Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss! :(

I had my surgery April 8- so a little over 3 weeks ago. I had weight loss the first two weeks of 21lbs... After that no weight loss!! It's been a little over a week and no additional weight loss!!! Any advice and/or help? I have no clue what I am doing wrong!!

You could be in the middle of whats called the 3 week stall. Most people find that in the third week out, the stop losing temporarily. Its your'e body's way of catching up to the 21 pound weight loss!! Don't worry. Most people find they lose inches during the time they don't see the number on the scale move. Have no fear. Just give it a bit of time. Usually the scale will start going down in a few days to a week.

Basically the same happened to me. It won't make you feel much better just now - but hang tough. You will lose more just as soon as your body will let you. Its so hard to be patient, especially after you go so far as to have an operation to lose weight and then your body has the nerve to give you slow weight loss.

No worries. just enjoy what you lost already and know that more will come:)

Thank you guys so much for the info! It's good to know I am not the only one that has gone thru this!! I appreciate you guys! I won't worry so much about it then!! :D

I had surgery on April 2nd and hit the stall at 2 weeks..It last for a week and a half and this weekend I finally lost 4 more lbs..So hang in there and keep doing what your doing and it will happen..Also, did you take your measurements? Because even when I went through the stall I was still losing inches..

I have the same problem. I lost 10 lbs pre-op and was sleeved on 03/05/13. I lost 19 lbs post surgery and stalled after 2.5 weeks. At almost 6 weeks I lost another pound and after another week I have lost 1 more fore a total of 21 post op (plus 10 pre-op. my doctor says that it's normal and that my metabolism is recalculating and my body is catching up with the changes. This is all just part of the process. The truth is that some people lose faster than others and it really depends on how much your body needs to lose. Be patient. The scale will move again!

Thank you guys for all your replies!! I have not measured myself so I have no idea if I'm losing any inches :( I was just worried about not losing any weight!!! Lol now I know I shouldn't worry since it seems pretty common among others that have had the sleeve.

I did want to ask I was given a list of Vitamins and such to purchase and it looks like a total of 6 a day. How important is this really? My doctor said I would need to take these the rest of my life but is it really necessary?

Rosita, YES, it is very important to take the Vitamins, especially the Calcium and multi..Because of the limited amount of food we can eat, your body won't get enough nutrients..I know someone who didn't take their's and had their surgery years ago and now has severe bone loss from not taking the vitamins, so please take them..

I had my surgery April 8- so a little over 3 weeks ago. I had weight loss the first two weeks of 21lbs... After that no weight loss!! It's been a little over a week and no additional weight loss!!! Any advice and/or help? I have no clue what I am doing wrong!!

A lot of times when you're not losing pounds you're losing inches. Have you measured yourself? If not I would highly recommend. You will be very surprised at the inches you will lose. At my 9 month mark I had lost 68 inches! I did not lose 21 lbs. In two weeks though. That's awesome that you have! Sounds like you're doing great.