Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im stronger later in the day- wha!?

The other day I ate a small piece of chocolate cake, got mad at myself and worked out with one of my walk at home DVDs. I was able to do 2 miles and could have kept going whereas I normally am only able to do one. What the heck? I've always been stronger in the am. Perhaps I need to switch to later in the day? I so love waking before the kids wake, and getting it done amd not having to worry about it later. And plus, if I wait I'm more likely to not do it later too. Excuses am what not.

So. Is there a way to get more strength in the morning? Maybe a Protein drink or something to sip while exercising? I can't/won't get up earlier than 5:45 to eat something and wait 30 minutes.. What would u do?

I'm getting 7 hours and 30 minutes of sleep. :) sometimes a nap too.

I can certainly try that. :) now, have to get some.

Carbs, they do amazing things for energy levels. Especially shitty carbs. Amazingly enough, before the powerlifting meet where I broke 2 state records, I had finished up 4 snickers bars and chocolate milk. The worse the carbs the quicker they're digested and the higher the insulin spike, it's high octane fuel. Not advisable on an ordinary diet.

Soooo. Protein drink with more carbs, perhaps? Lol

Or maybe I wake, have a decent carb/protein Breakfast, get the kids to school, strap one to my back and give the other the 3ds and go!? Lol

Is it not advisable to do this in the morning!? Or. I could do half a Protein bar- pure maybe, since it has a bit of carbs. Ideally has a Protein Bar too that is natural and carby.

I don't think I want snickers. Although I see the correlation between the chocolate cake and the endurance tho.

What do runners eat before a run?

Caffeine....... ;)

Will not make you stronger, but can help with focus, which can help indirectly with strength. I usually don't need it since I workout at lunch and I'm awake by then. But the rare times I've tried morning workouts, sometimes caffeine helps to kick me into an exercise frame of mind.

Caffeine....... ;)

Will not make you stronger' date=' but can help with focus, which can help indirectly with strength. I usually don't need it since I workout at lunch and I'm awake by then. But the rare times I've tried morning workouts, sometimes caffeine helps to kick me into an exercise frame of mind.[/quote']

Aw man. As tempting as that sounds, I've been trying not to go back to caffeine!! I think I'm sensitive to it, as it makes me feel like dung. I'm also anxiety prone and caffeine doesn't help with that at all. Darn it. But I still may try that chike Protein iced coffee stuff. Had my eye on that for a while. Lol

Aw man. As tempting as that sounds, I've been trying not to go back to caffeine!! I think I'm sensitive to it, as it makes me feel like dung. I'm also anxiety prone and caffeine doesn't help with that at all. Darn it. But I still may try that chike Protein iced coffee stuff. Had my eye on that for a while. Lol

Nothing crazy or too strong....maybe some green tea or something like that. Or an invigorating chilly shower in the morning to bring you to full alertness......? Other than and the other suggestions that members posted.....I have no idea. Good luck!

banana and a glass of milk. Quick carb fast absorbing and healthy +protein in the milk:) I use Mootopia which a lactose free milk with extra Protein there are other brands as well.