Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I follow all the bandster rules and still dont lose weight but at least i'm not fatter than before surgery - something I've never accomplished in my life. I also eat a ton less food, have only binged once (as much as one can binge with the band but it was with sugar and butter which go down good - lol), i eat slow and chew (never did before) and exercise but i always did that - sooooo, yeah totally frustrated and pissed I can't lose a damn pound but it could be worse. I wanted to be skinny by now but have pretty much accepted i will always weigh this - now i just will be happy staying where i am. If I ever figure out my problem i'll pass it along to anyone else struggling but in the meantime i am still trying to not be a band failure - (have not lost at least 25% of their weight after two years - i have almost 10 months to go)

Mary:

You may consider going to a Natural Medicine doctor. i was going to a Chinese herbalist. They can diagnose different imbalances and they use natural herbs to help relieve the problem. You may also look into some natural supplements. Have you heard of the new thing on the market called Cylaris? The ingredients are natural and promote weight loss. I have very little appetite, but may consider using a supplement to help my body let go of the fat instead of hold on to it. Also, they supplements boost the metabolism.

It is worth trying!:nervous

Audree

Good morning lower BMI bandsters! I got my 3rd fill yesterday and I am wearing clothes that are too big that I bought in late December. I can't wait until I can wear smaller sizes that I already have in my closet. My favorite store is Ann Taylor, I have a ton of clothes in sizes 12, 10 and 8.

Marys,

I have two sugggestions for you also. First, take measurements. My first two months of being banded I did not lose weight, however I lost inches and one clothing size. Second, you should track your food intake and exercise on fitday.com, it may help you figure out which areas need work. If you don't see any difference with measurements and fitday.com ask your Dr.'s nurse if you can meet with someone in the office and go over the information you have gathered.

Howdy everyone

I am back from TJ and this is my 4th postop day. I just had my first liquid yogurt and boy was it yummy! Dr. Ortiz found a lot of inflammation in my esophagus so he did a fundiplication (surgery for severe GERD) and says I am cured! Wow am I happy! I was a bad girl the night before surgery though. I ate diner at the Lucerna restuarant and ordered the Mexican Combo. I enjoyed it. And after the surgery, the chicken broth is incredible! I have a lot of pain in my left shoulder and it fels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. I got to meet Housecatgirl and she looks fantastic!

Tomorrow I am going to make some potato leek Soup.< /p>

Hey Susantunanoodle!!!!!

Isn't Dr. Ortiz and his staff GREAT!!!! That homemade chicken broth at the Lucerna spoiled me!!! It was soooooo good!!!!!!! My gas was not as bad as some since I barfed most of it out after surgery!!!! That was the grossest thing!!!!!

Make sure you have your heating pad for gas pain. I am scheduling my 6 week fill for Feb. 16, Valentine weekend! I am going to stay for the weekend. I heard somewhere that if they know you are staying overnight, they will be a little more aggresive in the fill since you can easily come in for an unfill immediately. I want to get to the sweet spot or maintain the sweet spot I currently am experiencing!!!!

Anyone else around my surgery date want to meet up on Valentines weekend for dinner or something???

Audree

Babygotback and faybe - thanks - i haven't tried chinese herbalist but that would be interesting. I am taking one supplement now called - scorch by man - pretty good and i just heard ephedra was re legalized so i am ordering something tonight but can't think of what it is off hand. I am also waiting for tonalin (CLA) concentrated liquid i just read about on this site and am very anxious to try it. i have been on fitday for over 1 year and have terrific (HONEST) DIAIRIES - you are right - my current fill doc who is wonderful and concerned (Dr. McKeen in Utah) is testing me for thyroid issues on tuesday and reviewing my diearies AGAIN - i can easily eat 1500 calories and struggle to keep it around 1200 - I can and have gone lower but since i don't lose weight at 800 i stay around 1200 so i'm not miserable. I did a two week wrinkle cleanse and fasted for one week and lost 2lbs on the total fast - so that's why i say something is going on. I get so sick of reading about people who want to lose 5lbs and they say cut out one thing - i have cut out tons of stuff and here i am - well don't get me going . thanks for ideas.

Yeah, the Chinese Herbalist thing is worth trying. They do things a lot different then they do here. They look at your eyes, tongue, hands, blood pressure, so many different things. I had a hormonal imbalance that he addressed.

Keep us posted to let us know how you are doing!!!!

Audree

:)Audree, Your incisions look great! You are healing so well. I was banded on

12-29 and I still have scabs over every incision. Plus I am not happy where my surgeon put my port. It's exactly right at my waistline, so every pair of pants I wear rubs on it. My incisions are all over the place, and in completely different spots than yours. I don't get it. I thought my surgeon knew what he was doing.

You are so sweet and encouraging. I am so glad you are on here. I am going to visit you on your myspace page. I have a myspace page too.

By the way, your other pictures look great too. You don't even look like you need to lose weight, but I know you want to feel good about yourself.

You are already thin compared to me!:):biggrin1:

Hi everybody!

I am happy to report that I have lost another 2 lbs finally. I commend all of you that are strong enough to stay off the scale. I am going to stay off of it all weekend, because I will get weighed Mon. at my post op first appointment.

I finally have stopped thinking about food. I really don't feel like eating at all anymore. I know I have to get that Protein in, but I must be adjusting to liquids finally because I am not craving anything anymore . It feels great to not be obsessed with food all day. I look at some of those tv commercials and tell myself it's all poison. I still don't want to be around anyone else that's eating though. I am lucky I don't have to cook for anyone.

Hope everyone else had a great day!!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

You do not have to be extremely overweight to get the lap-band. If you are a volume eater, the band will work wonders for you. Simply because you will not be able to eat volumes. If you have insurance, they go by your BMI (body mass index) in determining whether or not you are "overweight enough" for them to pay. Check with your insurance company and see. Also if you have what they call comorbidities or something like that, it helps. They are like high blood pressure, diabeties, etc.

This forum is a great place to learn a lot of info. Just start asking away as well as reading, reading, reading. Good luck to you.

I hear you 100%. I am only 100 pounds overweight. I am 5'2. I currently weigh 198 and was banded 3 weeks ago. I as well had a baby in 1994 and only weighed 102. Boy, How those babies change or body forever. I now feel like I did with my band when I weighed 102. I am not hungrey all the time. I think the band is a great tool. Write me sometimes to track my weight loose. I feel that I had to do something before I got bigger and bigger.

Madden

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Audree

Good Job, I am excited that you are feeling better. The fun has just begun for all of us.

Madden

Hi Guys, I have been working alot of hours the last couple days and am just catching up here. I wanted to let you all know that I had a coffee this morning, no Breakfast and was going to eat when I got hungrey at the office and before I knew it; it was 2pm and I was then finally hungrey. I feel the band IS AWESOME. I have to take time to eat now. I forget to eat. What a feeling. I am finally going to be able to use food as fuel. I have not done that for 14 years. Happy Friday.

Madden

:)Audree, Your incisions look great! You are healing so well. I was banded on

12-29 and I still have scabs over every incision. Plus I am not happy where my surgeon put my port. It's exactly right at my waistline, so every pair of pants I wear rubs on it. My incisions are all over the place, and in completely different spots than yours. I don't get it. I thought my surgeon knew what he was doing.

You are so sweet and encouraging. I am so glad you are on here. I am going to visit you on your myspace page. I have a myspace page too.

By the way, your other pictures look great too. You don't even look like you need to lose weight, but I know you want to feel good about yourself.

You are already thin compared to me!:):biggrin1:

Thanks for all your encouragement! I am glad you are here too!!! Yeah, I am pretty surprised my incisions are all healed completely. The liquid bandage (surgical crazy glue) is actually gone on two of them and they are totally healed up, only a little red.

If you need my email to request me as a friend it is

Audree_Vasallo@hotmail.com (there is an underscore between my first and last name, but you just can't see it)

Talk to you soon!!!!Audree:biggrin1: