Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bmi 35 Its possible insurance approved?

Hi people@

I would like to know if anyonee in the forum has insurance approval to sleeve with 35 of BMI, and diabetes or any other comorbidities????

Thanks!

For Massachusetts I think it's normally BMI 40 w/o comorbidities & 30 if you do have them.

I'm in IL, most plans here are BMI 35 with comorbidity and 40 w/o comorbidity. But every plan is different. If you call your insurance, they can tell you exactly what the qualifications are and the requirements for approval.

My BMi is 36 and submitted all my info to insurance a few days ago. They gave me a surgrey date already but still waiting on insurance. I meet all requirments

It's possible but depends on your insurance plan. Mine required one or more co-morbidities, documentation of previous participation in a conservative weight loss plan (like Weight Watchers), documentation of participation in a surgery prep program (my surgery center), and documentation of a pre-op psych eval. Other plans require six months of either nutritional counseling or doctor supervised weight loss visits. Possible - but check your plan coverage to know what you are facing.

Welcome aboard the sleever's road to a thinner you!!

My BMi is 36 and submitted all my info to insurance a few days ago. They gave me a surgrey date already but still waiting on insurance. I meet all requirments

Good luckkkkk!

It's possible but depends on your insurance plan. Mine required one or more co-morbidities' date=' documentation of previous participation in a conservative weight loss plan (like Weight Watchers), documentation of participation in a surgery prep program (my surgery center), and documentation of a pre-op psych eval. Other plans require six months of either nutritional counseling or doctor supervised weight loss visits. Possible - but check your plan coverage to know what you are facing.

Welcome aboard the sleever's road to a thinner you!![/quote']

Thank you! My insurance plan doesn't required a 6 months supervised diet...but Im a lil concern because I always try diets by myself, or gym, zymba at home...how I can document that? Any experience or advise???

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments and help! :)

Thank you! My insurance plan doesn't required a 6 months supervised diet...but Im a lil concern because I always try diets by myself' date=' or gym, zymba at home...how I can document that? Any experience or advise???

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments and help! :)[/quote']

When I got my band in 2010 they just gave me a questionnaire that had several different diets and you put the year(s) you did them along with how much you lost and regained. This is what they send to insurance.

Do you know if they are going to want proof of a weight loss program? You may need to check with them (or have your surgeons office check).

I did a fitness boot camp and that did not count towards supervised diet . They said it had to be from a dr or nutritionist... Thought that was silly since we were weighed every 3 weeks and did measurements