Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ohhhhhh Debra!!!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU???????????

Ok,

It has been 4 days since your surgery!

I am a little worried, hope your ok and that everything went well!!

Please PM me and let me know!

Miss ya!

Baileym

June 14th

Hmmmm... Bailey... I am worried too! DEBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! We are wondering how you are doing??????????????????????? Scooby Dooooo... Where are you????????????????????????????

OK, here I am!

Thank you all very much for the good wishes, the worries, and the song!

I'm still having mucho pain. Funny, all my incision sites are beautiful (well...) and there is just some pain at my port incision (to my left of belly button) But my real pain is in between belly button and port incision, and down. Maybe aggravated a fibroid??? DOn't know, but it hurts so much to move that I wake up w/ my legs numb and tingeling from not moving!

It was hard to get all my liquids in, I'm doing much better with that today. I thought I would cheer myself up a little and step on the scale after 3 days of liquids ... I gained a pound! LOL That's what I get for peeking!

Thanks again, now I'm gonna walk then go back to bed!

Hi Debra,

Glad to see your making it and alleviated our worries!!! You know that is funny you mention the pain there because I have noticed that I get this occassional feeling like someone is flicking me on the inside out in the same area, a few inches from my belly button but not as far over as my port. Hard to locate or describe it exactly. It seems to happen every 15-30 minutes about an hour after I eat or if I am standing for a long time doing dishes or ironing. Its not exactly painful and all my wounds look fine but it is a very odd sensation. I also got a really bad lower stomach ache last week. It only lasted 15-20 minutes but it was kind of stabbing pains in the lowest part of my gut. Probably just something I ate and not band related. Anyway I have deviated from my initial conversation: Glad your alive and doing okay. You'll feel much better soon. Teresa

WHEW!!!! I am sooooooooooo glad ta see ya girly! I hope the discomfort eases soon... although the numbness and tingling in the legs worries me a tad... perhaps you can ease my mind and call the Doc with that one?????? Did I mention that I am a worry wart???? Hmmm... I think I did.

THey pump you plum full of fluids in the hospital... try to keep drinking one sip at a time and those extra Fluid pounds will take a hike before you know it!

Welcome to Bandland!!!!

Darcy

Debra, I do hope that you get to feeling much better very quickly. That is an unbearable pain! The night of my surgery, I had horrible spasms in my lower left (ovary area) side. I would just cry out and grit my teeth and pant like I was in labor. I've never had anything hurt to the point that I couldn't control my mouth! I know I scared my husband to death! I had a drain tube on that side and just assumed that was triggering off something. But you know what, the nurses never came in one time!

Debra, welcome back and congrats on your banding!!

I had similar pain too - very low left abdomen. I asked my doc why I would have pain there, and he said he had no idea.

Eventually it went away. :D

Deb, it's so fun seeing people join the club. I finally feel like I belong somewhere after wandering lost and alone in this world.

I never had any real pain, only discomfort, but I'm a big heating pad pusher. It was my answer to everything after surgery.

Now about that numbness and tingling - did you have that prior to the surgery? I lost the feeling of my entire left foot when I was younger due to a herniated disc. I had surgery to shave the disc, but I know those tingly-numb feelings all too well.

Hi All!

Much better today. I did call my doc this morning and she said that the CO2 often aggrevates fibroids or endometriosis, that it would go away. I can resume "the pill" this Sunday and that should help a lot. I think the numbness was just me not moving my large body for 8 hours!

I am having trouble in my arm from the heprin shots, but I guess that is normal too. Somehow, just knowing the pain is normal cuts it right in half!!

DeLarla, my surgeon gave me a Bari Bear and so I'm always using heat! It is so sweet.

New Hope ... owwww. that sounds bad! No nothing like that here, and the hospital was wonderful!

Thanks again, hope to be posting regularly soon!

OK, you drew me out of my hermitage, now WHERE ARE YOU??

Hope you are still feeling fine! How's the mush? I'm counting on you for great "mush" recipes!!

I don't know what a Bari Bear is, but I'm jealous. Your surgeon gave you a gift? Like a care package gift thingy? A warm fuzzy bear?

Yes, a warm fuzzy bear! Actually, a fleece outer bear, cute little paws & ears, and then inside is a bag of whole corn kernals that go in the microwave for 2 minutes. Warm fuzzy bear! From my surgeon the morning after surgery! Made me feel special!!

Actually, I've seen them online, but these were made especally for Dr. Deol. I've been totally impressed with her from day one! Very professional, but personal too! I've been blessed!

Ha Marie! You crack me up! This was my "free gift w/ purchase!"

Yes, Leatha, this is heavy enuf to act as a cough/support pillow, too! Nothing can help when I sneeze, thou! Owww!

Feeling tons better today!