Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 Post op What can I drink?

I had surgery on Monday and have only had Water, Vitamin water, broth, and green tea. Im feelng hungry and weak. Any suggestions as to something I can have on this "clear liquid" diet that may give me some Protein?

Aren't you having Protein Shakes by now? that should really help you..

I had surgery on Monday and have only had water' date=' Vitamin Water, broth, and green tea. Im feelng hungry and weak. Any suggestions as to something I can have on this "clear liquid" diet that may give me some Protein?[/quote']

Hi I also had surgery in Monday, I'm doing broth from the top ramen packages, sugar free Jello, cup of Soup cream of chicken flavor ( it has no food bits) premier Protein shakes with 2 tbs of PB2, I'm heating up Tomato Soup as I type I'm hoping my tummy tolerates it. I also got some Mexican brand of a drinkable strawberry yogurt I've had 2 ounces of it for b fast today and so far so good.

I had my surgery on Tuesday. I tried Protein Drink mouth started to Water had to use nausea pill. I am doing like you water clear water and Jello . I m looking forward to getting some broth. I have put my jello in the freezer to make it like Popsicle works great .

I had surgery on Monday and have only had Water, Vitamin Water, broth, and green tea. Im feelng hungry and weak. Any suggestions as to something I can have on this "clear liquid" diet that may give me some Protein?

It depends on what your doctor/nutritionist recommend. Mine recommended that I not worry about Protein at that stage (yet) and just concentrate on staying hydrated. They said that dehydration commonly mimicked the "hungry" feeling. Luckily, I had no issues drinking anything, at any temperature by day 4 post-op. I drank a lot of Powerade zero, water, chicken broth Soup, and had some Jello. I had a single popsicle but couldn't finish it. :)

You could add unflavored Protein Powder to any of those, if you wanted.

~Kat

Isopure tastes pretty good to me and the Protein has helped me feel better. I tried the milk based protein at first but I couldn't keep it down.

I had surgery on Monday and have only had water' date=' Vitamin Water, broth, and green tea. Im feelng hungry and weak. Any suggestions as to something I can have on this "clear liquid" diet that may give me some Protein?[/quote']

My diet told me to wait 7 days before Protein and by that time i was so weak and hungry. I wouldnt wait that long for protein shakes cause now im still not feeling real well and started drinking them wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had my surgery on Monday as well. I was told to start the Protein Shakes when I got discharged. Its very hard to get all the Protein in though. I've been drinking about 1 shake per day; half in the morning and half in the evening, with broth inbetween. Yesterday I bought some nectar unflavored protein to add to my broths and Jello, doesn't change the flavor at all. And popsicles have become my best friends lol

And are you guys having hunger pains? I'm not really sure if they are hungry pains or gas pains:(

My tummy is making a lot of gurgling noises still and I'm still a little sore when transitioning from sitting and standing. I'm not doing well with fluids or Proteins I wasn't one to drink much before surgery and its been hard to get in the routine to drink constantly. It's not that its painful to drink its just that mentally I'm not thirsty. I had scheduled 2!weeks off work but feel I'm doing pretty well now and Kay return a week early.

My tummy is gurgling a lot too...glad I'm not at work cuz that would be really embarrassing. I scheduled myself off for 3 weeks just so I can make sure I'm really feeling ok before I go back.

You could try SF pudding or cream of (blank) Soup. Post op I was lucky to be able to handle a sip of Water at a time lol.

Hang in there, just concentrate on staying hydrated.

I made a 12oz Protein Shake in the morning with two scoops of Protein and drank 3oz for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also did a lot of strained cream Soups with unflavored protein added when I couldn't stand the sweet shakes.< /p>

Does your stomach rumble? Like actually rumble? I can feel mine rumbling and sometimes it hurts