Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good in the Morning....Hungry and weak (of mind) in the evening

So I'm 3 wks out and diligent about my diet in the morning...(MyFitnessPal makes it easy).....but I get off work t 2:30pm and between then and sleep I really slip up with this food stuff....Before the surgery I had the same problem but now in the afternoon I get really hungry...WTH.......can I get some suggestions on how to curb this and what to eat...still on mushy....eating 56 g of Proteins by 2pm

Are you really hungry or head hungry? I know I messed up once or twice and snacked when they told me clearly that at this stage just 3 meals 4 oz .. next stage I get 1 or 2 2 oz Snacks. I know I am not hungry but I miss snacking. I do. But I know it is my head and not my tummy.

Exercise is a great deterrent. I also have a hard time this time of day. I come home, have a small snack, then exercise, then a late dinner. It's been working for me.

I am having the same problem. My new strategy is to plan out everything I am going to eat for the day ahead of time...and write it down. I want to figure out the Protein, calories and liquid amount ahead of time, too. Hopefully, this will help me...

@ Michele1024....At first I thought it was head hunger but two nights I waited and wanted to see if my stomach would growl....It didnt but I was keen on knowing it was real hunger and not just head hunger....

@MichiganChic....thanks working out is great now that Im officially back in the gym ironically today, but I workout in the morning....I have my daughter in the afternoons/evenings and really don't have time for the gym again

@Geri 123.....I plan my meals up to 2:30pm bc my school is not in a convenient location to get a good meal...or anything healthy for that matter.....Its when I come home.....I'll try planning dinner also.....BTW...try using the app MyFitnessPal...you insert your food intake as well as exercise and it converts it for you into calories, and nutrition......its how I know Im keeping myself under 700 calories....

Thanks for the responses.....regardiless of what it is real hunger or head, I really have to figure it out bc later on when I can eat more, I don't want to continue poor habits like before the surgery

I was doing the same thing. It was really pissing me off and then I stared to be tired all of the time. I would not be hungry all morning but as soon as I ate, it was like I couldn't stop. I started doing research which put me on the road to learning about MSG and aspartame and how they are excitotoxins and mess up the siety signal in the brain. I reluctantly gave up my crystal light and found out that I am extremely sensitive to MSG. The sad part is that it is everything that is supposed to be healthy. You might want to youtube how msg messes with your hunger signal and think about giving it up. I can tell now when I eat something with MSG in it because even if I just ate something I am scrounging to see if I can eat something else. I've given it up and started eating only non-processed foods and it's been working. I'm down a total of 115 lbs now.

I was doing the same thing. It was really pissing me off and then I stared to be tired all of the time. I would not be hungry all morning but as soon as I ate' date=' it was like I couldn't stop. I started doing research which put me on the road to learning about MSG and aspartame and how they are excitotoxins and mess up the siety signal in the brain. I reluctantly gave up my crystal light and found out that I am extremely sensitive to MSG. The sad part is that it is everything that is supposed to be healthy. You might want to youtube how msg messes with your hunger signal and think about giving it up. I can tell now when I eat something with MSG in it because even if I just ate something I am scrounging to see if I can eat something else. I've given it up and started eating only non-processed foods and it's been working. I'm down a total of 115 lbs now.[/quote']

Thank you......Aspartame is evil.....I try not to consume it bc when I do I get a really bad headache......I recently read an article a out how it leads to all sorts of brain and other cancers......it's hard to though bc so many products have it.......I had to throw away a entire box of crystal light myself, sugar free jello....and pretty much anything sugar free.......I use agave to sweeten my food.....recently I s

Returned back to the gym but I've been feeling really sluggish......I think I need to increase my calorie intake....I've been reading about starving your cells and how it doesn't help if anything hurt your weight loss.....so I think I'm going up to 850-900 a day....thanks again

Sent from my iPad using VST

Have a protien shake, drink it slow!!

@ Michele1024....At first I thought it was head hunger but two nights I waited and wanted to see if my stomach would growl....It didnt but I was keen on knowing it was real hunger and not just head hunger....

@MichiganChic....thanks working out is great now that Im officially back in the gym ironically today' date=' but I workout in the morning....I have my daughter in the afternoons/evenings and really don't have time for the gym again

@Geri 123.....I plan my meals up to 2:30pm bc my school is not in a convenient location to get a good meal...or anything healthy for that matter.....Its when I come home.....I'll try planning dinner also.....BTW...try using the app MyFitnessPal...you insert your food intake as well as exercise and it converts it for you into calories, and nutrition......its how I know Im keeping myself under 700 calories....

Thanks for the responses.....regardiless of what it is real hunger or head, I really have to figure it out bc later on when I can eat more, I don't want to continue poor habits like before the surgery[/quote']

Look for activities you and your daughter can do together between meals. Going to the park now that Spring is making cameo appearances. Go on exploratory bike rides. Start a garden.