some other committments so I will have to see. It looks like fun, although it also looks like there is a lot of "dust" in the air. Wondering about that. I was sleeved 2/28 and I did a 5K for the bariatric group I am with on 4/27 so I was 8 weeks out. You may want to just play it by ear and see how you are feeling, but walking is always good for you.

My nieces did it last year and had a blast! I'm walking the 5k in Grand Rapids in a few hours. 6 mo out but can't run it because I had knee replacement. You'll want to check with your doctor after surgery. I'm 66 and proud of it!!!

How fun! That sounds awesome! I think you can totally walk it. But totally check with your doc.YAY for rainbow dust! I want to do that!

Oh yeah I totally will! And in all honesty I will probably just walk it anyways, probably be best for me , next year ill jog it ;) My friend who might be going with me had double knee surgery years back and cant run so its the perfect excuse for us to walk it, hey itll take us longer to finish so we will have more time to take it all in and enjoy it! :)

Just finished walking a 5 k in 1 hour 6 min.

I'll be walking one the 25th of this month. :)

Looks like a lot of fun. Just do it! Even if you walk the whole way it is still a good exercise. Maybe download one of the couch to 5 K apps for guidance and coaching?

I did the Color Vibe run out here in Las Vegas yesterday! It was a blast! There was a ton if people from all ages with all shapes and sizes!!

I highly recommend it!!

post-50003-13813666026211_thumb.jpg

post-50003-13813666027013_thumb.jpg

The one in lansing will be my first 5k...I am so excited! I think it would be a great start for you and something to look forward to next year think about the difference it would be cool to have a referenc event. If I were you I would write down everythong about the event how you were feeling and stuff so the next year you can look at how far you have come.

What is the date of the Color Run in Lansing? I'm in Ann Arbor and missed the one in Ypsilanti.

I did the Color Vibe run out here in Las Vegas yesterday! It was a blast! There was a ton if people from all ages with all shapes and sizes!!

I highly recommend it!!

Yay! I did a color run in Sacramento, Ca and had a blast too! Ur right about all types of people participating. This is a perfect first 5k event for people just starting out. It was the first race I registered for. I ended up doing two 5ks before it though. Lol! Color Runs are great! I'm glad u had a fun time!!

What is the date of the Color Run in Lansing? I'm in Ann Arbor and missed the one in Ypsilanti.

I believe the one in Lansing is July 13:) I have no one to go with now so idk if I'm going to :(

Welp,nvm! It's sold out :( ad it was 7.11.13 not the 13th. My bad

If you find any close to Lansing that are 5K walks I'm in. My husband would walk with us too as support. The 11th is a Thursday which surprises me that it would be on a Thursday.