Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cosmetic surgery and your lady bits

Yes, it is called a FUPA (fat upper pubic area) by plastic surgeons. When you have a Tummy Tuck or panniculectomy they can pull it up and remove the excess skin (and Lipo if need be.) I just had my 1st plastics consult yesterday and I plan to have it done. Mine is not fat though, just loose skin. Even if you are still a bit pudgy there it is disguiseable. You need to get some shape wear. I have lost 161# and have a ton of loose skin, but you can't see a wrinkle on me anywhere when I'm dressed because I wear good shape wear. People don't even believe I have any. They always say, "I can't tell you we're ever big. You're not all saggy and flabby like most people."

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I thing that area you are referring to is the mons pubis. I think a plastic surgeon could tell you the answer as to what can be done for you' date=' but I bet there is something. I saw a show on discovery health a while back, and this girl in England had lost a bunch of weight, had plastics, but they botched it. She was left with what she called her "willie" and it was quite pronounced. After a revision, she looked great and no longer had her "willie".

On another note, congrats on your weight loss and new found health! That must feel so great to see your new shape emerging![/quote']

Omigod!!!!! That is awful! I hope she sued!

I am a big believer in Shapewear, the heavy artillery. But even with that, and well fitting straight legged pants, the upper thigh and lower gut still sandwich together and the upper pubic area is so rounded and pronounced it draws the eye like a magnet. If you drew a perfect circle on a piece of paper, and drew a pair of lines from the middle bottom, like a lollipop, and then drew wider lines off the top of the lollipop, you would have a side view of my body. My pubic/belly is more pronounced than my rear, I'm absolutely seriously not exaggerating v_v

Although I pretty small now (8 s or m) I have to say my lower abdomen is more pronounced than my backside. It is flat as a pancake. Hoping to get rid of the last of the belly and FUPA with plastics in the next few weeks though.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

It's called a FUPA !!! Lol

I was reading through this and going to post the same thing. Hehe! I knew I wasn't the only person who used this term.

A Tummy Tuck pulls it all up....looks brand new :)

I've never worn shape wear/spans,I wouldn't even know how to buy it. There are sooo many of them on the market, who knows what's best? One area that bothers me (well maybe more lol) my upper inner thigh...there is like a ripple/fold/crease/flap, I don't know what it would be called, but I have to wear a skirted bathing suit because of it and I can even see it through pants...if I wore skin tight jeans (like I used to when I had lapband), you couldn't see it but I notice it in everything else :(

Yeah I basically just look terrible, no clothing can camouflage my deflated balloon body. Trousers, no matter how thick or stiff show my empty pudding bag thighs and fatty mons and fat sacs on the lower outer hip. My upper arms are doughy and floppy no matter how loose and graceful the sleeve, the bra rolls ooze out prominently no matter how well fitted the bra. I just look like $h!t, I look like some middle aged sterotype of a soccer mom, like I haven't worked hard at all. It's depressing.