Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm afraid...

1. I'm afraid it will hurt and that I'll be a big baby in front of my dad.

2. I'm afraid I won't loose the 100lbs. And just lose a little.

3. That I will eat badly and just regain the weight.

4. That I won't look nice and still feel like a fat girl

5. That the diabetes won't go away.

6. That I won't know how, when, or what to eat.

7. That I will become a cranky person.

I really really want to do this but can't stop think about the what if's. I have less than a month till surgery and I want to be successful - I wish I had like a trainer keeping me on track each week- do those exists (not just for exercise, but everything )

Ok, I'm done - just need to get it out and release all these pent up emotions.

I'm 5"1' and weigh 240 :-( would love to weigh 140 :-).

1) Yes, it will hurt. You may be a baby in front of your dad - but that's temporary. My pain wasn't too bad - after about 3 days at home I was off pain meds.

2) If it makes you feel any better, I'm just over 2 weeks out and have already lost almost 28 pounds. I wouldn't worry about this one. If anything, this is what you're in the most control over. At first, it will come off fast - then you are in control from there out. Follow your food plan, exercise, and you'll be great!

3) Again - you are in control of this. You are the one who has to make the commitment to eat well and take care of yourself.

4) I highly doubt this will happen! It may take a while for you to see yourself differently. Some people have a hard time with that. I can already see a difference in myself, and I have a therapist to help me deal with the rest.

5) I don't know about this medically - but I've heard so many good things about this controlling diabetes. I'm not diabetic myself, so I can't answer from experience.

6) Your dietician/nutritionist will help you with this. They'll send you home with a plan, and if you have questions, call and ask! That's what they're there for!!

7) At the moment, I'm slightly cranky, but that's only because I can't wait for tomorrow - my follow-up appointment where they tell me that I can move on to pureed food!!! :)

You found the right place for support and people to keep you on track. I can't tell you how helpful this site has been for me. You can do this!!!

1) Yes, it will hurt. You may be a baby in front of your dad - but that's temporary. My pain wasn't too bad - after about 3 days at home I was off pain meds.

2) If it makes you feel any better, I'm just over 2 weeks out and have already lost almost 28 pounds. I wouldn't worry about this one. If anything, this is what you're in the most control over. At first, it will come off fast - then you are in control from there out. Follow your food plan, exercise, and you'll be great!

3) Again - you are in control of this. You are the one who has to make the commitment to eat well and take care of yourself.

4) I highly doubt this will happen! It may take a while for you to see yourself differently. Some people have a hard time with that. I can already see a difference in myself, and I have a therapist to help me deal with the rest.

5) I don't know about this medically - but I've heard so many good things about this controlling diabetes. I'm not diabetic myself, so I can't answer from experience.

6) Your dietician/nutritionist will help you with this. They'll send you home with a plan, and if you have questions, call and ask! That's what they're there for!!

7) At the moment, I'm slightly cranky, but that's only because I can't wait for tomorrow - my follow-up appointment where they tell me that I can move on to pureed food!!! :)

You found the right place for support and people to keep you on track. I can't tell you how helpful this site has been for me. You can do this!!!

I really don't think it could be answered any better! Only thing to add upon is #7. Yes the liquid diet gets old but think of it as healing your new tiny tummy from the inside. And thank goodness YES moving on to puree or soft foods is like magic on the crankypants part! I actually kissed my can of refried beans! :)

Not all dads are alike but most don't expect their daughters to suck up pain like a Navy SEAL. I was really amazed at mine while waiting outside her delivery room to only hear her yell about the last 5 minutes before my second granddaughter was born. I would have hollered for hours. :o

1. I'm afraid it will hurt and that I'll be a big baby in front of my dad.

2. I'm afraid I won't loose the 100lbs. And just lose a little.

3. That I will eat badly and just regain the weight.

4. That I won't look nice and still feel like a fat girl

5. That the diabetes won't go away.

6. That I won't know how' date=' when, or what to eat.

7. That I will become a cranky person.

I really really want to do this but can't stop think about the what if's. I have less than a month till surgery and I want to be successful - I wish I had like a trainer keeping me on track each week- do those exists (not just for exercise, but everything )

Ok, I'm done - just need to get it out and release all these pent up emotions.

I'm 5"1' and weigh 240 :-( would love to weigh 140 :-).[/quote']

1. I had more nausea than pain. Everyone is different. And if we cannot be cry babies in front of our daddies, who can we be cry babies in front of?

2. It's cliche, but ultimately how much you lose is up to you. Our sleeves are a tool. We must use it well.

3. Again, up to you. It can be so hard dealing with our toxic relationships with food. And that addiction is powerful, but no one can get us through it. They can support us and encourage us. Only we can make our decisions. Free will. A blessing and a curse. Remember your head will try and make you think you're hungry.

4. You will look healthier and healthier the more you lose. But it is hard to shed our "fat brain". To help myself get through that I'm looking for support bigger and stronger than myself. Like OA or Weight Watchers.

5. Diabetes? The odds are in your favor statistically.

6. You will learn your sleeve. I am 3 weeks postop and feel like I'm sipping all day long. I know once I'm healed and have a rhythm it will get better. I also use MyFitnessPal to track, and even schedule, my intake. It helps.

7. Hold on tight for the emotional roller coaster. Try and expect it. Ride the waves. Surround yourself with a great support system (family/friends/VST) and don't be afraid to ask for help. A hug. Some space. Tough love.