Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious if anyone does weight watchers post op?

Not that I want to go back to counting

Points but I'm in a serious stall and I wonder if I'm missing something counting calories instead of points? Thanks.

Hi Bos123,

Actually my list given by surgeon is the same form of eating as Wieght Watchers. But, will be counting calories instead of points. However, if you are really concerned with this stall.... I would call your surgeons or nutritionist office. Over the past 6 months I have hit 3 stalls. Each one lasting 2 weeks. I feel you in that they are hard and frustrating. What has helped me is that I know that it is normal. Our bodies have been through a Major change. And it needs time to adjust itself. Also, during my stalls I have lost inches and that helps!!! Best wishes to you!!! Keep your chin up!! This stall will pass!!!

Actually when I had stalls I would get frustrated and fearful that my weight loss was done but it wasn't. During the time of the stalls is when my body was rapidly decreasing in inches..... :) I would put on a pair of nice slacks in the morning and by the afternoon, they would be too big. That was a great NSV. You will lose your weight and have more stalls. Instead of looking at the stall as a bad thing, why not look at it as a good thing. Like the decrease in inches. If you haven't already taken measurements, this is a good time to take the measurements to see the changes in body size. CONGRATS...

Thanks guys. I do measure once a month. I have been in a month long stall but lost 4 1/2 inches. I'm just nervous because I was low bmi and am going into my six month so I wasn't sure if I should be doing something different. I am excersizing and watching my calories but wonder if I'm not watching fat and carbs etc. good enough, whereas points take those into consideration... Sigh lol

I go every week for the accountability of the scale. I don't eat enough to count points or anything.

I am a lifetime member at weight watchers and went back so that I could see the weight sticker in the book and see that I am actually 30 pounds under my goal with W.W.(it was set my by doctor at the time).

There is no way that you could consume the number of points that they would want you too.

For me to keep losing I vary my calories every couple of days and do the same with carbs; lower some days and a little higher the next. I do always though watch my carb intake, if not you would be surprised how quickly they can add up.

Ever try My Fitness Pal? It counts calories and nutritional information that y

That you can control. It has a bar code reader as well, and IT'S FREE!

I am a lifetime member at weight watchers and went back so that I could see the weight sticker in the book and see that I am actually 30 pounds under my goal with W.W.(it was set my by doctor at the time).

There is no way that you could consume the number of points that they would want you too.

For me to keep losing I vary my calories every couple of days and do the same with carbs; lower some days and a little higher the next. I do always though watch my carb intake' date=' if not you would be surprised how quickly they can add up.[/quote']

I would like to think I couldn't eat the points but the other day I did. I was under my calorie goal but apparently was not paying attention to carb and fat intake... Sigh... I suppose that's why I figured I would try again.