Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG LETS GET ON WITH IT

I dont understand why im so hungry. Im 12 days postop and feel like I cant get full. Im taking in 70g of Protein and about 60oz. of fluids. I cooked some burgers on the grill for my wife and kids and almost said to hell with it and took a bite. I didn't so dont worry. I just dont know what else to do to satisfy me. I was fine until a day or so ago and cant shake this hunger. Any ideas? I have my 2 week postop on the first. Hope it gets me some puree and I can get some satisfaction. I have to keep looking for puree ideas. I feel like instead of getting easier its getting harder. Ugh

What you're feeling is totally normal. I know it sucks, but hang in there. Dealing with the hunger the first month out while on all of the different food stages is really hard!! You won't start to feel satisfied until you're eating dense Protein.< /p>

Meanwhile, how often are you getting your Protein? I'd try to get some every three hours. Are you using broths? If so, maybe use some unflavored Protein Powder in the broth to change things up if you've been doing all sweet shakes - I don't have a real sweet tooth, but I love savory foods, so I find myself needing to do the broth with protein drill quite a bit to make me feel like I'm having a real meal.

I think a lot of what you are experiencing is head hunger... we all get that in the beginning.. then poof its gone.. takes a couple of weeks or so to go away... but after that..I was never hungry ever again.. EVER.. its the oddest thing ever.. and my taste buds have changed... but thats ok.. Im happy the way things are.. Ive lost 86lbs in 4 months.. and its so great to shop at stores ive never gone to before.. I actually bought clothes at old Navy.. I fit in those clothes now its fabulous.. I find myself buying brighter colors..not the dark and black ones.. so best of luck on your journey.. the more dense and solid foods will fill you up.. just remember to listen to your stomach.. it will tell you weather you are full or too full.. have a great journey.. :)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support I find hear.

In the liquid phase u do feel hungry. The liquid stuff just goes right through ur stomach to ur intestines. During the soft phase it will get better. Now the head hunger is something that will take a lot of work to get through. I still have head hunger at 19 months post op and work to contain it. Especially during times when I'm highly stressed. :)

Enduring yet another bbq. I miss hot dogs and burgers. Wonder how they taste pureed?

Enduring yet another bbq. I miss hot dogs and burgers. Wonder how they taste pureed?

I don't know about hot dogs... But I'm not to proud to say when I came to the purée stage,

I puréed chicken with gravy and meatloaf with gravy.. What?? I was hungry and I liked it :P

I found that "better than bullion" plus some Protein powder helped curb that feeling when I was in the first 2 wks. I could also control the taste of the broth and make it stronger/weaker depending on how I was feeling. Plus warm things felt better than cold and were more satisfying.