Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Subway to the rescue

9 bucks for a salad? Dang, that's a pricey salad in my book.. It better be humongous!

BTW, I use Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing. Tastes the same and only 1/3 the calories.

I'm not the guy to ask lol. I have never watch the amount of fat I eat. I figured if my protein' date=' carbs, Fiber and daily calories where met, combined with how little I was eating, that the amount of fat would be at an acceptable level. I have been on somewhat of a Keto diet for the last couple months. I figured with so much carb restriction its ok to up the fats a little. I would estimate my fat intake to be below 30g per day which is still more than half whats recommended on a regular diet for a guy.

I can't stand the taste of fat free or low fat items. I choose top sirloin and chicken breast, both pretty lean, as my main Protein choice along with whey isolate. I eat at least 1 big bowl of salad a day and add 2 table spoons of dressing. A decent amount of my daily fat intake comes from the salad dressings I use. They are not low carb or fat free but they do have relatively low calories compared to most. A whopping 8g of fat though per tablespoon. I use anywhere from 2-4 daily depending on how much salad I eat.

I use a powdered Creamer for my coffee. It has only 1g of fat per heaping tablespoon. I also have a small collection of Torani syrups I use to change the flavor in my coffee up a little... also add it to greek yogurt. If your staying below your daily macro requirements I dont see any harm in adding a fresh full fat creamer, although I assume that's a lot of added calories for just a little fresh cream that can easily be substituted with some powdered creamer.

If you can stand the taste of the low fat products by all means... I stay away because I hate the aftertaste and can still maintain my macros while eating full fat foods.

A paleo diet sounds awesome, although I dont like the no grains or dairy most paleo diets restrict. I think the less processed the better. I eat regular meat but my chicken breast and all veggies are organic.[/quote']

Thanks, so helpful...

I am OK without dairy and grains and do seem to miss them. However, I do add some international delight to my coffee which I suppose is dairy. That is what I mean by little violations. The yogurt dressing I use has 2.5 g fat per serving and it still tastes good in my opinion (most likely the yogurt takes it a long ways in taste). My meat is usually lean chicken and this chicken sausage from costco ( sigh - another minor violation of paleo because it is "processed"). I try and eat the best I can at every opportunity in order to max the macro nutrient ratio impact on my body. No crap enters my mouth (anymore).

9 bucks for a salad? Dang' date=' that's a pricey salad in my book.. It better be humongous!

BTW, I use Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing. Tastes the same and only 1/3 the calories.[/quote']

Yes, Bolthouse is what I use too. Yummy! What is your favorite flavor? I like the honey mustard. Like I said above, the 9 dollar salad yields about 6 meals. It is a very big plateful. I can only eat between 1/3-1/2 cup at a time. Not sure how you can eat a big bowl Mike, but good for you!

Thank You on all the cooked veggie responses! :)

Hey Mike A little off topic' date=' but valid in the envelope of your response: would you encourage us to use full fat dressing on salad and full fat creamer in coffee instead of the low fat varieties? I am curious as I remember a lot of vets saying that they do this while I was still pre op and I thought it is little back wards in my approach to "dieting." Lately, as in last 3 months, I have gone paleo and as natural as possible with some supplementation and as little processed foods as possible ( do violate it on occasion). I do try and cut table sugar and instead take raw honey or natural sugars, but still SF alot in order to avoid processed sugars. Let me hear your thoughts.[/quote']

I have chosen to eat full fat, regular sugar foods. The foods that are low fat/fat free tend to have increased sugars and vice versa. I eat very little "table sugar" but do eat natural sugars in my fruits and veggies. Low/fat free versions tend to be replaced with ingredients I can't pronounce so I would rather eat the regular versions and count it into my day.