Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shapewear question

I've seen several posts about wearing Shapewear around your midsection to help shape your waist and possibly help with sagging skin.

What type of shapewear are you wearing and how do you keep it from ruling up under your clothes *sigh*?

I have a couple of shaper pieces. one is a Spanx brand, it goes from mid calves all the way up to under my bra. This one is more like panty hose with a cuff from right below the knee to the mid calf, then gets firmer until the midsection really sucks it in. I just be sure to put my bra on over the shaper, that way it doesn't roll on me. This seems to work well. The other one I have goes from lower thigh all the way over the mid section, then has bra type straps to go over my arms, this stays up with the bra type straps, and allows me to wear my own bra, then the legs have a kind of invisible silicone like banding on the are that touches the skin, it helps to keep it in place. There is also body tape you can buy that will help if you have problems with rolling. The main thing about a shaper I think is to find one you are comfortable in, especially if you will be wearing it all day. My 2 pieces weren't more than $70 dollars each, and do not have boning.

I've seen several posts about wearing Shapewear around your midsection to help shape your waist and possibly help with sagging skin.

What type of shapewear are you wearing and how do you keep it from ruling up under your clothes *sigh*?

The one I like the best is the Flexees by Maideform Wear Your Own Bra Romper. I have a huge flabby apron & this holds that up & in while not rolling down because of the shoulder straps. It fastens at the crotch like a onesie (I can't do pee holes!!). I have tried the shorts, the panties, the Spanx & the high waisted pantyhose & they all rolled down or did not hold everything in.

I bought mine from Kohls, you can usually get 20% off & catch them on sale. A couple weeks ago they were $37 instead of $57 & worth every penny!! I wear mine 24/7, I have 4, 2 in the black $ 2 in flesh colored. I wore a 2x from 260 down to 210, they were out of XL so I tried on a large & it fit! (I'm 5'7). Now at 193, i can wear either my larges or my mediums.

Hope this helps,

Kristie

post-31248-13813665183398_thumb.jpg

That Flexees would leave a huge bulge where my thighs pop out of the leg holes, I have to have one that goes all the way to the knees, up to under the breasts, and best would be if it had a solid back to smooth out the back bulges. My skin is so soft though that even the ones that end at the knee show a noticeable bulge of the flesh at the knee popping out past the end of the garment.

That Flexees would leave a huge bulge where my thighs pop out of the leg holes' date=' I have to have one that goes all the way to the knees, up to under the breasts, and best would be if it had a solid back to smooth out the back bulges. My skin is so soft though that even the ones that end at the knee show a noticeable bulge of the flesh at the knee popping out past the end of the garment.[/quote']

That's awful! Lucky for me, mine don't do that with this one. The ones with the longer legs did tho.

I have never heard of shapewear shaping your waist or doing anything for sagging skin. Now it will help with the appearance of sagging skin and making you look smoother and smaller by holding in all of the sagging skin. I have lots of skin and wear shapewear all the time. My favorite is Assets, you can look online and see the different ones they sell.

As far as keeping it from falling down, this is really just trial and error. What works for one person won't work for the next. I have a bunch of skin on my stomach but I have a small waist. I was bigger on the bottom half, still am, so I wear one that goes from my mid waist down to right below my knees. This is a problem in the summer bc I can't wear that one with shorts. If I'm wearing shorts or a shorter skirt I wear one that goes from mid waist to mid thigh.