Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins?

Your welcome. The doctor said that Vitamins contain some form of blood thinners and they definitely don't want you to have any of that. The same thing with Ibuprofin, etc. He said I must be off of them 10 days prior to surgery. I would assume that liquid vitamins would be fine afterwards. The only reason they don't want whole pills in the beginning especially is because you don't want to run the risk of it getting stuck. You can get regular ones and cut them but I actually love the Flintstones..

Trader Joes has great tasting and good chewable vitamins! It was hard to find them I bought many others...yuck! These are great! Whole foods has some decent ones also.

I agree...chewables or liquids are the way to go immediately post-op until you've experimented with your band and have an idea of how much you can swallow at a time. But, now I take a regular old "One-A-Day Weight Smart" and can swallow it just fine. My bloodwork looks good and the size of the pill doesn't cause me any grief.

I stuck with a liquid Vitamin, just in case...seems easier.

:) becky

I take alot of supplements; Biotin, D, E, Fish Oil, in addition to my multi. Will those all have to stop for a while after surgery?

And what about my pills for blood pressure and diabetes, that can not be crushed or cut?

I take alot of supplements; Biotin, D, E, Fish Oil, in addition to my multi. Will those all have to stop for a while after surgery?

And what about my pills for blood pressure and diabetes, that can not be crushed or cut?

Yes they do have to stop in that way. You can change for example the fish oil which is not that great to use veryday...use flaxseed oil instead in your smoothies or blend it in with any cold things like a cold veggie Soup or mushie when you are at that stage. You can also make a hole in the Vit. e an put it in your smoothie. Get a pill crusher and crush your D same as the Biotin. ALL of these are great to take while banded, but you do have to etiher crush or take out the liquid from the capsule. Get a good chewable adult Vitamin at Whole Foods or Trader Joes...I have found they have the better ones.