Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello im a sleever from canada montreal

Outstanding! Congratulations on making the sleeve work for you!

im from montreal too.. got sleeved Jan 16th.. who did yours?

well i'm going to chime in and hope this thread still has some life in it. i am seriously contemplating getting the vsg; the tentative surgery date would be mid-october. lots and lots of doubts and guilt and fear and literally months of research, some of which has inspired me, some of which inspires anxiety :) am starting this journey around 260 lbs bmi around 42.5, and would ideally get to a goal of around 145/150 ish. i am self-pay, so this decision has alot of levels. any encouragement welcome, and i would Love to hear more about the experiences of my fellow montrealers :) this is a pretty isolating subject, and it would be a relief to talk with people who have an inside, tangible understanding of all the implications. i guess my biggest reservation at this point is how little we know about the truly long-term health ramifications, as this is such a relatively recent wls choice, and almost everyone more than a couple of years out tend to drop off the boards and forums awhile after reaching goal. while that is completely understandable, it makes me a bit uneasy; this is irreversible, after all, so the more we can know, the better, right?

Hey! Yes. It is true that people tend to get off here after several months, there are some who come back after a few years! You can search in the threads or google it. What Ive noticed is that my body really really didnt need that much food! As long as you are careful with your Vitamins and stay healthy there should be no long term effects! I hve spoken to several doctors about it. I am 8 months post op and I feel fantastic. I started at 235 and am down to almost 155 now. I have more energy than ever before. I was self pay also, who is your doctor?

well i'm going to chime in and hope this thread still has some life in it. i am seriously contemplating getting the vsg; the tentative surgery date would be mid-october. lots and lots of doubts and guilt and fear and literally months of research' date=' some of which has inspired me, some of which inspires anxiety :) am starting this journey around 260 lbs bmi around 42.5, and would ideally get to a goal of around 145/150 ish. i am self-pay, so this decision has alot of levels. any encouragement welcome, and i would Love to hear more about the experiences of my fellow montrealers :) this is a pretty isolating subject, and it would be a relief to talk with people who have an inside, tangible understanding of all the implications. i guess my biggest reservation at this point is how little we know about the truly long-term health ramifications, as this is such a relatively recent wls choice, and almost everyone more than a couple of years out tend to drop off the boards and forums awhile after reaching goal. while that is completely understandable, it makes me a bit uneasy; this is irreversible, after all, so the more we can know, the better, right?[/quote']

I had the same reservations as you at first. I have a friend that had hers done a couple of years ago and is doing great! She actually just had a baby! While I am only a month out from surgery, I don't regret the decision to have it done. Think anout this.....what do you think are the long term complications of staying obese? I feel like there is more of a chance of having health issues because of that than there is because of the surgery.

thank you sooo much for taking the time to reply, kitkat and daisy. apologies for not having responed sooner, but while on vacation i contracted an evil little virus that laid me low for a few weeks, weak and dizzy and disorientated. now that i am on the mend, checked in here and was so happy to see replies!

i am having the surgery with dr. michel gagner in montreal. any thoughts about him?

congratulations to you both on your successes!

thank you sooo much for taking the time to reply' date=' kitkat and daisy. apologies for not having responed sooner, but while on vacation i contracted an evil little virus that laid me low for a few weeks, weak and dizzy and disorientated. now that i am on the mend, checked in here and was so happy to see replies!

i am having the surgery with dr. michel gagner in montreal. any thoughts about him?

congratulations to you both on your successes![/quote']

I'm not familiar with the doctor you will be using but I'm sure you are going to do great! I know the week leading up to the surgery. I started getting really nervous and started thinking of the worst possible things that could happen. However, the morning of the surgery all of those worries disappeared. I remember crying on the way to the hospital that morning overjoyed because I knew how much better my life was about to become. As of today, I have lost 34 lbs since the pre-op diet started on 7/16 and I've lost a total of 48 lbs since last September. I still have a long way to go but every day I'm looking better and feeling better. My confidence level has already soared. This is going to be the best thing you have ever done for yourself! I'm posting some pics of my progress so far. The pic on the left was taken June 2012. The middle pic was taken this past February and the one on the right was taken tonight.

[ATTACH]18058[/ATTACH]

post-65080-13813669669397_thumb.png