Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your BEST NSV to date!

Best NSV for me was going from 27 prescribed pills a day to 11! 3 more will be gone in June!! :)

For me, yesterday I rode my new bike (bicycle - not Harley-that's my husband's territory!) I felt like a little girl again - hair flying free! Oh yea, being "checked out" again by the opposite sex -- priceless!

Newbie with tons of questions. I have had panic attacks ever since my thyroid and blood pressure started giving me problems. Have any of you had any good changes with your thyroid? The Dr. said my blood pressure would go down, but I didn't think to ask about my thyroid. Also I carry most my weight in my bottom half. But my legs are larger than others I'be seen. Its not Water retension but just weight. I can barely where jeans as the legs are so tight it makes it difficult and very uncomfortable. Does anyone else have this problem? My calf's and knees are huge wondering how much loose skin I will experience? And one last question are we suppose to start exercising right after surgery, or wait till after the 6 week period?

Ask your doctor about exercising, everyone is different. I never had thyroid problems, but I do take high blood pressure medication but my reg doctor told me she would be taking me off of them in June, if it still reads normal!

Gosh, this is hard! There have been so many!

I would have to say all of the instances that make me realize I no longer stand out as the FAT girl and that my life is so much less limited now. For example, I am a HUGE Cincinnati Reds fan and finally got to go to Opening Day this year. (It's pretty much a holiday in Cincy.) I was able to walk around all day and sit in a stadium seat comfortably. I used to have to be the one to buy my own tickets so I made sure they were on the end or next to an empty seat so I wouldn't make anyone else feel uncomfortable. One time, I literally took a cab from the stadium the 6 or 7 blocks to the parking garage. I claimed I didn't know how to get there but that wasn't really it. Another example: going out with my girlfriends a few weeks ago. There were 5 of us in the car and I wasn't singled out as having to sit in the front seat. I was able to sit in the back with two other girls AND they made me get in the middle! lol

Oh, and, making my crush do a double take when he saw me after 10 months. He didn't even recognize me at first! Now if I could just see him again so I can flirt with him!

I know you said one but I am so horrible at the best/favorite thing! :)

Best nsv ever i started at 322 now i am 258 since jan 29 2013, tried on dresses at old navy that FIT and were cute also tried skinny jeans on! Have NEVER fit in any old navy stuff before best nsv!

post-24505-13813664931837_thumb.jpg

post-24505-13813664932566_thumb.jpg

The other day I'm pretty sure a woman was checking me out - I simply can't remember the last time that happened :) and it felt nice :)

I am only about six weeks out now...but I have my 'skinny closet' separate from my regular closet ...yep, I have kept skinny clothes from the past. I periodically go through it & get rid of what I wouldn't wear now...but I've got quite a few clothes in it...my NSV was me having the determination to get a dress out of there this weekend, hang it on the outside so I see it as soon as I wake up....and for the first time in years, I KNOW I will be back in that dress in a year or so ( I hope sooner, but I am realistic!)...yahoo!!!!!!!

Mine has to be @ 6 months post op and down about 90 lbs. my family was getting ready to go out to dinner and I was dressed in my new size 8 jeans. My daughter's boyfriend (25) said to me "wow! You are getting so skinny!" 5 minutes later my son, (20) walked in to the room. He said in almost a shout, "Holy Crap, Mom! You are soo skinny!!" He had only ever known me as obese. It was truly a wonderful moment!!

Fitting in the airplane seat and not asking for an extender

I had saved my clothes from my "before" picture, and I tried them on last weekend and took pictures. I showed the results to my father-in-law, and he pointed to the picture on the left (the before) and said, "that was you?" I said, yes. "I don't remember that," he said.

My MIL had surgery last October. My granddaughter had been born in September. The other day my FIL was showing someone a picture of my granddaughter that he had on his phone. My MIL was holding the baby shortly after the baby's birth. The person who looked at the photo asked who the woman was holding the baby. The person couldn't believe it was my MIL and how much weight she'd lost.

The other night while laying close to my Husband, he asked me if I knew that I had hip bones, I say of course I have hip bones, and he's like " No, really, you have HIP BONES."

I have back pain in the kidney area and had trouble urinating and had to stop Protein Powder. Once I stopped the shakes the pain went away. Has anyone else have this problem?

Buying some super cute Victoria Secret yoga pants and feeling pretty stink'n cute In them

Last week my friends mom, who I have known for a long time, didn't recognize me. I haven't seen her for 6 months or so. She even came up to ask me who I was. That was the best feeling EVER!! She was pretty embarrassed once I told her my name :)

Mine's not that huge but it was awesome for me - Fitting in to my size 18 jeans. I was so excited. They are a little tight, but I don't care, I am wearing them. My 20's were starting to fall off me.