Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello!

I'm so glad I found this form! I been reading for a couple week.

I've talked about having weight loss surgery for the past 2 years and the last couple months I guess you would say I've hit rock bottom. I attended my first seminar class and it only pumped me up even more. I'm still waiting for the doctors office to call me back with a consultation with the surgeon. Luckily they have been wonderful with trying to fit all my appointments in on one day since I'm traveling 4 hours. :)

Before the seminar I was dead set on having the lap band because I was terrified to have most of my stomach removed. I had this thought that what happened if I get sick and something bad happened a to the remaining part of my stomach. After the seminar I felt lead to do more research on the sleeve. Even though my mind isn't 100 % made up I still feel lead to have the sleeve!

A few questions I wasn't able to find is with my insurance BCBS TN they require you to lose 10% of your weight before they do surgery. I'm very nervous because I feel like that will be the only thing holding me back. I haven't met with the nutritionist yet so hopefully she will be able to help me. Any advice so I can start?? :) Thanks in advance! I'm sure I will have more questions!

Cheat!! Wear heavy clothes & ankle weights to your first appointment. Lots of salt will make you retain Water also. I bet you could add an artificial 15# or so with these. Then there are tons of ways to lose weight temporarily(I'm sure we've all experienced that). I'm sure you've lost weight before, you can do it again.

I am just finishing my first month of doctor supervised diet-- I was discouraged about this at first, but am realizing that it is a good thing and does take time to complete all the requirements. Reading on this site is a great help. I am wondering if there are any of you that are about my age (64) that have already been thru surgery.?? My BMi is 39 and I have been told a very good candidate, however I am concerned about my age. Please--- encourage me if you can or PLEASE tell me negatives because of age. Of course I want to be smaller for vanity reasons --But I am a confident person and my most important reason is for my health. I would like to have a healthier more active life with my 4 children and 10 grandchildren. My husband is super and totally on board. Thanks for any insight.

I had the sleeve 2 days after my 66th birthday. There are quite a few of us 55 and up. I am 5 months out and lost 66 lbs. not bad for an old broad. I have diabetes and was on mega does of insulin. It was getting worse as time went on. That is why I did it and the diabetes has improved significantly. The smaller clothes was an added bonus.

You can lose the weight! My surgeon put me on a 1200 calorie diet. I used MyFitnessPal to help me out. Along with the low cals and exercise, I dropped 20 lbs! Seeing what is actually going into your body makes you realize all of the bad foods for you! Stay strong and positive, you can do it!!

Thank you for the advice! I know I can do it. I'm just so ready for the surgery!! I've been day dreaming about myself and how I will lose weight and how I will be so much more healthier for my 3 children and my husband will have his wife back! :) I guess I'm a little impatient.