Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxiety waiting Going NUTS

Ok so here i sit waiting to "Start" this process. Im going to start my pre op testing the week after Christmas. IM waiting on money to come in from a job my husband is doing( we own our own business) i plan on having surgery the first or second week in Jan. DH tells me last night that the job might not be done until Jan. It was suppose to be done in December. So i get pissy , he tells me , " Could you wait until Feb ? " I got pissed and said " IM NOT WAITING until Feb you better figure something else out if i have to wait " Then i felt bad telling him that because he works SO HARD, not many husbands would bid a job working for an ass just to ger his wife surgery , which is what my dh did. But im so tired of waiting, I dont even want to start my pre op tests until I have my money in hand, Im afraid if i do then i'll be jinxing it or i'll be SO ANXIOUS I wont be able to stand it.

I have had to watch my shopping habits. I think im trying to make myself feel better by shopping and i need to watch it . DH even said something and he usually doenst care how much money i spent as long as our bills get paid which they are . But im just obssesing about things right now.

UGHHH. HOW DO you wait ?

Thanks for listening

Mindy:think

Hi Mindy, sorry to hear about your waiting game. I remember how excited I was having my surgery. I know time will fly for you but try and have patience. Hopefully the job your husband is on will pay in time for you to move forward rapidly. I love my lapband. I'm a slow loser as I have lost 30 lbs in 6 months but I feel better. Good luck to you.

Well nerves are normal and to be expected. It does sound like your DH is doing his best. It seems like you need a back up plan in place. Like applying for a new credit card through your bank or something, so that IF the job does not come in on time, you would have a way of financing the surgery for the extra 30 days....then when the job comes in, pay it off, and close the account. I know there are places like citi corp or e-finance that have medical loans....and although the rates are high, you would not be paying it out over long term---but it would give you, and DH a few days breathing room, if something comes up (weather may be a factor for instance) and the job runs over.

Other than that....just come back here every little bit, and we will tell you it will all be ok!!!!

I think we all had to find something to obssess over!!!

Let us know how you are doing and how it is going!!!

Kat

There is no back up plan for us . We filed chapter 7 bankcrupcy in Feb of this yr , so I can not get financing or a credit card or card with large enough limits to cover it. The job IS going to pay , its almost done, with weather and delays from other contractors its just taking longer than expected. It was suppose to be finished this week , but now its behind schedule. The job will be done soon then we probably have to wait a few weeks to get paid. Im just a very impatient person lol.

As far as the pre op stuff there really isnt a big hurry on any of it , I just do not want to do the pre op testing , have it done and be waiting for surgery .

Again impatient. lol

I think its just a matter of things being SO CLOSE now that i feel like its going to take forever .

Thanks for listening .

Mindy

Mindy

thanks for sharing with us..all the best things come late i reckon...the bride comes late, the phonecall comes late, the mail comes late, it always seems like that cause we're all sitting around twiddling our phumbs waiting... when your lapband does come even if a bit late it will be soooo worth it...

keeps us posted.

:)

Thank you Flabuless. Love your name by the way ! LOL

Im trying to wait , im just not very good at it. Thank goodness its christmas time , I can justify shopping a bit lol. I LOVE Making other ppl feel good so christmas is the perfect time for that . Luckily we are not short on money this yr for the first time EVER. I just have to control it. I do however see a problem arrising with skinny clothes when i get there. I Could have a SERIOUS shopping issue lol

Thanks again

Mindy

I don't consider mine to be skinny clothes yet, but I love that I can go into any store and buy something off the shelf, and find myself doing all too much of it!!! Like you said, it is good I can curb these impluses shopping for others right now....what will we do after Christmas???? Oh yeah---you will be otherwise occupied!!! Woo Hoo!

Kat

What I have been doing is putting away like $25 a week in a seperate savings account for my "Skinny" clothes fund. That way by time i am in need of skinny clothes I'll have a good chunck saved up and i'll be able to just have some fun buying them LOL. I did do something that I thought was silly when i heard others do it ... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Old Navy's Yoga pants. They are the best thing since sliced bread . The day after thanksgiving they were on sale for $10 . they are hardly ever on sale .

I usually were an XL , they had one pair of XL , a L and the rest were M and S

SO what do i do ? Buy the XL , L , M and S LMAO

They are NEVER on sale and I thought " this will be motivation to get into something plus i can work out in them " I looked at the small and though " BOY this is a long way away " LMAO . But oh well . everytime I go to the mall I think " I cant wait until i can wear those "

Thanks for listening so glad others understand.

MIndy

Good on you mindy

I am still wearing my size 24 clothes though I am a size 18 now...i wish I had put money away like you have... I keep on telling myself...when I get down to 10/12 then I will start buying clothes... Cant wait...need something now...dang! the only thing fustrating about loosing weight...

:)

Have you looked into the Clothing exchange on Obesity Help ? I got some really nice clothes from there. I needed some warm tops , knowing winter was coming up i didnt want to buy something w/surgery so close. I explained it to the lady i got some items from . They are very nice .

I think i got 10 tops for about $10 with shipping ? Might want to check it out. Also if you have an Avenue store they usually have clothes on sale for CHEAP. PLUS you can use coupons on top of coupons , then when you outgrow them sell them for more clothes. Just a thought. I may have a shopping issue but im a tight a$$ too . LOL Do you have Craigslist ? Look on there for clothing . Email me i might be able to help you out. Or at least give ya some ideas

email is coltonwade@yahoo.com or PM me.

Mindy

I so relate to how you are feeling!

I am very impatient when I want something. My surgery is January 5th and it can't get here soon enough.

I can hear my mom now, "A watched pot never boils, Susie. Go find something else to do until its ready."

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

thanks Susan, I think I would actually be better if i had a date. Its the not being 100% certain thing that is killing me right now. Congrats on your surgery. I hope it goes well.

if everything goes as planned I want mine to be the week after yours.

So that i can be recovered for the most part for my son's 6th bday .

Thanks again

Mindy