Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Garden Frittata,

Ingredients:

1/2 cup onion chopped

2 pressed cloves of garlic

1 cup of one or more of: spinach, broccoli, zucchini or mushrooms finely chopped

1/2 t. thyme

1/2 t. basil

6 eggs

1 C. grated swiss cheese

1/2 C. grated parmesan

1 t. salt

1/4 t. pepper

1/2 C. Lite Sour Cream

1 C. milk

dash of tabasco

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, combine all ingredients reserving 1/2 the cheese. Sprinkle left over cheese on top just before baking. Bake in 9" pie pan for 50 minutes.

Very yummy and easy to swallow. We make this a LOT at the B&B I work at.

Another good easy to swallow recipe is Spinach Gnocchi:

Ingredients:

2 10 oz. packages of frozen spinach (or 1 1/2 lb. fresh) get all moisture out!!!

4 T. Butter

3/4 C. Ricotta cheese (Lite)

2 eggs lightly beaten

6 T. flour

1/2 t. salt

3/4 C. Parmesan cheese

1/2 t. pepper

1. Melt butter in pan and add dried spinach, cook until almost dry, add Ricotta cheese and cook another 3-4 minutes.

2. Transfer to a bowl and add eggs, flour, 1/4 C. parmesan cheese and seasonings. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until firm for one hour.

3. Bring Water and salt to a boil then reduce to simmer. Flour hands and roll into 1 T. balls. Drop gently into the Water and simmer 5-8 minutes. They will become slightly puffed and firm. Remove to a towel to drain. Can be frozen for later at this point.

I like to eat them just like they are but when we serve them we drizzle melted butter and more parmesan on top and broil 4 or 5 minutes.

I just tried this one today and we all loved it.

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless pork roast or sirloin cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I think you can use beef or chicken too)

1 T. cooking oil

1/2 onion chopped

1 14.5 oz. can of chopped tomatoes

1/2 C. raisins

1/2 t. Oregano

1/2 t. ground cinnamon

Hot cooked rice

1. Trim fat from meat and cube. In large skillet brown 1/2 the meat in hot oil, remove and brown the other 1/2 meat and onions. Drain off fat. Return all meat and onion to skillet.

2. Sir in undrained tomatoes, raisins, oregano, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 20 to 25 minutes and when meat is tender. Put over hot rice. This was really easy and tasted yummy. It is actually in the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook on page 314. Calories and all that weren't too bad.

I've been in the mood to try new recipes so I did this one and then made home made lasagna noodles and made a big pan of lasagna with sausage and spinach (lunch for tomorrow). We have been having a guest (a co-worker of my husbands) for the last few nights and he might be moving in with us for a couple of months. I got tired of the fend for yourself boring foods attitude and suddenly started getting creative and cooking again. Another all time favorite of mine is zuchinni-banana-mango bread. I did a ton of this last summer. I am sure it isn't very good diet material and haven't made it yet this year but everybody loved it so much last year that I am going to make another 1/2 dozen loaves in the next day or two. I kind of made up the recipe after reading and comparing other recipes. My boss at the bed and Breakfast liked it so much she decided to serve it to guests and it was an instant hit. Like all bandster foods, it probably isn't SO bad if we stick to the smaller quantities. I just make a bunch at a time to pass out to friends and family and freeze some for later. I am one of those crazy people that do canning and pass them out in gift baskets. :) Teresa

Teresa the garden firttata sounds great I might have to put that on the menu at my restaraunt Yum Yum I'm going to go in there this morning and make it since I have all of those ingredients on hand there.

I have a fabulous chiken recipe for those of you who are not tired of chicken yet. This is my families all time favorite

chicken Wondermere

1 can golden mushroom Soup

1 can cream of chicken Soup

1/2 c sour cream (fat free if desired)

1/2 c mayo (fat free if desired)

1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese( fat free if desired)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

in a 9x13 pan place chicken and mix remaining ingredients together in a bolw and pour over chicken cook 1 hour uncovered at 350

( Can be served over white rice or egg noodles)

Mock Spaghetti

For those of you who can not do Pasta or want sphagetti without the carbs

1 spaghetti squash cut in half and bake cut side down for 40 minutes at 350

your favorite meat sauce

cook spaghetti sqaush and remove from skin, it looks just like spaghetti once it is cooked then pour over your favorite meat sauce...while my family enjoys the real deal I make this for myself and everyone is happy

These next two I got from another group and both are delicious

Mock Danish

1 egg

2 tbsp cream cheese

1 tsp lemom juice

1 packet of splenda or equal

1tbsp of vanilla

mix together and microwave for 2 minutes or until done

This tastes just like a cheese dansih without the carbs

Artichoke Chicken

4 boneless skinless breasts

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts diced and cut

1 cup of mayo

1/2 cup of grated parmessan cheese

Mix all together and pour over chicken and bake 350 uncovered for 1 hour (can be served over rice or egg noodles)

Hi Michelle,

Those all sound delicious. I wrote down that mock danish recipe and keep forgetting to try it out. The artichoke chicken sounds delicious too. My father in law was a chef and makes something similar and it is one of my favorite things on the planet. Yours sounds easier so I'll have to give it a shot.

