Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Me! I had a couple of handfuls of popcorn, surgery is around the corner

Will this cause problems tomorrow? I am taking a Ducolax to wash it down. I am really going into panic mode, because a friend said that was not a good thing to do, the popcorn will not digest. I am panicking. Help!! Ideas? Advice? Other laxatives?

Is your surgery tomorrow? Did you eat the popcorn today? We're you supposed to be on just liquids?

And what kind of pre op prep are you supposed to take if any?

No, I wasn't told I had to be on liquids, just a 1,000 calories. I have been disciplined, I went to the movies and lost my mind...the stress of everything going on. I can't believe this. I took ducolax yesterday to begin the cleansing, I planned to have a liquid day today, but I broke. I chose to do this portion on my own, thinking it would make things easier. I am panicking, because I gave in... :(

Just checked again...nothing by mouth after midnight, no other instructions.

Most doctors have you do a pre op prep and no food the day before, but it sounds like your doctor doesn't require that...

If you want to feel really cleansed out, going to the drug store and buying a bottle of magnesium citrate will clean you out (it's the bowel prep I used the day before) but probably not necessary if you doctor doesn't mind you eating.

I'd be careful with too many laxatives..you don't want to have the runs tomorrow!

I'd be careful with too many laxatives..you don't want to have the runs tomorrow!

When did you gave your surgery Taking Control? We have the same start weight, you have made great progress.

Thank you, I think my guilt from indulging took over. I now have it out of my system...I'm ready to get this going, thank you so much for all of your feedback.

Will this cause problems tomorrow? I am taking a Ducolax to wash it down. I am really going into panic mode' date=' because a friend said that was not a good thing to do, the popcorn will not digest. I am panicking. Help!! Ideas? Advice? Other laxatives? [/quote']

Na.... I had a full Easter Sunday meal and my surgery was two days later... You'll be fine...Brian

When did you gave your surgery Taking Control? We have the same start weight, you have made great progress.

I had my surgery 12/17...& I sure don't feel like I've made great progress! I'm more of a slow looser. But on the positive side, my hair hasn't started falling out & my skin seems to be adjusting fairly well! & the scale is moving in the RIGHT direction for once!! Good luck & keep us posted on your progress!