Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 1 week post op. I don't know how to tell when I'm full and I'm scared I'm over eating. Calorie wise I'm usually around 5-700. I'm aiming for 50 gram of Protein a day. My nut said to get 40 the first few weeks on liquids.

I've stopped drinking 15 minutes before and 30 after. The things I eat for means or Snacks are 1 packet of cream of wheat, 1/2 cup of pudding, although today I at 1 cup of pudding. I just made cream if chicken Soup for dinner. It was one can of Campbell's. I ate about half of it. In none of these instances I felt full. I feel terrible gas pain between and under my breasts, but it passes.

I think I feel hungry and that is why I start to eat. That desire an hunger goes away. I realize that's good but I still don't feel my stomach saying I should stop not have I over ate?

I'm just confused because I was told I would get full very quickly.

I'm 1 week post op. I don't know how to tell when I'm full and I'm scared I'm over eating. Calorie wise I'm usually around 5-700. I'm aiming for 50 gram of Protein a day. My nut said to get 40 the first few weeks on liquids.

I've stopped drinking 15 minutes before and 30 after. The things I eat for means or Snacks are 1 packet of cream of wheat' date=' 1/2 cup of pudding, although today I at 1 cup of pudding. I just made cream if chicken Soup for dinner. It was one can of Campbell's. I ate about half of it. In none of these instances I felt full. I feel terrible gas pain between and under my breasts, but it passes.

I think I feel hungry and that is why I start to eat. That desire an hunger goes away. I realize that's good but I still don't feel my stomach saying I should stop not have I over ate?

I'm just confused because I was told I would get full very quickly.[/quote']

I measure all my meals to 4 oz, and don't eat anymore, I did eat more once and got REAL sick,, so as long as your not hungry don't push it, and you don't wanna stretch your stomach its very early in healing, my advice is measure and don't eat anymore. Good luck

You didn't mention how quickly you are eating? One of the worst things we can do as sleevers to cheat ourselves is to eat quickly, thereby fooling the stomach into accepting more than it should. One week out from surgery it took me an hour - a whole hour - to eat a cup of beef consomme, I would work on an RTD (ready to drink) Protein Shake, a single Muscle Milk, all afternoon, and never quite finish it.

I am 1 week out today and its quite funny.

i used to be the first one finished my meals now i am the last.

It takes me 45 minutes to drink a cup of tea, around 30minutes to eat around 125ml of Soup, around 30 minutes to drink 100ml of Protein shake too. A whole day drinking 750ml of liquid.

I don't drink for 30 minutes before or after meals.

There is certainly a fine line between pain and feeling full, but I am getting used to listening to my body.

You didn't mention how quickly you are eating? One of the worst things we can do as sleevers to cheat ourselves is to eat quickly' date=' thereby fooling the stomach into accepting more than it should. One week out from surgery it took me an hour - a whole hour - to eat a cup of beef consomme, I would work on an RTD (ready to drink) Protein shake, a single Muscle Milk, all afternoon, and never quite finish it.[/quote']

I've been sipping my Protein shakes. It takes me about 3-4 hours to drink an Isopure. I drink about an ounce every 10 minutes.

As for the pudding and the Soup, maybe 30-40 minutes. I eat it very very slow. But I never feel full.

I am two months out. Don't worry about eating too much if you are measuring your amounts. Just follow those guidelines and you will not be overeating. Your stomach has had a big change, and as the days tick by and you begin to add foods, you will know when you are full and if you are eating too fast.... because you will begin to experience symptoms. I have thrown up many times over the past two months as I try to learn the signals, and test the limits. Just keep doing as you are. Be glad you are feeling well after eating recommended amounts. You are doing a great job.