Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

You can also get a lot of info on Prevention.com

South Beach Diet Recipes

Once you get to Phase 3, you will be eating all the foods listed. The following recipes are sample of food you can eat. Feel free to explore new recipes by referring to South Beach Diet foods list.

Breakfast – Tex Mex Style (South Beach Diet Menu)

½ grapefruit

2 scrambled eggs mixed with Monterey Jack cheese and salsa

1 slice of whole grain toast

Decaffeinated coffee or tea, fat-free milk and sugar substitute if desired

Mid-Morning Snack

1 hard-boiled egg

Lunch – Roast Beef Wrap

1 ¼ cups reduced-fat cream cheese

4 flour tortillas (9” or 10”)

½ red onion, sliced

4 spinach leaves

8 ounces roast beef, sliced

Spread a small amount of cream cheese over the tortilla. Layer the spinach, onion, and roast beef, roll up, and fold. Serves 4.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

4 ounces Dannon Light ‘n Fit yogurt

recipe.jpgDinner – Lemon Couscous chicken (South Beach Menu)

1 ¼ cups water

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

2 cups broccoli florets

1 package Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous mix

1 ½ chopped cooked chicken

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

¼ teaspoon lemon peel

In a large skillet, bring Water, oil, broccoli, and spice from couscous mix to a boil. Stir in couscous, cooked chicken, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Simmer until heated through and then remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff lightly, then chill and serve cold. Serves 4.

Dessert – Lemon Peel Ricotta Crème (South Beach Diet Menu)

½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese

¼ teaspoon grated lemon peel

¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

1 package sugar substitute

Mix the ricotta cheese, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and sugar substitute, served chilled

Link to some more:

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/recipecollection.html

you know... i have a question. i am going to try to put this delicately... do uh, younger patients tend to lose more? :guess on another thead i saw a few ladies with the same amount of weight i wanted to lose but after months they had only lost a little bit... but they were 55+... so i was just wondering.:paranoid

I think I you follow your band rules and eat alot of Protein and low carbs and watch your calorie count and try to exercise you can lose alot no matter what your age. I have been to alot of support groups where the grams look great and are skinny now.

Madden

Audree, Have you had your stiches out yet? How long?

Dr. Ortiz stiches on the inside and uses surgical crazy glue on the outside. My little ones, the glue has been off for a few days and are completely healed. The two bigger ones still have the glue.

Audree

Audree, I am going to try to stay on phase one for a month at least till I get a fill.

Before my surgery I lost 12 pounds in two weeks on phase one. I stopped because I was hungrey and now I am not because of the band.

This Rocks, I am so excited.

Well, Ladies, I have to get going. Got to get the house clean for my sugery on Thurs. I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Take care.

Madden

oh! that is awesome information! i don't even have to research it! i just copied and saved it for later! LOL! i don't mind doing a modified version of low carb... but i don't eat red meat any more and try to limit my dairy. so doing a true low carb diet wouldn't be very practical for me. south beach looks very doable and almost similar to what i do now!

i think we're going to the seminar either this wednesday or thursday. (i'm dragging my friend along who is very into nutrition and exercise. he's very supportive of me getting this done and i know he will remember to ask questions when i don't. i'm very lucky to have him!)

if i learn anything new, i will of course share! :typing:

Well, Ladies, I have to get going. Got to get the house clean for my sugery on Thurs. I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Take care.

Madden

that is so exciting! about your surgery, not the cleaning house. LOL.

audree: "surgical crazy glue"!!! that cracked me up for some reason. is that what it is really called?!? i love it!

Audree, I am going to try to stay on phase one for a month at least till I get a fill.

Before my surgery I lost 12 pounds in two weeks on phase one. I stopped because I was hungrey and now I am not because of the band.

This Rocks, I am so excited.

I am going to do it too, when I can in a couple weeks!!! Let's do it together!!! Anyone else want to join us????

Don't feel bad about posting what you eat. We are here to support each other. The great thing is, I am not hungry.

Also, if anyone has any awesome recipes for South Beach, please post them. I remember another good one was

Whole Wheat tortilla pin wheel wraps. You slather on cream cheese/skinny cow cheese, put any cold cut of your choice, mustard, roll and cut.

Audree:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

that is so exciting! about your surgery, not the cleaning house. LOL.

audree: "surgical crazy glue"!!! that cracked me up for some reason. is that what it is really called?!? i love it!

Yeah!!! It is the kind they use on boxers when they split their faces open. :) It is great. I have had surgery before with staples, stiches, steri strips and the crazy glue leaves a lot nicer scar. Three of mine just look like a little read bump!

Audree

Yeah!!! It is the kind they use on boxers when they split their faces open. :) It is great. I have had surgery before with staples, stiches, steri strips and the crazy glue leaves a lot nicer scar. Three of mine just look like a little read bump!

Audree

that makes me feel better - i wasn't too concerned about the scarring but if i can avoid it, that would be great. i feel really lucky that even as large as i am, i was spared belly stretch marks... so when i lose enough i can bare my tummy! well, if my scars heal nicely, that is. does Dr. Ortiz automatically use that or do you have to ask for it?

My doctors office sells the Unjury...I also ordered some off of www.Unjury.com they are very nice and give you recipes for the shakes. They also have an unflavored that can be added to Soups, or other foods. Check them out.

I don't know what they mean about the chunks in the oatmeal, but I just tried stuff and if it didn't agree with me I didn't eat it. I couldn't tolerate apple sauce after surgery, but I was able to eat scrambled eggs...to each his own. I could see if you were going to gulp it down or something then I could see how it would pose a problem. Any way good luck!

that makes me feel better - i wasn't too concerned about the scarring but if i can avoid it, that would be great. i feel really lucky that even as large as i am, i was spared belly stretch marks... so when i lose enough i can bare my tummy! well, if my scars heal nicely, that is. does Dr. Ortiz automatically use that or do you have to ask for it?

Yes, for them it is standard procedure. I also bought some Scar Zone which I will start to apply on the ones that are completely healed. I was also told the more Water you drink, the better your skin has a chance of going back with out wrinkling. I can't wait till you see it there. It is awesome. I was in shock. Dr. ORtiz and his staff are the BEST! The nurse who does your IV, Josefa, she doesn't speak any English, but she is the best!!!!! The IV is what hurt me the most in my 5 different surgeries I've had here in the states, and she got me in one prick!!! She even drew my blood and I didn't even know it! Tell her Audree says hi! She is a sweet heart!! Wait till you check out your private suite!! Flat screen tv with relaxing music, mini water fountain, beautifuly decorated room, with roman shades, sofa and chair for you companion. I didn't even know my nice bed was the bed they wheeled my into surgery on!!! Unlimited free calls from your room too!

And the Hotel Lucerna!!! VERY NICE!!If the bed is too firm for your liking, they will come in and put 1 or 2 more pillow top thingys on for you. The chicken Soup broth, Jello and tea from room service right after surgery, the room service was the BOMB!!!!

Personal drivers to and from. Lifestyles of the rich and famous, baby!! I paid a lot for my tummy tuck/lipo and it was NOTHING like Dr. ORtiz and his staff.

Be prepared to be blown away!

Oh, did I mention they have a three bed trauma unit,just in case and have never had to use it!!!! State of the art medical equipment. Even better than what they have here. Made my plastic surgeon in the US look 3rd world in comparison!!!