Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Am I So Hungry?

I'm at 3.0 cc's in a 4.0 band almost 6 months out. My last fill was a week ago and I still have a growling tummy within 2 - 3 hours of a meal. I would call this physical hunger.

Which half of my tummy is growling so loud? In order to keep losing, I need to stay a little hungry.

Anyone else still hungry? I'm eating only the good stuff, high Protein, lo carbs and trying to stay around 7 ounces per meal or less than 1 cup. I wait to drink liquids for l.5 hours or the hunger comes earlier. Am I chewing too much?

After this last fill on Tuesday I am having the same problem. I'm back to 2.0 with the thicker solution and hungrier than I've been in a long, long, time. I don't know if its because I had to be on liquids/mushies for 6 days prior to this fill and the thought of another 6 days was too much. :)

I broke down last night and had some queso bean dip and a few chips. That seemed to help. Today I had the same thing for lunch and I'm now full.

I wonder about your theory on chewing. As you know, I chew, chew, chew. So maybe we chew to liquid and like liquids they go right through us. I need to chew on that thought a while. :(

I'm at 3 ml too and I can still eat anything and I still get hungry, lots. I'm now running up to 10km at a time and have added in weight training as well and I'm 5ft 10 so I think I burn a lot of calories in a day. I still have in my head that women need teensy tiny little portions of food and compared to that I eat like a truckie.

But the hard facts are I have lost 30kg so despite my preconceived notions of how the band should feel and how much I should eat, what I've done has been adequate.

But I hear you on being a little hungry - because I'm not losing any more, lol. I do need to eat less and I'm a bit frustrated that 3 ml for crying out loud hasnt given me the restriction to lose that last bit! How much is it going to take?

I'm more of a mind to think I have to do it myself from here. To have come this far and been lucky enough to never PB and to still be able to eat any food, I dont really want to push my luck.

If no sweet spot is in the cards for me, so be it. I've lost most of this weight being a little or a lot hungry.

I am reminded that I'm not STARVING or thinking constantly about food like I would have been with out a band.

I can count on l/2 thin sliced toasted bread and meat sandwich filling me up and that may be my new "meal".

I must still be swollen from my last fill because my old formerly too big bras are a bit tight around, we won't mention the sad cup size.

Thanks for responding. It's good to know we're not alone in the hungries.

meee hungry too...I find though depending on what I eat I can stave off the hunger for longer periods...if I eat a full vege and meat meal...I am not hungry for some time...whereas if i eat toast/pasta or something like that...I am hungry again within 30min

:)

Agreed - if I could pull my finger out and cook myself say a grilled piece of fish and vegetables for lunch, I'd be sweet for hours on that. I'm sure I'm not "tighter" at night its just that I eat more solid food for dinner than I do for lunch.< /p>

But dang it, I dont want to change those habits. Eating on the run and buying lunch out and nibbling all day are too easy, lol.

My tummy growls when I am not hungry, I just assumed it was gas moving through the two sections and into my intestines. My hungry feeling feels just like it did before, however my full feeling is completely different.

My stomach makes some horrendous noises at times. I find if I sip Water, it calms down a little. Since my last fill I can't tolerate anything solid for Breakfast (never could since the surgery) or lunch (work stress really affects my restriction). I do find myself feeling genuinely hungry about 3 hours after each shake. My dietician suggested a 90 calorie yogurt for mid-afternoon, a few almonds mid-morning to stave off hunger.

Try the Water sipping technique and see if it helps. Or, how about, a few ounces of a Protein Shake?

I have to admit the best way for me to unstick the scale is to stick with band rules doc gave me. 3 small meals a day.

Maybe my hunger is more mental. I never considered that a growling tummy was anything other than a hungry tummy.