Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Desert nostalgia

I know. You probably do not want to read about dessert nostalgia, but it is a little bit of a rant. A small burning candle that is slowly winking back into existence. I thought the flame blew out a long time ago on that part of me. The cravings are not really there, not magnetic. That is the odd part. it is more like the loss of the good times with having a dessert. It is like the memories are right on the other side of an opaque veil. I cannot see them, but I sense they are there. It is a little sad thinking about it and then knowing it is not the time to have them being far out on the post op journey. I am sure I am a little late in mourning deserts; others took care of this issue closer to surgery. Dessert is on the mind: cold stone ice cream, a brownie, an apple fritter, some Oreos or some old fashion donut holes. Does that mean I am losing resolve to eat healthy and live the post op lifestyle? No, probably not. I have not deviated so far and that has helped with success. Just a little down about it tonight. Why can't this part of me just go away? Who can relate to this rant?

Andy you know I can! It's weird that this is hitting you now.. I wonder why? As you know I battle my mind with wanting tasty bites quite often. Some nights it's a tough battle. Others it's just a passing thought..

I don't think I will ever lose that part me,

I wish I could though.

It's the wicked devils triangle in mill creek .. It's pulling you in!

desert = dessert?

Damn I thought you were talking about hanging out in the Mojave....... :lol:

I don't what it is and am having trouble putting my finger on it. Maybe I have buried some of these food issues when I decided to live a healthy lifestyle. They are rising from my cemetery of bones.

desert = dessert?

Damn I thought you were talking about hanging out in the Mojave....... :lol:

HA! and the mirage he's seeing is a giant fritter!

Damn fiddle now I want a fritter!

I really do miss those yummy apple fritters. Sniff. Sniff.

I don't what it is and am having trouble putting my finger on it. Maybe I have buried some of these food issues when I decided to live a healthy lifestyle. They are rising from my cemetery of bones.

I think it must be hard to be at goal! I mean think about when we've lost the weight before. There was always an end to the diet right?

Done, finished, normal, carry on,

Dude....eat a cookie and cheer up. :P We can't go through the rest of our lives feeling guilty for what we want or the feelings that we have. We have to give ourselves permission to just be.... we will never be normal, we are all mutants, but what we can be, is honest. Honest that we have feelings that may never go away. Its okay to feel that way...and if an Oreo comes by every once in a while, then we deal, one way or another.

So lets get a dune buggy and hit the desert!!! :D

I had my casein chocolate Protein Shake a few minutes ago and feeling better. :) mmm, chocolate. Just as an fyi- the casein Protein is definitely more satisfying then whey protein when you need something in the evening. Again, it is weird. This is the first time I had had these dessert battles. Literally only tonight. Now good riddance to them!!

Gee, thanks - now I'm craving an apple fritter from Frost. :-p Sweets are my weakness.

Gee' date=' thanks - now I'm craving an apple fritter from Frost. :-p Sweets are my weakness.[/quote']

Oh frost, you nemesis! lol! It is in the Bermuda Triangle of sweetness. I try and stay clear of that vortex. Just walking by it adds lbs. :)