Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

i heard back from the doctor's office... she gave me a list of available days!!!! now all i have to do is PICK ONE!!! :clap2:

i heard back from the doctor's office... she gave me a list of available days!!!! now all i have to do is PICK ONE!!! :clap2:

Cool!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hello to all my Lower BMIers:

I wanted to try something - I am still in the "pre-op" of banding. I have a consultaion on tomorrow and then I just have to wait for the insurance approval (or I'll self-pay). Anyway - I thought I would make a chart and for every 10 pounds I lose I would reward myself. I think this would be a mental thing for me so that I will not get discourage and I have something to work for. So I was wanting some ideas from you guys/gals. I'm making a list of things, so far I have

Purse

Walking Shoes

get my nails & toes done

new hair style

new outfit

weekend get-a-away

I could use some help - I didn't want to do anything to expensive just something that would encourage me when I get on the scale and see that I am 1 pound away from that reward I would give myself that extra push!!

Thanks everyone.

WOOO HOOOOO!:biggrin1:

How is everyone doing today???

I am doing great Audree. Thanks for asking! I am wondering- what is

Spirulina Oats? I need some kind of Fiber in my diet.

I think I am coming down with a cold too. I have a very sore throat. I am going to take some airborne in a minute too. I took echinacea this morning and it helped a lot. But I forgot to take some to work with me and it was really hard to work and even harder to drink Water. It hurt to swallow. I took some when I got home and it's a lot better. I am a very firm believer in that stuff. It always helps me so much.

Friday I can start on my doctors approved list of solids/mushies. He says no red meat until 6 weeks out but that's okay. I am not big on red meat anyway. You keep talking about chili so I think I will make some with ground turkey.

I bet you will be really surprised when you finally weigh yourself! I've lost

15 lbs. I can't wait to get into some of my old pants. All my pants are too big right now, but I tried on the some old pants from before I gained some of my weight back after my last Atkins attempt. They were still too tight. I refuse to buy any new clothes until I have lost a bunch more.

I am really excited to have my first fill. I feel like that's when I will really be able to tell how the band is working. I don't think being on liquids really counts. Anyone would probably lose weight drinking 3 or 4 cans of slim fast a day.

I hope everyone that is waiting for their surgery date gets banded soon. I feel like a walking advertisement for lap band surgery!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I wanted to try something - I am still in the "pre-op" of banding. I have a consultaion on tomorrow and then I just have to wait for the insurance approval (or I'll self-pay). Anyway - I thought I would make a chart and for every 10 pounds I lose I would reward myself. I think this would be a mental thing for me so that I will not get discourage and I have something to work for. So I was wanting some ideas from you guys/gals. I'm making a list of things, so far I have

Purse

Walking Shoes

get my nails & toes done

new hair style

new outfit

weekend get-a-away

I could use some help - I didn't want to do anything to expensive just something that would encourage me when I get on the scale and see that I am 1 pound away from that reward I would give myself that extra push!!

Thanks everyone.

Don't forget a massage!!!

How are you? I haven't talked to you in a while!

Purse

Walking Shoes

get my nails & toes done

new hair style

new outfit

weekend get-a-away

Thanks everyone.

Here's a thread with some goal ideas in it: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/do-you-have-t20217.html

I am doing great Audree. Thanks for asking! I am wondering- what is

Spirulina Oats? I need some kind of fiber in my diet.

I think I am coming down with a cold too. I have a very sore throat. I am going to take some airborne in a minute too. I took echinacea this morning and it helped a lot. But I forgot to take some to work with me and it was really hard to work and even harder to drink Water. It hurt to swallow. I took some when I got home and it's a lot better. I am a very firm believer in that stuff. It always helps me so much.

Friday I can start on my doctors approved list of solids/mushies. He says no red meat until 6 weeks out but that's okay. I am not big on red meat anyway. You keep talking about chili so I think I will make some with ground turkey.

I bet you will be really surprised when you finally weigh yourself! I've lost

15 lbs. I can't wait to get into some of my old pants. All my pants are too big right now, but I tried on the some old pants from before I gained some of my weight back after my last Atkins attempt. They were still too tight. I refuse to buy any new clothes until I have lost a bunch more.

I am really excited to have my first fill. I feel like that's when I will really be able to tell how the band is working. I don't think being on liquids really counts. Anyone would probably lose weight drinking 3 or 4 cans of slim fast a day.

I hope everyone that is waiting for their surgery date gets banded soon. I feel like a walking advertisement for lap band surgery!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I buy this coffee that is supposed to be healthy for you and this oatmeal type thing called Spirulina Oats. It is called Gano. You can get more info on Ganoexcel.com

I can start my solids on Saturday. I think I am going to buy Morning Star soy sausage patties and some other healthy type Proteins like salmon patties, crab patties.

