Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, new to the site! Had a sleeve nearly a year & a half ago, was extremely overweight.. Weighed 130kg prior to surgery, have lost 42kgs in total.. Haven't really had any complications.. The occasional dumping, uncomfortable lying down straight after eating, stomach often makes strange noises at times when eating... Irregular loose bowels, hair loss, feel cold more often, and don't have the desire to really drink...

I feel I generally eat quite well, and excercise at the gym 3-4 times a week... Yet still have a fair way to go, idealy I'd like to lose another 20-30kgs...

Over the past year I've felt very letharic, sometimes weak, lack of energy, mood changes, lack of concentration & fatigue... It's really quite concerning, I've had numerous blood tests but nothings come up... Always just board line... Low ish Iron, slightly low blood count.. Thyroid is fine.. Blood sugar and cholesterol is fine...

I am generally good with taking my Vitamins & try to eat 2-3 pieces fruit a day, with vegetables/meat & or salads... I am trying to encorporate more Protein into my diet, & Water...

Having more blood tests next week, has anyone felt like this or has any answers? I wonder if it's malabsorption a as a result of the operation...

**future**

The loose bowels are so bad for me. I have had major accidents. Today was a dilly. I don't get cold anymore. That only lasted thru the fast weight lose. i have to ask my doctor about the loose bowels. I don't know why this happens daily usually more than once. The little bit of food that I eat, you wonder where it comes from. I did find out that I am anemic and that is one of the things caused by anemia. Hopefully I can get my Iron level back up soon.

Have either of you had your gallbladder removed? I became like tjat after gallbladder removal in 1991. Finally after my VSG it stoped. Also that sounds like a side effect of Crohns disease. Talk to surgeon they have all the answers. Good luck to you both.

Thanks hun, non of it is really a problem

For me. They are merely just minor side effects of the surgery.. My main concern is the constant fatigue and lack of concentration.. Nearly had 3 car crashes one week, its scary.. Feel like your drink driving sometimes.. Don't know if it's something I'm doing, ie lack of Protein, Water, correct diet, malnutrition etc.. Found out today your not to take Iron with Calcium tablets.. I take 1 Centrum, 2 calcium with Vitamin D chewable tabs, and 2 iron tablets- bc I'm low.. However was taking them all together.. Aparently your not to take two 500mg calcium tabs at the same time, anyone know? My dietition never told me any of this- feel stupid that Ive been taking them incorrectly for a year & a half & noone has asked me.. And packaging doesn't suggest certain tabs are contraindicated.. I guess I should have done more research :(

Oh and no gallbladder removed.. Generally fit & healthy accept for The extra weight

Dont be to hard on yourself, its not your fault. That is exactly why we pay our doctors and dieticians to tell us what exactly we are subpose to take and how to take it. We all just need to remember they work for us not us for them and darn it they need to do thier jobs!

Its frustrating as I pay my dietition $90 for half an hour and non of this was explained about the vitamins.. There was no ongoing education after surgery about nutrition once I got over the 6 weeks post op, I wasn't too bothered though, bc id rather they botch up the after care rather then the surgery... Great full all the went 100% everything else I can handle.. So I've just been researching myself had a personal trainer for a year that also taught me about healthy eating- great Protein foods- he was better then my dietitian and I didn't even have to pay him for the dietition advice he did it all in his own time..

Its frustrating as I pay my dietition 90 for half an hour and non of this was explained about the Vitamins.. There was no ongoing education after surgery about nutrition once I got over the 6 weeks post op' date=' I wasn't too bothered though, bc id rather they botch up the after care rather then the surgery... Great full all the went 100% everything else I can handle.. So I've just been researching myself had a personal trainer for a year that also taught me about healthy eating- great Protein foods- he was better then my dietitian and I didn't even have to pay him for the dietition advice he did it all in his own time..[/quote']

Isnt it ironic, how we pay someone to figure everything out for us and in the end we have to figure almost all of it by ourselves. I am glad your PT gave you some info that will help you. We just have to remember these professionals are all human and they forget and make mistakes to. Thats why I come here to this forum, to find out if what the doctor says is the same as what other doctors say. Alot of the time its the complete opposite and I try and do what feels rigjt for me and what makes sense. I hope you find the answers you are looking for and wish you all the luck in the world.

Hi future. nothing to be embarrassed about. It sounds like your NUT dropped the ball. Not much education about what to expect after 6 weeks is kinda scary. i am 20 months post op and doing really good. My Vitamin levels are good. My diet consists mostly of Protein. I drink 1 Protein Drink in the am which helps me greatly. I don't eat breads, rice, pastas or potatoes. I do take a multivit, vit B12, vit b complex, vit D, coq10, and beta carotene. I do forget to take them occasionally. i do take Iron tablets and Calcium. I make sure that I take the calcium at different times. But I do recommend eating more protein and a little bit of veggies. Welcome to VST. :) You might want to look at the Veteran posts too....

My doctor recommended that I take a B complex to help with fatigue. He said that many patients do so much better with fatigue after taking it. Just started so I can't say if it works or not. My 6 months blood tests all came out good, except for elevated alkaline phosphatase, in which I will be having a abdominal CT scan next week to see if anything else is going on.

Hope you figure out what is going on soon so you can start enjoying 100% of your new life! :)

Thanks everybody, will certainly look into it! I am

Thrilled with my new body & have no regretes but once I get rid of this tiredness I will be over the moon :) will certainly look into my Vitamins