Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a while since I have posted here but after throwing up following eating an ice cream sundae, I knew I needed to reconnect. It's only been 5 months and I am amazed at what I can eat and how much. I am a sweets addict and am back into a very old and familiar pattern. While I am not gaining weight, I haven't lost anything for a while - over 1 month. This is not due to a stall or a plateau but because I am not eating the way I am supposed to and am totally ashamed. I have a health coach, a gym membership and a supportive husband and yet, I am not in the game. Things were going so well for a while and I am not sure how or why I got off track other than I simply wanted to taste something yummy. UGH!!!

I would really like to get reconnected on here with some people or on a myfitnesspal or something. I am super goal oriented but get overwhelmed by long term goals.

To the newbies out there, stick to your guns and don't give in just because you can. Follow your doctor's plan because trying to get back is super hard. I'm about to have to go through carb/sugar withdrawal again and I wouldn't have to if I hadn't allowed myself to prioritize instant gratification over my goals.

Hi,

Yeah that five or six month mark is a killer for a lot of us. You definitely have an easier time eating and learn how to "eat around" your sleeve.

I'm glad you are back :) it's really helpful to keep on touch and be accountable sometimes.

I'm not personally on MFP (I do another app)

But there are tons of people here that do.

Well done you for admitting you have a problem. Go back to the basics of post op - high Protein, low carb and plenty Water. Give yourself small intermediate goals to aim for instead of just looking for the finishing line (which may be far away yet). Is there a local support group you can join?

P.S get rid of the ice cream or any other temptations from your home.

Good luck

Thanks Cathy and Laura. There is a support group here but only meets 1x per month. I did sign up for a personal training group though that involves having the trainer evaluate my diet logs. I do need to go back to what I know works.

It's been a while since I have posted here but after throwing up following eating an ice cream sundae' date=' I knew I needed to reconnect. It's only been 5 months and I am amazed at what I can eat and how much. I am a sweets addict and am back into a very old and familiar pattern. While I am not gaining weight, I haven't lost anything for a while - over 1 month. This is not due to a stall or a plateau but because I am not eating the way I am supposed to and am totally ashamed. I have a health coach, a gym membership and a supportive husband and yet, I am not in the game. Things were going so well for a while and I am not sure how or why I got off track other than I simply wanted to taste something yummy. UGH!!!

I would really like to get reconnected on here with some people or on a myfitnesspal or something. I am super goal oriented but get overwhelmed by long term goals.

To the newbies out there, stick to your guns and don't give in just because you can. Follow your doctor's plan because trying to get back is super hard. I'm about to have to go through carb/sugar withdrawal again and I wouldn't have to if I hadn't allowed myself to prioritize instant gratification over my goals.[/quote']

I wish! I wish I could just chug a whole bottle of fruit juice!

Or glass of water!

I can't even get 20 oz of h2o in me a day!

I wish I could eat more then a teaspoon.

Now I'm afraid to even try anything because all I do is vomit! Not to be graphic!

You seem normal w self control!

I think that's healthy!

I'm a month out exactly today, and everything in my life is worse. Relationships, friendships...

Eating and drinking.

I rather be a bigger gal then skinny and lose everything or everyone.

Or glass of water!

Now I'm afraid to even try anything because all I do is vomit! Not to be graphic!

I think that's healthy!

I'm a month out exactly today, and everything in my life is worse. Relationships, friendships...

Eating and drinking.

I remember sort of feeling that way. It gets better, much, much better. In some ways, I think that those initial 6 weeks of feeling deprived somewhat contributed towards my desire to go back to going after everything and anything I could. I noticed you said you are only getting in 20 oz of Water everyday and that is not enough. I used to chug my Water too but you can't anymore. YOu have to retrain and this is important because if you don't sip all day long you are at risk for getting kidney stones and YOU DO NOT WANT kidney stones. Water trumps everything else. The other thing you mentioned is the vomiting. If you haven't had your gall bladder out, this may be causing you stones. It's early but not impossible. You may need to get this checked out.

As for the relationships, I am sorry. Losing weight can definitely make people change a lot, including those we love the most (or thought we did). I spent over 1 year in therapy because of my fears about how this could effect my relationships - I saw this happen to others. I'm sorry you're sad. I wish I knew you in person because I would be your friend. Hopefully, I can be your friend here.

Peace,

Steph

It's been a while since I have posted here but after throwing up following eating an ice cream sundae' date=' I knew I needed to reconnect. It's only been 5 months and I am amazed at what I can eat and how much. I am a sweets addict and am back into a very old and familiar pattern. While I am not gaining weight, I haven't lost anything for a while - over 1 month. This is not due to a stall or a plateau but because I am not eating the way I am supposed to and am totally ashamed. I have a health coach, a gym membership and a supportive husband and yet, I am not in the game. Things were going so well for a while and I am not sure how or why I got off track other than I simply wanted to taste something yummy. UGH!!!

To the newbies out there, stick to your guns and don't give in just because you can. Follow your doctor's plan because trying to get back is super hard. I'm about to have to go through carb/sugar withdrawal again and I wouldn't have to if I hadn't allowed myself to prioritize instant gratification over my goals.[/quote']

I am the SAME!!!!! I've somehow veered way off track, and like you said I'm not gaining I'm just not losing. I keep telling myself "it doesn't matter if I eat this, look at what a small amount I'm having" but it's turning into EVERY meal! It's horrible!!!

I'm with you, I need to get back on track, and stay in here. My support group meets twice a month, but it's an hour and a half each way, and life is just way too just sometimes! So I struggle with that, so I need to get on here more often for some much needed encouragement and all. Thanks for posting this , I'm so thankful I'm not the only one!!

Or glass of water!

I think that's healthy!

Eating and drinking.

I wonder if any of us are really normal with self control. If we really had self control we wouldn't need surgery and we would have come a lot closer to being a normal weight.

However, I wish I could chug some juice are even better I wish I could finish a frozen margarita.

Your feelings a month out are pretty common around here. I experienced the same as did many others. Just roll with the punches! Your emotions will level out in a short while and hopefully your relationships will get back to normal.

As far as not being able to eat or drink much - yeah it does suck sometimes. Its an awfully hard adjustment. But never fear. You will adjust in good time and start to feel a little better each week:)