Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ashamed!!!

Havn't been here in 7 or 8 months. My anniversary date is November 21, 2005. Havn't lost a thing since surgery. My fill is at 8cc in a 10cc band. (Is there much more room for any more fill?) Havn't gone the doc in shame I am, from not loosing.

Yes I have it coming. Some tough love. So I need it! Let me have it.

I should NOT be where I am. I need to exercise I know.

:D

Please let me have it because I think I need a reality check!!

Why have I done this to myself?

Feeling very frustrated.

Schel

P.S.

Before I did this thread, I made my fill appointment. I promise I will go and not cancel.

Well Schel, maybe you were not emotionally ready for this journey until now. If you feel ready to make that step and get busy with it, then we are here to help you. And if that requires my size 8 1/2 to your hind end...then so be it!!!

Seriously tho---get that fill, and we can challenge one another to get it done.

You and I began at the same weight, though you are younger than I am by several years. There are times I think there is no way I am 46--then other days I feel every second of it!

I was banded in April, and we have a challenge going that for 17 days in the month of December, we will work out, in anyway we choose, whether it is walking on a treadmill, outdoors, kickboxing, whatever we choose, anything to remain active, for at least 35 minutes a day. We also are striving to keep our Fluid intake up.

Why don't you try to keep up with us!! It isn't a daily thing, so I am usually able to make the challenge, but I also know if others weren't waiting to see if I did it or not, I might not!

Are you still experiencing hunger? If so maybe this fill will help! If not, then it is the dreaded head hunger thing---we were just discussing that we all have it.

Sounds to me like you are ready to make the turn around---and we will be here to push you and pull you along---next week it may be YOU doing the pushing--thats the great thing about this site! You never have reason to feel bad, there is always someone there to help you!

Good Luck---check back in with us!!! When is your fill appointment?

Kat

Schel

I feel for you. Losing has been a struggle for me, too.

You need to look at what you are eating and how - with your most honest possible eyes.

1) What are you eating? This is the hard one for me - I find myself eating nuts and icecream and other high-fat, calorie dense food. cheese is my particular downfall.

2) How are you eating. Constantly? Grazing? I have less problems with this - except during the holidays. What about you? Are you eating more than once every 4-6 hours? If so, Why?

Exercise is important - don't get me wrong. It is a basic equation of calories in and calories out. But I find that if I control the calories in a little more, it isn't such a crisis when I don't get to the gym every day.

Also - getting a fill is important. Just cause you have 8cc in a 10cc band does not mean you have proper restriction. Trust me - I have 8.2 now - and I still don't have the optimal restriction. It's pretty close, for ME - but you might need more.

I think if you can make some adjustments in all of the above - make better food/eating choices, get more exercise and get a bit more fill - you will see some improvement in the scales.

**Be sure to get your fill done under Flouro. That way - if there is any obvious problem with your band - you will know.

Hugs!!

Hey girl join the club! My aniversay date was October the 4th and I am ashamed to say I weighed in at more than before my band! Not a pretty way to start but I have made up my mind that I am going to let the band work this time! I fought it tooth and nail last time! See that is the wonderful thing about the band it just sits and waits til WE are READY. I am very ready! Are you? I bet you are! Good Luck!

Schel,

If it helps, it took getting me to 10.0 in my VG before I felt enough restriction to curb my eating behavior at all. Get that fill and don't let anyone make you feel bad about your progress. Just do what it takes to turn your appetite off. None of us could do it without that.

And I'm with Kat -- join us over on the April Bandsters December Challenge thread. We'd love to have you join us for the exercise challenge!

I think it's the wrong answer to not go to your doctor because you haven't lost weight. You already know this, because you've made an appointment. But I say it again, because if you aren't losing, something isn't right, and your doc can help you figure that out.

Please don't feel ashamed! You need to let the band help you. If you need to be filled to 10 cc's, so be it! I'm probably headed in that direction myself. If I need 10, I'm going for it. You'd be surprised how much difference just 2 cc's can make. You can do it!