Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Weeks post op update

So I am five weeks post op and down 25 pounds since surgery. Going well. No reflux, and rarely feel actual hunger. Can eat about 3 oz at a time, unless it is dense, then a bit less. Still not able to reach my Protein goal though. I have started using the frozen Yoplait Greek yogurt smoothie mix, with a scoop of the Jay Robb Dreamsicle Protein Powder. Tastes yummy, but makes about two servings. I have only had a few small problems. The first, was right after surgery the pain in my neck and shoulders was horrendous. I was told by the nurses and Dr that it was the gas from surgery working its way out of my system. I kept waiting for it to abate after a few days (as I was told it would). A week after surgery it was still so bad I was taking my pain pills just because if it. So I went to have my drain removed and told my surgeon about it. He said it could be cause by the end of the drain tube poking into my diaphragm. And it was! The moment he removed the drain it was gone. Such a relief! Then two weeks ago I had a muscle spasm n my neck so bad I couldn't move. My pcp says it was torticollis. Not surgery related. But it put a hold on my exercise. Still have some pain for it. However, the worst thing I have had to deal with was my one month postop visit with my surgeon. My apt was at 345. They took me to the room right on time. And then I sat. For an hour and a half! No one came in to say the Doc was running late. Actually, his office was right across the room I was in and he was on the phone the whole time. At 530 I walked out. I told reception I had to go, all she said was she understood. No call, no apt reset, nothing. As far as im concerned, I will deal with my pcp from now on.

Wow--that is rude, even if he is a busy doc. I love my surgeon and he is so personable and interested in what is going on with my new life. Hopefully your PCP is up on the sleeve as some are not. It amazes me because it seemed like they should know but there are some that do not. You should let your surgeon's facility know what happened though. Everyone should be accountable how they treat patients.

My Opinion on these surgeons is that they are first and foremost salesman, they want your business but after you are sleeved they are on to there next sales pitch, what is bad is if your surgeon is more sales man than surgeon. Find a good support group.