Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recently Banded and worried

Guest rks02093

I am so sorry I did not see your post earlier. Yes propel is Water and it's yummy. It has replaced my starbucks habit and it cost about the same for 6 as for 1 chi tea latte. :) This morning I forgot to eat and by lunch I was starved..(I am a school teacher so I don't get a lunch break until 11:45, Well I went to el pollo loco had thigh and mac and cheese and while the mac went down fine the chicken was horrid. I know, I know proten first yadda yadda yadda but I never had problems before... today the rules won! I wonder if it has to do with the weather...you hold more water when it's hot so maybe you feel more restricted...nope that therory doesn't work it's usually cool in the morning? Well who knows?

When I don't get enough sleep, I don't have enough energy to deal with my band. It's like there's the crazy DeLarla side of me, the serious Lisa side, the ballsy Louis side, and now the band wants to take over all of us. Why doesn't it just sit there and look pretty and do its job like I want it to do?

I went from Super-Restriction-Girl to Binge-Like-You-Used-To.

I ate horribly tonight... just really, really bad. Fried food, butter, lardass Cookies, Pringles, chocolate milk. I ought to go to McDonald's and supersize a couple meal deals while I'm at it.

I'll shut up now. I'm being a cranky baby cause I stayed up too late last night on this board. No, no, no. Tonight I'm going to bed baby-early.

Hey don't be cranky, but you know they sasy that the better sleep you get the more weight you loose. Hey maybe I should go to bed now and I will wake up thin...yeah right!:)

Well, I know Delarla is getting that important sleep right now ..but I am binging too. I need to confess my eating habits so I can feel ashamed and get back on track. I swear, You would think as hard as i have worked I wouldn't eat like I have. First of all, I pb'd in my sleep last night... I woke up choking. I haven't been getting very good sleep lately.. And EAT, I can eat girls. I am getting a little worried... I have had 2 candy bars, chips & hot sauce for lunch, chicken and fried potatoes and fried tomatoes and fried okra for dinner, Ice cream cake. Yep, I am a pig. What the heck makes me binge like this. I now weigh 213. I am so disappointed in myself. How in the world can i tell other people what to expect when I do this? I am going to call Dr. Dillawn and tell him what i am doing. Maybe I need a fill, every test has come out good, band in place, blah, blah, blah...... I don't understand why I have been choking in the night , stuff just comes up in my throat while i am sleeping, so if I get a fill, is that going to be too much? . It's scary...

plus....I am not exercising. It is almost like I want to be a failure again. I just can't seem to get back into my groove...

I couldn't go to bed because there are still posts to read.

Nobody liked my suggestion of turning into an alcoholic, so I guess I'm bad at advice.

Let's go to bed and wake up in a new, happy, healthy place. I'll eat good tomorrow if you do, k Sissy?

I understand. :D I have to fight that same demon, sometimes it wins, sometimes it doesn't.

Now, the waking up choking is another story. This you should NOT be doing. Are you seriously tight during the day? It's interesting how this works. Sometimes, it's because you have too tight of a fill. In my case, the Dr now says I had a hiatal hernia that could have been the culprit. :)

I am no medical expert, so of course you need to see your doctor, but, just to be safe, please try to eat as far away from bedtime as possible. If the band is allowing food to settle above the stomach up until you lay down to sleep, this can cause you to aspirate in the night. Aspiration pneumonia is something none of us wants and I hear it takes a while to get over it. Either way, it's dangerous to be spitting up in your sleep and darn nerve wracking. I did it for a while and I got to where I was afraid to go to sleep. :think

Also, try bolstering yourself with enough pillows to get your head above your chest. I know.. it's very frustrating.

I wound up having to eat nothing else like at least 3-4 hrs before I went to bed. Even that didn't always work. Once they un-filled me, it went away immediately. So, no, please don't get another fill on top of it.

Does your dr use flouro to give your fills? If not, maybe he would order an Upper GI to make sure everything looks okay.

Terry, have you been checked for gastric reflux? Is your headboard perfectly flat? You might try getting someone to elevate it on blocks. This should help w/any reflux. Unfortunately, just sleeping on several pillows will only bend your stomach. But the head elevation should help. How close to bedtime are you eating? You don't want this problem to damage your esophagus!

sleepwonderful sleep I wish I wasn't addicted to reading these damn post...alcohol...hmmm...nahhh I don't like it much....Shesh thank goodness or I'd be fat and brused from all of myb stumbling. LOL:rolleyes:

sleepwonderful sleep I wish I wasn't addicted to reading these damn post...alcohol...hmmm...nahhh I don't like it much....Shesh thank goodness or I'd be fat and brused from all of my stumbling. LOL:rolleyes:

Well, where do I start...WARNING THIS IS LONG

I do have a hiatal hernia, (small)

It was diagnosed before the band, it was not considered big enough to fix.

I have a lump in my neck- Had these test to try to see what it was

All came back ok. no cancer... don't know what it is...

