Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before First Fill question.....Or is it just me ...

Ok i go for my frist fill on Dec 16...WOOOHOOO :clap2: i am soo excited to feel full again i can not even tell ya ....Well i was just wondering is it me or do others feel this way ....

Right now i can eat just about anything and going thru my mind is "well eat up cause come saturday you will not be eating a whole lot" Yes yes i know that the the wroge way to think ...but something or sometimes you just can not help to think that ....Now i am eating way ...way less then before the band was put on and i have lost 10 pounds ....but i just know come saturday and that fill i will be eating the 1 cup of food everyone talkes about and all so i guess i am trying to get it all in now ...Has anyone ever felt this way ....???

Or am i a freak who just loves to eat ?? :hungry:

and if you did, did your mind change once you got that fill and you were eating the right protions ( heck i know if i eat too mcuh i will be sick ) not fun ....but kinda scarry thinking i can put away the food now ( which i knwo it is normal to have no restriction before the first fill and all)

not sure if this makes any sense to anyone ...i am kind of rambling here i guess

Laura

Laura,

You are not alone. Many people go through this. One fill isn't going to make that much difference. Many people have to get several fills to feel any restriction.

Hang in there. I promise it gets better.

Man but i do get alittle down when i see liek you have lost 35 pounds and only was banded a few days before me ..What is wronge with me why am i eating so much .....Granted i got the band cause i had no restriction at all ...I mean none ...nothing stayed in the tummy at all ....so i am eating less i guess i need to not compair myself to others and just look at the good i have right now ...Eating less and all ...and praying the fill helps ....

did you get a fill yet? did you tell a difference?

Laura

Man but i do get a little down when i see like you have lost 35 pounds and only was banded a few days before me and i have only lost 10..What is wronge with me why am i eating so much .....Granted i got the band cause i had no restriction at all ...I mean none ...nothing stayed in the tummy at all ....so i am eating less i guess i need to not compair myself to others and just look at the good i have right now ...Eating less and all ...and praying the fill helps ....

did you get a fill yet? did you tell a difference?

Laura

Yep, I got a fill on the 6th. I have a lot of restriction for just one fill. That is why I PB'd a little bit ago. I eat fast and don't chew well enough. The PB was scary. I sure as heck hope I learned from it.

My weight loss includes my preop diet. I worked hard during that time so I include it as well. It has not been easy, but I would never have lost anything if I hadn't been banded.

To me getting my 3rd fill was the sweet spot. I couldn't overeat and really, truly didn't want too. I think once you get good restriction that you won't really care too much about eating.

Been there, done that, still there sometimes but getting better...Its an ongoing lifechange sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...having the fill certainly does help but i have the problem that I see food i want to eat...even if I am not hungry persay so that is a deamon I am still dealing with...best luck for your fill. It is very exciting. I am having another on the 22nd so hopefully I will get to my 'sweet spot'

:) becky

Laura, be good to yourself during this phase. Without restriction you truly don't know what the band is capable of. You may not find that 1 fill will give you the level of restriction you desire so be patient.

You are definately not alone mikkozoe. I was banded on 12/13/06 and have minimal restriction. I can pretty much eat anything that I want albeit in smaller portions that what I was eating but still pretty substancial amount of food. I get my first fill on 1/16/07 and look forward to the restriction.

I have had one fill and felt a little bit of restriction for a few days. Now I can eat anything and a lot more than I woud like to be eating, thats for sure. I haven't lost any weight in the last week and a half *sigh*. The earliest I can get in for another fill is the 17th, so I am trying to make the best food choices I can, but its hard when I have discovered I can eat anything!