For some reason I don't get a mushy stage. The only thing I can figure out from that is someone told me you tend to gain when you get into the mushy stage. Maybe because it is easier to get in excess calories with mushies and they are so yummy!!! So, he has me go straight to solids.

I also refuse to buy any new clothes and will just use up the stuff that hasn't fit me for so long. My surgeon told me to get ready to burn ALL of my clothes! I can't wait to go shopping and like what I see in the mirror for the first time!

I also set my appointment for my first fill for Feb. 17. So, in three and a half more weeks! But, my restriction is still holding up to varying degrees. I am still keeping to the 1 cup a meal rule. I don't want to push it. I will use this time to lose as much as I can.

At least I am able to get about 1000 calories in now.

Hi all,

Silry- Excellent! I can't wait til you get your date!

Audree, Dr. Ortiz said the reason he doesn't do mushies is because they just don't keep you full, so you end up eating more. 3 weeks is enough for your stomach to heal so you can handle the solids. But, when you start out, I did kind of mushies for a while. eggs really count as a solid and so does cottage cheese because of how they digest I guess, anyway, try to stick to that type of food the first day. Sausage DOES NOT work for me at all, so be careful.

Have a nice evening all!

Bikergirl360,

Facials are excellent.

Movie out!

Dancing!

Bowling.

I love shopping and looking at all the clothes, but I can't get myself to buy anything. I have like 4 outfits and 2 pairs of jeans. Luckily, everyone wears jeans to work on Fridays.

I'm getting sick of wearing the same thing all the time. My 1 pair of 14's that still kind of fits is getting quite loose, so today I stinched up the belt and wore them. I'm, I think, almost to where I could buy some 10's but I think they are going to be tight. I have 2 pairs of 12's I can wear to work, but they are getting loose and a 14 that fits like the 12's do. I'm am really too scared to try on the 10's cause I don't want to discover they don't fit. Maybe after the TOM comes and goes, any day now, I'll take the plunge and try some on. I'll be crossing my fingers the whole time.

Keep in mind that I'm only 5' 2" so I'm hardly the next Tari Hatcher. Maybe an Eva Longoria?

Hi all,

Silry- Excellent! I can't wait til you get your date!

Audree, Dr. Ortiz said the reason he doesn't do mushies is because they just don't keep you full, so you end up eating more. 3 weeks is enough for your stomach to heal so you can handle the solids. But, when you start out, I did kind of mushies for a while. eggs really count as a solid and so does cottage cheese because of how they digest I guess, anyway, try to stick to that type of food the first day. Sausage DOES NOT work for me at all, so be careful.

Have a nice evening all!

Thanks! I am glad to find out why! It makes sense. I will make sure I buy cottage cheese. Will cottage cheese pack the pouch too to keep me full longer or does it go through the band?

The Morning Star sausage is really soy. Do you have problems with veggie burger type stuff?

I am picky about me meats, chicken, etc. I buy organic milk, eggs, chicken, beef, etc. So, soy is a good choice for me as well as fish.

I heard crab cakes are good too!

I can't wait to hit Trader Joe's and Henry's (health food markets) and buy me some good protein! I used to get these veggie burgers that had pieces of actual veggies in it. I think it was called Dr. Krogers or something like that.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL SATURDAY!!!! But, then in a way I am scared because I don't want to PB. I can tell my restriction has let up. I can drink my Water faster and eat my Soup faster without feeling restriction.

Will I feel restriction again when I start on solids?

Audree,

Honestly I can't answer you about the restriction, you are feeling it way longer than I did,

I don't eat soy, or veggie stuff, so I can't answer you on that. Just make sure what ever you eat isn't dry. that makes it tough.

Bikergirl360,

Facials are excellent.

Movie out!

Dancing!

Bowling.

I love shopping and looking at all the clothes, but I can't get myself to buy anything. I have like 4 outfits and 2 pairs of jeans. Luckily, everyone wears jeans to work on Fridays.

I'm getting sick of wearing the same thing all the time. My 1 pair of 14's that still kind of fits is getting quite loose, so today I stinched up the belt and wore them. I'm, I think, almost to where I could buy some 10's but I think they are going to be tight. I have 2 pairs of 12's I can wear to work, but they are getting loose and a 14 that fits like the 12's do. I'm am really too scared to try on the 10's cause I don't want to discover they don't fit. Maybe after the TOM comes and goes, any day now, I'll take the plunge and try some on. I'll be crossing my fingers the whole time.

Keep in mind that I'm only 5' 2" so I'm hardly the next Tari Hatcher. Maybe an Eva Longoria?

WOW! You are doing great! You sound like you will need a new wardrobe sometime in the near future! I heard there was a clothing swap on ObesityHelp.com I want to look into it. Or I will donate my clothes to like a women's shelter or something.

:clap2: