Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 7th was my big day, trying to only sip...and count Protein g's. Pain is minimal, gas is still a bit of an issue, but I think that has to do with lack of sipping skills...

Omg! It's really going to happen. Just got my time for surgery on Monday 6/17. Beyond excited!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Monday, Monday, Monday!!! It feels good to be on the path, I wish you nothing but joy!

Sick of the pre-op diet. Surgery is on the 19th. I have multiple friends who have had this surgery and they all say the pre-op is the hardest. How are you guys feeling who just had the procedure?

I agree the pre op is the hardest. I have to schedule when to have my shakes now because if I don't I will forget. I don't have my stomach to tell me when I'm hungry. Hang in there. It's almost over....

Thanks! I've lost 8 lbs in one week! I thinks that's awesome. Any recommendations on shakes you enjoy? I'm so sick of them!! I am drinking the EAS advantage ones. They are smooth and good. I'm the type of person that likes meat and not a sweet taste person. So it's hard for me. I think I'll enjoy the broths and Soups. At least I hope so!!

I haven't experimented with different shakes. I've been drinking the ones my Dr recommended. They are called New Directions. There are so many flavors. Shakes, Soups & puddings. I think you can find them online. I get mine at the hospital pharmacy.

Counting the hours until I check in at the hospital!! Checkin at 1030, surgery at 1230!! Can't believe it's today, so far I'm not freaking out to much! LoL

Counting the hours until I check in at the hospital!! Checkin at 1030' date=' surgery at 1230!! Can't believe it's today, so far I'm not freaking out to much! LoL[/quote']

Good luck! Mine is tomorrow morning

Had my surgery on the 12th... Home now... Really sore stomach but getting up n walking as much as possible n drinking as many sips of Water as I can! Gained 16 lbs in hospital, and cried, but they said will easily come off when fluids are released and such so I hope they are right :(

My surgery was on June 10th. The worse part for me was waking up. I was extremely nauseous, luckily they got it under control before I started vomiting. My doctor said that my stomach was attached to my spleen by adhesions. She ended up have to peal my spleen away from my stomach. As a result that area was extremely sore; it hurt to breath. She said that this happens in about 1/3 of the surgeries she performs. I must say Dr. Steele at John Hopkins is fantastic just in case anyone is interested in finding a surgeon in the Baltimore, Md area.

Monday' date=' Monday, Monday!!! It feels good to be on the path, I wish you nothing but joy![/quote']

Thank you :-)

Thanks! I've lost 8 lbs in one week! I thinks that's awesome. Any recommendations on shakes you enjoy? I'm so sick of them!! I am drinking the EAS advantage ones. They are smooth and good. I'm the type of person that likes meat and not a sweet taste person. So it's hard for me. I think I'll enjoy the broths and Soups. At least I hope so!!

Bc with the EAS unless your drinking carb control they are high in carbs... Also they do not have the high amount if Protein we will need post surgery... I love the syntax nectar brands..

Bj baratrics cost 19.47. That includes shipping. U choose flavors u want. BJ BARIATRICS SUPPLY- nectar sample packs. Try flavored... Remember that post surgery sweets will be not appetizing... Also this is from a friend from who was sleeved in march::

One thing I wish someone had told me beforehand (not that it would have changed my mind, but I wish I had been prepared), is that I would no longer enjoy eating. Nothing tastes good to me, and I get disgusted with most things after a couple bites. My tastes have completely changed. I no longer like anything sweet, and tend to like things a lot spicier than I did before. I have mixed feelings on all of this. Sometimes I get a little down thinking that I may go through the rest of my life without ever enjoying food again. On the other hand, I am grateful, because I enjoyed food a little TOO much before. Ok, MUCH too much. I don't want to bring you down, I just wanted to make you aware because no one made me aware of this before surgery. Overall, I am VERY happy with everything, and would do it all over again.