Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I have been emailing with Sandy the nurse for quite awhile. She is from Oregon, like me. I value her opinion since she has been banded quite awhile and has been at her goal weight for 3 years.

I plan to order those CD's she talks about. She said they were extremely helpful in helping her with head hunger, planning ahead in social situations, etc. I know from the past, that I can be good all week and go to some sort of social event on the weekend, and blow a weeks worth of good eating. Even with the band, I am sure I will eventually give in to the "goodies and just one won't hurt" type of thinking. One turns into more.

I just have to wait to pay off some of my doctor bills. Even though I paid for the surgery upfront, there is lab work and the psch eval, etc that weren't covered. I can't stand owing money to people. I just wonder if you have to order all of them. I have to go back to the web site and see if they are listed individually, and what is on each one.

Too bad we don't all live closer. We could share them and report back to each other on our opinions of them.

I have been emailing with Sandy the nurse for quite awhile. She is from Oregon, like me. I value her opinion since she has been banded quite awhile and has been at her goal weight for 3 years.

I plan to order those CD's she talks about. She said they were extremely helpful in helping her with head hunger, planning ahead in social situations, etc. I know from the past, that I can be good all week and go to some sort of social event on the weekend, and blow a weeks worth of good eating. Even with the band, I am sure I will eventually give in to the "goodies and just one won't hurt" type of thinking. One turns into more.

I just have to wait to pay off some of my doctor bills. Even though I paid for the surgery upfront, there is lab work and the psch eval, etc that weren't covered. I can't stand owing money to people. I just wonder if you have to order all of them. I have to go back to the web site and see if they are listed individually, and what is on each one.

Too bad we don't all live closer. We could share them and report back to each other on our opinions of them.

I go to her for all the harder questions. She does know a lot. She made her own yahoogroup at smarterbandsters

Good morning everyone. I am sure glad it is Friday. I did the spin class again on Wednesday but didn't get to exercise yesterday. I met with some other bandsters at Jason's Deli in Denton, TX. It was great meeting others that are banded. I will definately get to the gym tonight, though. I can't get out of the habit.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

I did not know about this thread,, I started at aBMI of 32...Lost my weight. Stomach stretched out,, got an unFILL 2 wks ago. NOw I have gained 5 pds back in 6 wks.. So I cant wait to get my FILL if that is what the DR is going to do.. Dont know..

I am glad to read all these Threads from you guys.

Diane Sands

Hey everyone,

Hope all are having a good day.

Julestwu, I hope you had fun at that spinning class... what a workout!

Dianels, welcome to lower BMI bandsters. So what happened? Do you know why your stomach stretched out? What does the unfill do in terms of your stretched out stomach?

I weighed in today and didn't gain or lose from last week. Frankly, after a couple of the days I had, I will take it and not complain. I am eating too much to lose weight but I am not being a pig. I am eating about 2000 calories a day it seems.

I have also found that I cannot tolerate any type of bread or tortilla. The longer I am into the band, the less I tolerate it. Even one bite and I am like urggghhhh and it doesn't matter what time it is either. It isn't like I am trying to mess up or do something wrong. I just notice that I am 75% of the time eating on the go, so I think a sandwich would be really convenient, or a wrap.

I think I may buy some lettuce and make lettuce wraps instead. I just thought of that today. Does anyone have any good ideas about "on the go food" that would be appropriate for a bandster? A single bandster who barely knows how to use a microwave, much less cook?

Susan,

On the go foods. Well, for Breakfast I cooks some hot oatmeal, the little single serving packets (I use the weight control cause they have more protein) in a syrofoam cup and add hot Water. I eat this on my prep period while I'm walking around working. It doesn't work well in a car.

I also buy the different Soup at hands they are not full of Protein, actually have very little, so I might just stop drinking them, and with those I have the cottage doubles. THey have 11 grams of protein which is pretty good and are easy to grab and eat quickly. And no microwave is needed :)

String cheese works well. I also like to buy roast beef (or any kind of meat for that matter) sliced from the deli, then put some cream cheese in the center of it and roll it up. Not too messing and tastes great.

there are also some really tasty Protein Bars (I hear, I haven't actually found one yet).

It is hard to find stuff to eat when you are on the run and don't cook. This happens to us a lot on weekends or when we go skiing. Much of what is out there is not band friendly.

