Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

You know what I did wrong too? I immediately drank 15 ounces of Water before the Soup and I drank a lot right before. I didn't realize that those rules of not drinking before and after had to do with me on liquids. I thought I had to do that when i was on mushy/solids.

DAMN

My stomach feels so full, I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get up and move around you will stimulate your digestion. If you lay down you will probably continue to feel awful.:P

That is what I felt like when I ate too much... I wanted to drink something to wash it down but was afraid to. I don't think walking would have helped me at that time either. I just felt like crap.

I hope you are lying down now.

The Reverse Diet!!!

At the heart of The Reverse Diet is the old adage eat like a king for Breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner,

The Reverse Diet is a weight loss plan that focuses on changing the times of day when you consumme your calories. The large number of calories that are consummed in the evening at dinner are reversed with the low number of calories that are consummed at breakfast. This simple switch or reversal will significantly effect how your body uses calories. Breakfast is normally followed by an entire day of physical activity where the calories are burned, while dinner is normally followed by a long period of inactivity.

There is no rocket sceince here, only basic, sensible low-fat nutrition used in a more efficient manner. The main drawbacks are practicality if you have a family or other constraints. Also, most people don't have much of an appetite in the morning. The third drawback, and perhaps the biggest, is the long-term viability of such a strategy. Do you plan on following such a regimen indefinately? If not, you fall into the common curse of diets and weight loss programs: once the diet ends most people slide back into their old ways of living and the weight comes back. Having said all this, you could do much worse in choosing a weight loss plan than the Reverse Diet.

So, we say, we already had our big meal in the morning, if we are meeting for lunch our reverse diet lunch is Soup and dinner is the smallest meal of all!!!

I give this one a thumbs up!!!:P

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Black Bean Soup

1 16oz can fat free refried black beans

2 packets or cubes of beef bouillon

2 cups Water (or less if you like it thicker)

½ cup V8 (use spicy if you want to kick it up a notch)

½ tsp Salt

1 tsp Garlic powder

½ tsp onion powder

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain and store in covered container in refrigerator. Individual servings can be micro waved as needed. Makes 36oz, or 6 (6oz) servings.

Nutrient Profile

Servings 6 Serving size 6oz

(Carbs 74%, Protein 26%)

Calories 79

Fat g .23

Saturated g .0035

Polyunsat. g .01

Monounsat.g .0031

Cholesterol mg 0

Sodium mg 712

Potassium g 44.9

Carbohydrate g 14.7

Dietary Fiber g 5.55

Sugars g .333

Protein g 5.22

Taco Soup:

1 onion diced

2 tbsp Olive Oil

2lbs ground beef

2 envelopes of Fajita Seasoning

1 can Rotel

1 can Cream of Celery or Cream of chicken Soup

1 can Beans (black, pinto, or refried)

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

8 oz Light Cream Cheese

1 cup water

1 cup skim milk

2-3 drops of tabasco sauce

Crushed tortilla chips any kind (1/2 cup)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Dash of Cinnamon

Saute onion in olive oil. Brown Lean Ground Beef. Add fajita seasoning and rest of ingredients till comes to a boil, then simmer. Enjoy.

Lap Banders portion on lliquid phase will need to run through the blender! I served my husbands Soup with crushed tortilla chips and a little sour cream on top.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / message -->

Audree, I am sorry you weren't feeling good this evening. Here you are, feeling like cr@p and still posting recipes for us.

I did that one time too. I was really sick of the Protein Drinks so I blended cottage cheese with cream of Tomato Soup and ate all of it. All evening long I felt like I was going to be sick. My doctor told me today I am supposed to be eating/drinking 3 oz at a time but I thought that only applied after we have had a fill. I know the cans of slim fast low carb are like 12 oz cans. But I don't feel restricted like you do. I think it's all going straight through to the bottom of my stomach. It will be interesting so see what it feels like after being filled.

I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Hey, Guys,

In my first few weeks I would only have about a 1/2 cup of any cream Soup because in 45min when I drank Water I felt overful. Water is the cure I believe to curb your appitite on the liquid phase and on the solid phase but I am sure that everyone is different. I stop eating when I get like a hickup burp. That lets me know I am full and then wait for the water. It does work. Although my brain is always telling me to graze and I just ignore it.

Good Luck.

P.S.

I think you could eat your recipe but I would have no more than 1/2 cup. Beans fill heavy on the stomach and so does v/8. I still can only drink about 1/2 cup of v-8 and fill stuffed.

Well I think my stomach is healing pretty nicely. Yesterday I had a Protein Shake for lunch and I was hungry in about 3-4 hours, which is normal for me. I hope I don't go into a food-o-rama when I go back on regular food until my fill.

If the first week is any indication of how I am going to feel full then I think I will have NO problems losing weight with the band.

Audree I hope you are doing better when you wake up.

Someone asked me about the Peanut Butter in a Protein shake. I use Protein Powder to make my shakes because I can't stand pre-mixed ones. I usually make my shake with Water or vanilla soy milk and the peanut butter mixes right in with everything. Sometimes I add cocoa mix to it, sometimes I don't.

Hope everyone is ready to have a good day today!

Hi Susan,

When I am craving something sweet, I eat a pickle. I know it is kind of weird, but it really helps the craving go away. I have been eating one almost every day lately and it tides me over until my dinner.< /span>

I know you can't eat solid food yet, but when you can, you might try it and see if it will work for you.

Hello Everyone:

I called and enrolled in the next seminar for Dr. Spivak in Houston, TX. I've heard good things about him. I'm glad that I'm not banded right now with this weather we are having. My husband makes some great chili and I would have to be trying to puree it. But, by the time the winter rolls back around I will be skilled at eating.

I want to post pictures but I'm scared to have some one take them. I have a self-timer camera but I don't know how to work it. I think I will do it one day when I'm all alone!!

I can't wait to go to the seminar.

I can finally stand up and say:

My name is Veronica, and I'm a closet eater. I eat when everyone goes to bed, in the car before & after going to work, before we go out to eat, just anytime I'm alone. I cound never be balamic - I think that is a waste of food. But, if I could control my eating then I can lose weight.

Audree:

I'm sorry you were feeling bad....I've learned from your mistake those so I'm glad you shared it with us. My mother always said that I can't make all the mistakes in life so learn from those around me.

I hope you take that in a positive way!!

DH back - will chat later!!

Hi Babygotback,

I'm new to the group and am scheduled to be banded on 02/02/07. I noticed in one of your postings you mentioned you had clam chowder creamy enough to drink through a straw. Can you share which brand that was? I love clam chowder and that would probably work to curve my hunger (that I am anticipating). Thanks...Dori

Audree, I am sorry you weren't feeling good this evening. Here you are, feeling like cr@p and still posting recipes for us.

I did that one time too. I was really sick of the Protein drinks so I blended cottage cheese with cream of Tomato Soup and ate all of it. All evening long I felt like I was going to be sick. My doctor told me today I am supposed to be eating/drinking 3 oz at a time but I thought that only applied after we have had a fill. I know the cans of slim fast low carb are like 12 oz cans. But I don't feel restricted like you do. I think it's all going straight through to the bottom of my stomach. It will be interesting so see what it feels like after being filled.

I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Yeah, I feel much better today! I am able to have 8 oz at a time. Anything else makes me feel uncomfortable.