Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

It's here. I was coming from my kids school and I saw the mailman at the end of our cul-d-sac. I didn't even pull my car all the way in the garage. I messed around in the garage until he got to my box...I stalked him as he put my mail in and drove to the stop sign...then I pounced on that mailbox like it was my last meal. There it was UHC and my name..ignoring all other mail I opened it - You are approved. Thank you - THANK YOU MAILMAN!!! Then I called the Dr. office (wanting to fax this to them - don't want to waste anymore time), however; I got the answering service. Oh well - I will make a copy and carry it around in my car - I'm almost banded!!!!

Congratulations, Veronica! You are on your way to a wonderful and exciting journey! I'm 5 weeks out since banding and feel wonderful. My weight loss seems to have stalled this week (down 25 pounds), but I'm getting my first fill next Tuesday. I can't wait! Keep us posted about your surgery date, etc.

Thanks Carol - I can't wait - I now have to get my treadmill the shop. There's no turning back now. I want to be 100% ready after sugery. NO MORE EXCUSES! I have a tool that should work better than anything on the infomercials!!!

Congrats! (Dr. Spiegel's office usually closed on Friday's). I know you are anxious now to get scheduled and begin. Good luck and hope to meet you face to face soon.

Yea Bikergirl--you'll soon have your new purse! Seriously, I'm real happy for you. Your life is going to change for the better.

I just posted this elsewhere but I wanted to repeat it here and get your thoughts. I guess it's been a pensive day for me.

I have to be quiet to hear my band whisper to me

Seems like I have adequate restriction when I am quiet, eat tiny and slowly, chew chew chew, not have anything else going on when I eat, and kind of go in a trance to be at one with the band. Ommmmmm.

If I hog, go quickly, and multi-task, I can ignore my band until it is too late... Ow! Yuck!

I wonder if in general people who don't slow down and listen for the band to whisper end up needing more restriction to kind of force the issue.

I'm just thinking out loud. I'm no saint. I'm trying to have more meals at a slow pace...but I'm not succeeding every time.

I guess I used to go into a trance binging...I can learn to go in a trance and slow down and savor!

On another thread someone suggested cutting up your food in to small pieces like you do for kids when they are learning to eat. I will be giving that a try. It really makes since. If it is cut up then I won't bite off to much and the smaller the pieces spread out the more it will look like I'm eating!!

I've never had trouble with any kinds of food, but for some reason lately I can't eat ham, even ground up. Fish OK. chicken OK. Isn't that strange? Every day seems to be a new day.

I just got an IM that some folks from Beaumont might join us! the more the merrier!

Hi Deb

How are you now? I seem to recall I got an occasional pain at the beginning....either from eating too much or too fast. It went away...sometimes with chewable tylenol. I think it's just part of adjusting to the band. If it didn't go away, I'd call the Dr. and ask.

La Villa my favorite restaurant. Let me know if you want to meet at 6;30 Monday Feb 26th. I'm game. I can stop at curves before and join up! I've got to get busy on the exercise.

Oh good! Now I'm going for 2 reasons... to see you guys and to support you in your joining Curves, Barbara! I'll go to 24 Hour before La Villa, and I'll think about you at Curves. See you Monday at 6:30. Hey are you Beaumont folks here? Come join us if you can/

Hello,

Would love to meet you guys Monday for dinner- but have no idea where La Villa is. Is it in Humble- Please advise. Hope it is close enough for me to attend.

Deb

Come join us. We are bandsters without a local support group, and we're going to meet, say hi, and chat about possibly starting our own group.

We are meeting this Wednesday December 13 at 6:30 PM at Humble City Cafe near the SE corner of the intersection of 1960 and 59, on Main Street.

Let me know if you're coming and I'll make a reservation in the name of Bandsters.

La Villa is at the corner of Pinehurst Trail and 1960E. La Villa is on the corner. Its a strip shopping center, just past Sunrise at Atascocita Apartments and RV/boat storage. There is a church on the opposite corner. If you are coming east on 1960 you will go by W. Lake Houston, Denario, and then Pinehurst Trails. You can turn right short of the light or go to the light and turn right. There is a chinese restaurant, a curves, a driving school, all in the strip.

I'll see you at 6:30!