I did not know about this thread,, I started at aBMI of 32...Lost my weight. Stomach stretched out,, got an unFILL 2 wks ago. NOw I have gained 5 pds back in 6 wks.. So I cant wait to get my FILL if that is what the DR is going to do.. Dont know..

Diane Sands

Welcome Diane!!!

This is a great place! We challenge each other, give advice, tips, support, etc.

What happened that they needed to unfill?

Audree

Hey everyone,

Hope all are having a good day.

Julestwu, I hope you had fun at that spinning class... what a workout!

Dianels, welcome to lower BMI bandsters. So what happened? Do you know why your stomach stretched out? What does the unfill do in terms of your stretched out stomach?

I weighed in today and didn't gain or lose from last week. Frankly, after a couple of the days I had, I will take it and not complain. I am eating too much to lose weight but I am not being a pig. I am eating about 2000 calories a day it seems.

I have also found that I cannot tolerate any type of bread or tortilla. The longer I am into the band, the less I tolerate it. Even one bite and I am like urggghhhh and it doesn't matter what time it is either. It isn't like I am trying to mess up or do something wrong. I just notice that I am 75% of the time eating on the go, so I think a sandwich would be really convenient, or a wrap.

I think I may buy some lettuce and make lettuce wraps instead. I just thought of that today. Does anyone have any good ideas about "on the go food" that would be appropriate for a bandster? A single bandster who barely knows how to use a microwave, much less cook?

You can go to a drive through and get a hamgurer Protein style,which means wrapped in lettuce. You can get pintos and cheese from Wendys or the bean and cheese burrito at Taco Bell and just eat the inside. If you have a Baja Fresh, you can have the naked burrito which is the insides of the burrito in a bowl without the tortilla.

You can take a drinkable yogurt, on the go Protein Drink, cheese sticks, string cheese, some almonds in a baggy....:hungry:

I am down another 3.5 pounds!!!

And I have been eating really good!!!

I have even eaten out a few times.

There are some pants that don't fit me anymore and I didn't notice until my grandmother saw me today and said my pants looked like clown pants because they were so big!!!

Puts me at 20.5 loss!!!!:)

Deckedout and Audree those are really great tips. I am going to go shopping in a different way. I never thought about the oatmeal in a styrofoam cup but that would be perfect in the morning for me. Some stuff that is band friendly and easy is so carbohydrate laden it isn't worth it... so having the high Protein stuff like string cheese and cottage cheese really helps.

I am going on my weekly shopping this weekend and I am glad I have some new ideas. I had a tough time this week. I was tired all week and ran late all week. If I start off in the morning wrong it seems to mess me up all day.

Diane Sands

I stretched my stomach by not eating the correct foods and EATING TOO MUCH.. according to the DR.. so I got an UNFILL and must wait 2 more wks and see what happens.. I am on mushies for now./

I am excited! I weighed myself this morning and finally dropped 3 more lbs. That makes 18 total. I find myself not being able to finish the portion that I thought I could eat. I don't have a fill yet and I am eating tiny portions. With not eating carbs except for the little bit in veggies, I am never hungry either.

I am excited to get a fill. I am leaving for Arizona on 2-17 and I hope the fill is right. I would hate to be out of town and have problems when I am not near my doctor. I am sure he knows what he is doing though and will give me the right fill. He does so many of these. I get to meet two other girls that were banded by him on the same day but they had to drive 5 hours to go to him. People come from surrounding states to go to this doctor. He was surprised when I told him I lived here.

Anyway, I am very excited that I'm down a little more. I don't have a goal

weight because I know people that are my age and lost weight and look all wrinkled on their face. Right now I just want to keep losing slow and steady. Those plateaus are hard!

Hey All,

Well, I'm down two more lbs! I'm very excited. I have lost 10 lbs since my last fill on 12/16. That is 10 lbs in 7 weeks. A little over 1 lb a week. For me that is GREAT!

Congrats Audree on being down another 3.5 lbs. Your BMI is now lower than mine. You go, girl! YOur going to leave me in your dust!

I went and got my hair cut today plus ran around town getting my son new boots for his welding class. I also bought myself a new pair of shoes. I'm not really a shoe person, but I needs something besides my workout shoes to run around town in.

My DD and I are going shopping tomorrow. I'm hoping to find a couple more inexpensive pairs of work pants.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!