Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go out to youtube and search for "intubation" you will fond many videos on the procedure. That will give you an idea of what happens. Basically the blade that has to be used to see where to put the tube can hurt the inside of your mouth. People can lose teeth that are loose or suffer cuts. Again I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

Wow first of all I'm so sorry this happen. When I had my scope I was very nervous but relaxed because I knew it had to be done. My doctor was late about 2hrs. Everyone was very sweet and nice. I get the scope done. When I wake up my hair is a mess lol I did not know though. The doctor comes in tells me I have a small hernia and it will be remove on surgery day (no big deal) I still fell drugged up so I don't ask questions. When my friend sees me her reaction was shocked she said I looked beat up they wheel me to the car I look in the mirror I have red spots all on my eyes temples and forehead even in back of my ears. I looked bad I called the out patient facility the next day they don't know what it is the anesthesiologist doctor calls me and ask of it itches blah blah and no it wasn't hurting or itching. I did tell him I had got this but very very very mild when I throw up and he said "we'll you just diagnosed yourself" lol I been thinking about it because what if I was allergic to latex lol. I'm not having surgery into August. Has anyone else had the red spots on there face after the endoscopy??? He said I was gagging and trying to sit up during my endoscopy!!! SCARRY!!! lol.

Wow first of all I'm so sorry this happen. When I had my scope I was very nervous but relaxed because I knew it had to be done. My doctor was late about 2hrs. Everyone was very sweet and nice. I get the scope done. When I wake up my hair is a mess lol I did not know though. The doctor comes in tells me I have a small hernia and it will be remove on surgery day (no big deal) I still fell drugged up so I don't ask questions. When my friend sees me her reaction was shocked she said I looked beat up they wheel me to the car I look in the mirror I have red spots all on my eyes temples and forehead even in back of my ears. I looked bad I called the out patient facility the next day they don't know what it is the anesthesiologist doctor calls me and ask of it itches blah blah and no it wasn't hurting or itching. I did tell him I had got this but very very very mild when I throw up and he said "we'll you just diagnosed yourself" lol I been thinking about it because what if I was allergic to latex lol. I'm not having surgery into August. Has anyone else had the red spots on there face after the endoscopy??? He said I was gagging and trying to sit up during my endoscopy!!! SCARRY!!! lol.

How awful for you!! I had mild sedation and my throat was just numbed with spray and I didn't feel a thing, it seemed it was over before it started.

I had a horrible experience with my endoscopy as well. The anesthesiologist said that I had a short neck so they had to put me under. I waited 4 hours for a room. The procedure was fairly quick but my throat was burning for days and I was draggy for five days. Good luck.

The nurse said' date=' she does not know...all she know is they said it was too difficult to intubate me and maybe it happened during that process. shrugs I kno 1 thing they can make that the new weight loss operation of the year...because with ur tongue cut u will NOT eat...lol[/quote']

Not to be light of what happen to you but for me I need that for the two week liquid die...it lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

This is typical, and a risk of the procedure. because of your weight you have soft tissue encroaching on your airway, shortening your neck and it puts you at a much higher risk for needing a tracheotomy and other things that no one will want to do to a 500+ pound person due to the risk of total respiratory collapse. They just don't have enough space to work with.

They may talk to you about a more long term liquid diet and try again when you loose about 70-100 pounds. You could probably do that with a few months of Optifast.

I think my lawyer would be calling.

For what exactly? It's a known risk of the procedure that you sign consent for.

So what happened to your tongue?? How on earth did they cut it?

intubation? have you ever seen it? It's not easy, gentle or "safe". I have to chuckel with people ask something like that, and there are people all in this forum talking about calling lawyers and reporting them like they did something wrong. intubation is not gentle, people of normal size get teeth knocked out, cuts, soft tissue injuries even with the BEST anesthesiology professionals. Add in additional factors like being OVER 500 pounds and its just something you risk. That's why surgery on big people is risky.