1. Blood work - thyroid

2. ditto - red and white blood count

3. sonogram on neck

4. tons of x-rays

5. cat scan, twice, first one wasn't done right

6. went to see a regular MD just to show it to him after seeing my band surgeon,(said he didn't know what it was, and seeing another doc.

7 went back to band surgeon. Lots of pain in stomach, burning, ask for fill under fluro, he refused, doesn't care much for them. said the EDG would be better.

8. Had EDG. I'M FREAKIN CRAZY,,, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ME.

9. could have had mini vacation in Vegas and stayed drunk with Lisa, Delarla, aka wild woman for what all of this cost.... lol:D

10. Now I am pb'ing in my sleep. Guess this is my imagination too. Oh, maybe not, Joe woke me up going, "Honey ,you ok?"

11. So plain jane doc in Brownwood prescribes Mobic for inflamation in neck, and Aciphex for burning tummy. Says I am taking meds on an empty stomach , burning it.... blah, etc.

12. Stomach actually does get better, neck still swollen, but all test come back that I don't have cancer.. Yipeee:D :) Plain doc says it is rare something that is "like" arthritis, but it isn't arthritis. If it were in my shoulder would be bursitis, but in my neck it is called something else and he don't know name of it. It inflames neck area and makes a nodule at the v of the neck.

13. Drinking lots of pina coladas, and flirting with younger men. Woops, you don't need to know this one...

14. I started not eating sooner before I went to bed, it did seem to solve my problem at night. Only one night has gone by, so we will see.

15. No I don't seem to be too tight in the daytime. In fact it feels like I need a fill . I have yo-yo'd for 4 months without loss. In fact I have gained from 204 to 213 now.

16. Need another pina colada. I could cry. But at 50 years old, you have seen enough that you know it won't help and you have to just get up , trudge forward, and suck it to hell up.. cause no one can do anything for you but yourself, and maybe a lapband forum..... God I love this place... Thanks EVERYONE... I guess you are my therapists, cause my fingers are flying, and with each little click of the key, I feel better. It helps just to type it I guess. I know my little cyberspace friends will be there, and I just can't wait to see the next post.

17. Is an upper GI different than what I have posted that I have had done? I will do it if I need to.

18. I will elevate the headboard, thanks, also, I did have gastric reflux, it burned, but this is just Water or pills and water that I have taken, and it just comes up.... just like when I over eat. So I honestly feel like it is the bed. I'll tell you why. We had a truly worn out mattress... I gave it away and got a new one. This board is hard to sleep on and it feels like my head in going downward cause my butt isn't in a hole anymore. So maybe you have solved my problem. I did try the extra pillow thing and it just bent my neck...didn't sleep well. So tonight I will prop the headboard up slightly and see what happens.

as far as the binging, well I guess I will just have to exorcise the demons in my head on that one. Thanks for letting me complain.

You girls are GREAT......

:D

Let me add one more thing, for all the hell I seem to have had, I Still LOVE my band, and they will have to rip it from my dead body. I am still better off than I was and I don't want to seem un-appreciative. Now, that's better. Kinda like putting clean sheets on the bed. AHHHHHHHHH.

Delarla, aka sissy,

Ok, but my stomach is growling right now. I have already had half a Protein drink(forgot the glass at home when I left) and a half bowl of stew. It's only 8:35... believe it or not, my tummy is STILL hungry....so I am going to go get me some Water and start drinking..... Let me know how you do..... I will check on and off during the day (shhhhhh while I am at work).....:):D :D :D :laugh :laugh

Shhh, I'm at work too. I got a good night sleep so I'm not all funky and gloomy today. Not getting good sleep is just as sick (for me) than over eating. I have no reason to stay up past bed time, but I do it as yet another form of self-destruction. When I sleep good, I eat good. When I eat good, I sleep good.

So I had my little Protein shake and already drank a good amount of Water. Today I'm wearing the tightest size 22 jeans you could imagine, but I'm sitting and breathing a little... I've NEVER worn these cute jean capris before because I bought them too small... I wore them once because I was meeting my husband's ex-wife and wanted to be all sucked in, but I was so miserable that they were cutting off circulation, so I only wore them for an hour. Today they're pretty tight and my belly is hanging over, but I'm wearing a loose blouse so nobody needs to know.

So my tight pants don't give me the option of eating today. I have some baby carrots and cottage cheese.

Hope you all have a great day!

Oh, as far as elevating the bed, you should call a bed or furniture store... or was it a medical supply store? Anyway, I saw special rubber kinda blocks made specially to elevate the head of your bed. Or you can just get some wood blocks from Home Depot. Just pop them under the head of your bed so you're head is higher than your stomach.

When i start looking for munchies around 8 pm i have started making Decaf coffee.It's warm so it feels in my head and belly more than a snack as opposed to plain cold Water and more interesting too!

So far so good.

I have been totally off the wagon for the past 3 weeks.Eating anything my head desires and as much as i want.I need a fill but the earliest appt is Sept!!!

I have to get back on track.

Come on September.

C