That frittata can also be made fiesta style, I have used the taco cheese blends, chilis, etc for a little different taste.

Another good recipe is Mock Chili Rellenos (excuse the spelling)

I whip together a bunch of eggs, layer chiles and cheese in a pan and pour the egg mix over it. Cook it the same temp and time as the frittata. Or just keep an eye on it. You can add chicken or steak whatever... I know cooks who follow every recipe exactly... I am not one of those, I like to experiment. Its what keeps me ticking. Besides that is how new recipes get invented. LOL... I don't know how many times I have taken an old favorite and enhanced it one way or another. Anyway best wishes. We'll have to have a feed back section when people try things. Teresa:cool:

Marie, your welcome in my home anytime...

I love this thread! I seem to fix "the same old, same olds". I like getting recipes from all over. Here's a few: (A lot of these ingredients are available as low sodium, low-fat, fat-free, etc. and don't affect the taste or outcome of the recipe.)

POT ROAST:

roast (any cut)

one can of french onion Soup

one can of beef consomme

potatoes

carrots

Brown roast on both sides in dutch oven with a little olive oil.

Do not season.

Drain.

Add one can of french onion soup and one can of beef consomme.

Add potatoes and carrots.

Cover and put in 350* oven.

I like to prepare this right before I go to bed.

Go take a shower or whatever you need to do.

Then, turn the oven to 200*.

Let it cook all night. You can keep it in the oven at this temperature for a very long time. The heat is high enough to keep the meat safe and it won't burn.

The next day you will have a very, very tender, flavorful roast.

No knives needed.

(I made this for Christmas dinner. I put it in Christmas Eve, it was ready when we were, no hassle.)

BEEF STROGANOFF:

stew meat or chuck steak (cubed) (cheaper)

stick of butter

2 cans beef consomme soup

fat-free sour cream

egg noodles

Cube beef, flour, and brown in butter. Do not season.

Drain.

Add:

2 cans beef consomme soup

Cover and simmer until tender. (You can also put in crock pot after browning.)

Just before serving, remove pot from heat.

Stir in low-fat sour cream (to taste).

Serve over cooked egg noodles.

And for the sweet tooth:

ZEBRA PIE:

oreo Cookies

vanilla instant pudding

milk

cool whip

Crush oreo Cookies.

Prepare Vanilla instant pudding (with fat-free milk) according to directions.

Stir Fat-free Cool Whip (thawed) into pudding mixture.

Layer crushed cookies/pudding mixture until done (thus the name- zebra)

Sprinkle few crushed oreo crumbs on top.

Chill well. Keep refrigerated.

(This is really pretty in a large clear bowl.)

BANANA-BLUEBERRY PIE:

1 lg. box (2 pkg.) Dream Whip (the old timey topping)

1 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, sofened

3/4 cup sugar (or Splenda equivalent)

1 Tbl. lemon juice

1 Can Blueberry Pie Filling

2 pie crusts - baked

2 bananas

Whip Dream Whip as directed on pkg.,

Add softened cream cheese and sweetener.

Blend Well.

Line baked pie crusts with thin sliced bananas.

Pour Dream Whip/cream cheese mixture over top.

Mix lemon juice into pie filling.

Spoon pie filling on top of the Dream Whip mixture.

Chill at least 2 hours.

Keep refrigerated.

(Colorful, Easy)

Michelle, my grandmother used to fix the spaghetti squash. We thought it was so exotic! It's so cool how it curls as you rake the cooked squash from its rind! We didn't know that she was really getting us to eat something that was good for us.

Here is my contribution to the recipes. This is not all that health conscious but it is delicious. MMM MMM GOOD!!

CHEESY BEEF AND BEAN BAKE "YELLOW - SHIT" That is the family name. LOL!!!

1 LG CAN OF REFRIED Beans

1 1/2 CANS OF ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILI

1 1/2 LBS OF HAMBURGER meat

2 - 3CUP BAGS OF SHREDDED MILD CHEDDAR cheese

2 - 3CUP BAGS OF SHREDDED MEXICAN MIX cheese OR MOZZARELLA

1 - 2 BUNCHES OF GREEN ONIONS CHOPPED (optional)

1 PACKAGE OF 10-INCH FLOUR TORTILLAS

Optional items:

1 - medium size Tomato chopped

1 - medium size onion chopped

1 - medium green pepper chopped

Sour cream and Guacamole

Steps:

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 x 9 - inch sheath cake pan.

* Brown meat with onions, green peppers, and one-third of the green onions. Drain meat and add one can of Rotel and simmer on low stirring occasionally.

* Add to refried Beans half of one bag of the Mexican mix / Mozzarella cheese. Optional can add a can of Rotel and stir until cheese is melted. Be careful with the bean mixture as it will burn and stick to pot. Must stir constantly. Also, can add some of the green onions if desired to the bean mixture.

* At this point, you can add the meat to the bean mixture or not. I don't. I cut the tortillas in half and place a layer in the bottom of the cake pan usually takes 6 - 7 halves. Begin to layer: bean mix, meat mix, and cheese. Can usually get approximately 3 layers.

* With the last layer, after the cheese is added (make sure you have used all the cheese or it will not be a true "Yellow Shit" dish) sprinkle the remaining green onions and tomatoes (opt). Place in oven to melt cheese until the edges are brown or personal preference. When placing or removing from oven be careful as dish is heavy.

* Remove from oven, and let sit for 5 minutes to cool (if you can stand it).

* Serve with a light salad, a dab of sour cream and guacamole, some chips, and a HUGE glass of Margarita (strawberry if allowed).

* Enjoy!! Enjoy!! and also Enjoy!!

Here is another one:

TEX MEX Stew

1 lb HAMBURGER meat, chicken, turkey whatever floats your boat

1 med ONION diced (I sometimes cheat and get the frozen diced onion bits)

1 can ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILI

1 can drained whole kernel CORN

1 can drained kidney Beans (can leave these out if you want- my son doesn't like them so I don't put them in when he is eating)

1 package of SHREDDED CHEESE(any kind)

1 tsp WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE

1 to 1 1/2 cups of ketchup

2 tsp MUSTARD

Directions:

* Brown meat and onions together, drain.

* Add meat, onion, Rotel, Corn, Beans, Worcestershire sauce, Ketchup, and Mustard in a pot.

* Let simmer for 20 minutes or until it boils.

* Serve over RICE, Pasta, bread, or CORNBREAD

* Sprinkle cheese over dish.

Can serve with sour cream as well.

MEXICAN CORNBREAD

1 box of JIFFY cornbread mix

1/2 can of drained whole kernel CORN

1/2 can of drained ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILI

Directions:

* Make sure you drain the CORN and the ROTEL really good.

* Prepare cornbread mix as directed. Use the ROTEL for the milk.

* Add in the CORN.

* Cook as directed on the box of JIFFY Mix.

MMM MMM GOOD

Good to serve with the TEX MEX Stew.

Those sound delicious Penni. I'll have to try them out.

Michelle, did you ever make the frittata? How did it turn out?

I am thrilled with how inspired people are to put in recipes. Keep it up! Teresa

When I get the mocha frappacino craving:

Get out the blender. Put in:

1/2 cup of hot Water

1 tablespoon of Folger's instant Decaf.

1/2 carton of unsweetened chocolate soy milk.

2 packets of sweet-n-low.

Maybe drizzle some SF chocolate Syrup in there. Blend with lots of ice. Pour into a tall glass and top with that real spray-on whip cream. yum, yum.

Adjust any/all ingrediants to your personal taste.

I'm sure non-fat milk and cocoa powder would work just as well as the soy milk.

This is so moist, has Fiber (veg.), and Protein (cheeses). Satisfies my "bread" cravings. Of course, get fat-free, low sodium, and/or low fat ingredients when available.

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

1 package frozen chopped broccoli (thawed, drained)

1/2 cup melted butter

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 teaspoon salt

4 eggs (slightly beaten)

3/4 cup cottage cheese

1 (8 1/2 oz.) package quick corn muffin/bread mix

In mixing bowl, combine melted butter, onion, salt, cottage cheese, and broccoli. Then add beaten eggs. Blend well. Stir in muffin mix. Pour into greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 400* for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with grated cheese, and let melt. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve warm.

Marie

That sounds absolutely delicious. My kids love brocolli/Cheese and cornbread, my god they will be in their heaven with the mall mixed together. I just printed outthe recipe to take to thegrocery store to make for dinner tomorrow night! Thanks for sharing it..I will let you know how it works out for us :)