Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Bikergirl, You will be out there with them skating in no time.

Audree, You are doing great. Keep up the good work. The gym is calling your name tomorrow. lol You can do it!!! We know you can.

Now I have to go!!! Thanks for keepin me accountable!!!

Audree,

Glad solids are working for you. I'm glad that we are able to eat "normal" food. I am so tired of dieting and then falling off because I want to eat something that is not in a package. I'm looking forward to being banded.

Did everyone dance. We had a great time. We cleaned and danced around the house. Good thing we're not on one of the reality TV shows!!!

My kids give me great joy - sometimes I just hate that I don't have the endurance they do.

They are going skating next weekend and they have a Superbowl birthday party to go to (They are (g)10/(g)8/(b)8). I hope once I'm banded I can get out there and skate with them, without having pains in my knees and running out of breath.

Keep up the good work all. Have a great evening.

I felt like I ate all day! I got in about 1230 calories which was my goal. I had a sirloin patty for dinner with mushrooms and 1/2 cup of black Beans with cheddar cheese. I feel very satisfied. I had to sit up and take a deep breath so I knew I was done.

Hello All,

I am a lower BMI bandster. I was banded on August 3, 2006 in Toronto. I have lost 20 lbs so far, it is very slow but people at a lower weight do lose slower. I am trying to be patient, giving myself a year to lose the weight. I am close to the midpoint now. My starting weight was 187 lbs (I am 5'8") and I am now 167 lbs. My goal is to be 145 lbs. So I have another 22 to go. I am sure I will get there by summertime! What I have realized so far on this journey, is that the band very much is a tool. It is I who must make smarter food choices, which is hard to do since often times it is the "bad stuff" that goes down easily! It is I who must make the effort to exercise five times a week and to do so consistently. I think I needed the band to help me realize that I have had the determination and will to become a healthier person in me all along...and for that I am thankful. Something that I've tried this year that would like to share is moksha yoga. It is yoga in a heated room 0f 37 degrees celsius (not sure what that is in farenheit since Im from Canada!..hehe) Anyways, it is such a great workout--it's cardio and toning as well. In a one hour and half session, you can burn between 500 and 700 calories!! I absolutely love it...it increases circulation, detoxifies and makes you feel great. I've been going now for two weeks and I'm hoping it will help me on my weight loss journey...not just for losing but toning too. Well there is my little blurb as a lower BMI bandster...good luck to all:)

Sandy

187/168/145

Thanks Sandy!

I am planning on starting to workout tomorrow and need to do it consistently. I have to understand to utilize it so I can lose my weight and tone at the same time! I have heard that type of yoga only here it is called something else and I forgot what it is. But I think the room is at like 130 degrees.

Our stats sound about the same. I started at 190. I am 5'5 and my goal is 135, but I have to see how I look when I get down toward it. If I look good at 145 I will stop. I don't want to be too skinny, but I do want to be lean since I have NEVER been like that.

Thanks for sharing from your experience and I hope to see ya around!

Audree

Audree,

You finally weighed yourself! I have been waiting for you to weigh! Yipee on the solids! Looks like they are working for you and that you are actually eating good stuff. Yippee! :hungry:

Audree,

You finally weighed yourself! I have been waiting for you to weigh! Yipee on the solids! Looks like they are working for you and that you are actually eating good stuff. Yippee! :hungry:

I can't believe I lost 17 pounds!!!! I feel so good! And I am happy that I am eating solids with no problems.

Take care and keep in touch!

I didn't realized you called the other day,sorry I missed it.I actually haven't checked my messages this weekend,sorry LOL!

Wow I'm glad you're doing so good on solids! :clap2:Where do you find all your varieties? Everything that you're eating sounds :hungry: yummy!Are you making it yourself or are you buying the South Beach premade stuff?....................Funny I've been at this banding thing for 11 months and I'm now asking you,a newbie for advise on food!LOL!!!:heh: Is your family eating the same food as you?

Hey Buddy!!!

I am so glad you want to join! This way we can keep up with each other easier!!!

I am on day 2 solids and am feeling good! I had two crab cakes for lunch no prob!

How are you doing? I called you the other day. I wasn't sure if I got the right number.

Hi everyone, just checking in.

I had Lasik eye surgery this weekend, which everyone says is a breeze. I can honestly say I had more stress and nervousness with having my eyes cut than flying solo to Mexico for lapband surgery. I also had way more discomfort with the eye surgery and everyone says that it is a breeze. I have no pain now, 36 hours post op, but the first morning was a bit rough for me.

I can honestly say I would much rather do the lapband again than the eye surgery. But I can say I can see clear as a bell now, which is worth it.

I didn't realized you called the other day,sorry I missed it.I actually haven't checked my messages this weekend,sorry LOL!

Wow I'm glad you're doing so good on solids! :clap2:Where do you find all your varieties? Everything that you're eating sounds :hungry: yummy!Are you making it yourself or are you buying the South Beach premade stuff?....................Funny I've been at this banding thing for 11 months and I'm now asking you,a newbie for advise on food!LOL!!!:heh: Is your family eating the same food as you?

Hey Lisa!! I am buying regular foods that fall into the South Beach guidelines and my family can eat them too, so it makes it so much easier. I have a lot of recipes and meal plans on my South Beach thread too!

I am glad you are here! I am glad we can learn from each other!!

How are you doing? It must be awesome to be at goal!!! What is different about maintaining then the losing stage?

sandee,

I am the same height as you but I started at 210. We have the same end goal though. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Hi everyone, just checking in.

I had Lasik eye surgery this weekend, which everyone says is a breeze. I can honestly say I had more stress and nervousness with having my eyes cut than flying solo to Mexico for lapband surgery. I also had way more discomfort with the eye surgery and everyone says that it is a breeze. I have no pain now, 36 hours post op, but the first morning was a bit rough for me.

I can honestly say I would much rather do the lapband again than the eye surgery. But I can say I can see clear as a bell now, which is worth it.

I was wondering where you were!!!:confused:

I am glad you are doing great!

hi audree! do you have a plan for how often you are going to weigh yourself? i'm so anxious to see how awesome you do! it's reassuring to see you doing so great... especially as i'm getting so close to my banding date! it seems like a lot of people are really excited for you! :clap2:

Silry,

when I did Weight Watchers before, I weighed once a week and then I measured myself every 5 weeks. So that is what I am going to do now as well.

Of course I really weigh myself 5X a day but I am only counting the one on Friday morning.

Of course I really weigh myself 5X a day but I am only counting the one on Friday morning.

LOL. i do that too!!!

Randi,

I don't know anything about that particular product, but I have friends who routinely go and get colonics. There is a nurse here who has her own spa and performs them apparently with great success. It not only helps you lose weight, but increase the mood because it detoxifies. The only issue with having someone do a colon cleansing is that you have to make sure your practitioner has done a lot of them and has a good track record, because the colon can be perforated in the hands of an inexperienced practitioner. I hear the over the counter products don't work quite as well, and you can get the same effects, (diarrhea), by drinking warm prune juice mixed with milk of magnesia.

Serious,

Thanks for replying. Now that you mention it, I think I've heard of that procedure a while back. But, I can't for the life of me remember where. Anyway, I'll do a Google search and see what I turn up. For now, I think I may try the Colonix and see if my symptons subside.

My main concern is the size of the pills. With my current fill, the size of the pill REALLY matters. I've already decided that if the pills are too big then I've probably have a whole lot of chopping or grinding to do in order to get them down. :faint: