Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEWBIE....BUT CHUGGING ALONG

HI. I started my process on October 30, 2012. I was initially preparing for Lap Band. But after a LOT of research I chose to have the VSG done.

I did my prep for the insurance company and lost almost 20 pounds by watching food intake, and logging EVERYTHING I ate. The NUT was so excited by my little notes and comments, LOL. :P

Anyway I put the procedure off til March because my hubby and I were booked on a cruise for our anniversary in February. My surgery date was March 14, 2013. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I don't remember ever not being overweight. My goal was to get back down to a size 18....lol. But the doctor says my goal is 158. I will work toward whatever I can achieve. I am slowing adding exercise. This is hard for me because of time. I work over and hour from home so I am traveling 2.5 hours a day. Essentially, I am gone from home 11.5 hours a day and I require sleep so I don't have a lot of "extra" time. I am walking two or three days a week and I am adding weights for my upper arms.

It is a process, but a process I am committed to finish....and maintain! :)

I wanted to join this forum so I could have some support available as things arise. To date, I have not had any problems. My surgery went smoothly, post op was not a problem and I am now 7+ weeks out from surgery and the Phases have not posed any issues yet with food.< /p>

Just really wanted to say Hi and start to get to know other "sleevers". :rolleyes:

Welcome! Sounds like your doing great on your journey so far...Keep it up, we're here if you need us..

Wow you are doing great ,,Keep up the good work..we are post op about the same amount of time.. You are losing alot faster than me ,,, but thats ok ,,I am a slow loser..LOL.

Can you let me know what a typical day is like for you ,, eating and drinkin wise??? I still struggle with some stuff and would love to know ,,since we are a week apart in surgery dates. :D

I was sleeved 2 days before you. I am doing well also down 43 lbs since my preop diet which started March 1st. Just keep on going we are gonna Rock our sleeves!!

Wow you are doing great ,,Keep up the good work..we are post op about the same amount of time.. You are losing alot faster than me ,,, but thats ok ,,I am a slow loser..LOL.

Can you let me know what a typical day is like for you ,, eating and drinkin wise??? I still struggle with some stuff and would love to know ,,since we are a week apart in surgery dates. :D

I am so happy to hear from someone who is so close in dates....lol.

I usually start my day with a Protein shake/ 1% milk. I add my Calcium powder to this. Then I drink something on the way to work since I commute an hour both ways. Usually it is Water or a diet tea or something like that. I also purchase BariWise fruit drink mixes. They have like 15 grams of Protein in 8 oz servings.

I tend to get hungry about 10 or so since I ate Breakfast so early. I have a snack. lunch is whatever I am having that day. Deli lunch meat. A boiled egg. Today it is leftover Mother's Day lunch. Chicken/rice.

I drink Water all day. I use SF flavorings. If there is something I want to try and it might not be good for me. If I choose to try it 3 bites is the limit. Like the cupcakes I made for my niece's birthday this weekend. ;)

I am in the process of gathering diabetic friendly/WLS friendly/ sugar free recipes.

If (and I try not to) I cook....I try to use the low fat/reduced sugar/SF options when I can. My husband has not said anything tasted bad yet.

I utilize sugar free popscicles and no sugar added fruit pops. I make smoothies and have a juicer I don't get to use as much as I would like.

Mostly I just do my day to day stuff. I eat what I can when I need to and try to get the water in...Avoiding sugar is my biggest change and that is a constant challenge.

The only thing I really am having problems with is the slowing down when I eat. I have always worked where you had a short lunch, scarfed it down and went on or ate at your desk. It is the hardest part for me still. I keep chugging along but that one bite too many is uncomfortable.

Can you tell I like to talk?

:rolleyes:

I was sleeved 2 days before you. I am doing well also down 43 lbs since my preop diet which started March 1st. Just keep on going we are gonna Rock our sleeves!!

I am so excited about this weight loss. And that I have to change eating habits is forcing me to make adjustments I could not do on my own. This is my chance to keep off this weight. I meet with a trainer at the gym tonight. Gotta work on tightening up some abs and triceps....lol..

Thanks so much for commenting. We can do this journey together.

:)

Sounds like you are doing great!! I am down 49 lbs as of my weigh in this morning! 1/3 of the way to goal!! Lets see a typical day of eating or me is 45 cal light bread slice ( whole wheat) with some Peanut Butter at home and them on my way to work an iced coffee. (A bad habit that I can't break but have cut down on the cream) around 10am I have a snack like a cheese stick or a yogurt. lunch is generally a leftover from dinner the night before, Soup or some deli meat. I can only eat a few bites anyway. Afternoon I have another small snack or Protein Bar and them dinner. Lots of Water or sf iced tea during the day. We eat out a lot so I just share with family or bring home left overs. I feel freed a bit not a slave to food anymore. I am thrilled with my weight loss bit now I have to start an exercise regimen which I haven't gotten my act together with yet! Ugh!!!

The exercise part is a BIG change for me. I am going to try a 2x wk visit to the gym and walk on my "gazelle" the other nights. Of course I am mostly doing the gym to utilize the weight training for strength although I do like the treadmills and the elipticals...lol. I only have a 3 mo free trial membership so we will see how this goes.