Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

I'm feeling similar "need more support" issues! And my son is returning from year tour in Bagdad! Guess when he will be here--March 12th. Well you know where I will be. It's been a long year, so I'll be missing for that meeting, but would like to submit my vote for more meetings. Thanks, Lana

If anybody want s to go with me to the 24 Hour Fitness in Atascocita, I have guest passes. I don't know if they'll harrass you to join or leave us alone, but my guess is that they won't do a hard sell.

I missed this,,,,,,,,but live north of Humble and am in process of getting surgery.

Going to go to yet another seminar...I'll keep it up till I find a Dr that I feel comfortable with! So off to Spivac this week.

Three is a charm right?

Group would be nice.

Email if you like.

Kathy

:nervous

Kathy, I think you'll like Dr Spivak. He was my surgeon. I was so nervous I chickened out 4 times. He was great about that--he said when you are ready that is the right time. I'm really happy I finally did it. Good luck!

Lana Jane,

Thank you! I needed to hear that. I have already chickened out for a year. I wasted lots of time last year getting ready and on the phone and all sorts of stuff and just flat talked myself out of it.

This January I got busy, here we are into the middleend of Feb and I'm still going to seminars!!!

I keep hearing good things about Spivak, so I'm going to pray that he is the surgeon for me.

I went to Dr Marvin and then to Dr Naaman and both of them really gave me the impression that they were bypass dr's all the way. I don't like that attitude because it makes me think they will not do as good of a job on the lapband as they could have and then chalk it off to "the band isn't as good or effective as the bypass, shouldda done a bypass" and I'm about up to my eyeballs in hearing that.

I'm really scared to death and at this present time I'm trying to keep my thoughts from going crazy! I almost have myself convinced that I will go through with this and then not be able to lose any weight or I will just explode my stomach with a binge which is my weakness.

Whew...you didn't ask for this therapy session did ya? lol

But, thank you and if there is a meeting in March, maybe I'll be walking slowly after having had my band installed and celebrating with the rest of ya with my bottle of Water in hand! whewhoo......I'm excited and nervous, but can't wait.

Kathy :mad:

I'm a Spivak baby too. No regrets. I didn't hesitate to have it done...brave all the way....until I got to the day of surgery. then every doubt flooded in. One surprise was that Dr. Spivak had arranged for a person with Lupus who was banded to be there to stay with me and my husband. I have Lupus, and she knew some of what was going on in my head. It was a nice touch. I awoke from surgery groggily saying to myself that I needed to tell them to remove it while they were in ther, or something like that. that was my last hesitancy. I'm so glad I had it done. I was both a binger and a grazer. Now I'm on that neverending learning curve to my wieght goal, and alot of peace of mind. We'll look forward to meeting you, Kathy. If we see someone crawling in with a water bottle, we'll know it's you.

Just thinking out loud.

Here's my latest cypherin'.

With my BMR, I need 954 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week, or 1454 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week. Since "they" recommend not going under 1100 calories a day, that's my goal.

Mostly from Protein, fat from olive oil for cooking and any incidental fats I come across, and carbs mostly from veges. That's the plan.

I guess I have to refigure the BMR as I lose weight, and if I increase exercise.....

Hey Betsy Jane,

How'd you figure all that out? I'm impressed! Is there a formula somewhere? I'm stalled out on weight loss. I'm at 37 lbs down and holding.... Oh and guess what else--hurt my knees at Jazzercise:( I'm going to rest a week and either go back or start walking (boring). I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks for listening. If you can pass along that formula, maybe it would help. Lj

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ Do the BMR calculation and then the Harris-Benedict and you're there!

Sorry about your knee! I just got back from 24 Hour Fitness. Hired a personal trainer for next week just to get me on track again. She actually seems like a real person and not just a cheerleader or Rocky Balboa. Let me know if you go back to Jazzercise and I'll go.

I figure I have cruised as much as I can and now I need to count stuff and get more exercise......

Betsyjane, I think if I remember it was La Villa. Do you remember if Barbara said it was the one near Tai Lee (sp?)? Have you noticed the abundance of business going on at the new Mex food restaurant in Huffman right on 2100? There must have been 35 cars parked there tonight at dinner time. It's called Los Compadres. It might be too crowded for a meeting. But it must be good.

Help- Need advise- I had my 1st fill on the 14th- some restriction- No real problems- 1 time I had slime- and PB- but only once- too large of a bite without chewing well- Here is the problem- tonight I ate dinner- boiled shrimp- refried beans-(too lazy to cook) and about 30 minutes later I started having gas pains in my shoulder and back. It felt like the day after I WAS ORIGINALLY BANDED. What could I have done wrong? Do you think I overate? What could cause such pain? I'm hydrated- no excessive exercise today- I am sooooooo uncomfortable. Has this happened to you?

Please reply if you have a suggestion.

Thxs,

Deb:help:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ Do the BMR calculation and then the Harris-Benedict and you're there!

Sorry about your knee! I just got back from 24 Hour Fitness. Hired a personal trainer for next week just to get me on track again. She actually seems like a real person and not just a cheerleader or Rocky Balboa. Let me know if you go back to Jazzercise and I'll go.

I figure I have cruised as much as I can and now I need to count stuff and get more exercise......