Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please be VERY careful when dealing with Mexico Bariatric Center. They have not been in business very long and their doctors are very new! I found out some very interesting information when I was at Mi Doctor having surgery with another surgeon. I found out that Mexico Bariatric Center is the former web, internet person for A Lighter Me. He stopped working with A Lighter Me a few short months ago and put up this new website. It's been very popular because this person took many websites, he took the Google advertising and even the Facebook of A Lighter Me. The coordinator, Christy used to be the bookkeeper for A Lighter Me. No one at that place has had weight loss surgery and they don't know anything about the surgery, the doctors or how to research anything. They simply found some doctors that were willing to work with them and starting scheduling people! They took the pre and post op diet and all the forms are the same. If you look at both you will find a huge amount of similarity. Some the staff at the hospital told me that what Mexico Bariatric Center did was terrible! They even have testimonials of A Lighter Me's patients as if they had surgery with them. A Lighter Me has been in business in Tijuana for 10 years so they have a very long reputation which MBC just took as their own! The hospital staff also told me that the follow up from MBC is terrible and they end up getting calls from angry patients that don't get any attention once they have paid their money and gone home! Of course they can't give out any information or advice to their post op patients because they don't know anything about surgery at all! I'm so glad I found all this out BEFORE I scheduled my date! I almost ended up with them!

Mi Doctor has a couple of other companies with other doctors that are experienced, knowledgeable and are safe. My advice is to go with one of the other companies!

I knew that ALM had been hacked by their former tech person. I didn't know it escalated like this. I hope that's not the case. Things seems so very competitive and aggressive in TJ nowadays.

A few people on the forum used Mexico Bariatric Center and reported having good experiences while at Mi Doctor.

I also hear that Dr. Kelly, a very well established surgeon, books through them now too.

May I ask how you uncovered this info?

Meh.. My experience was excellent. I knew the doctors I used were new at treating american patients and I was well informed of this by Mexico Bariatric center before hand. I had surgery with Dr's Cabrera and Valenzuela.. who were both well trained and well qualified. My surgery was quick and I had very little post operative pain which I believe is partially due to the skill of the surgeons. I was well cared for by Everyone and have had good response from christy who got ALL the answers to the questions I asked.

As for all the crazy backbiting and rumors and all that, I really don't care about all that drama... Could be true,, could be part true.. could be just someone bad talking the competition. My Advice to anyone considering surgery in mexico is to talk to people who actually used the service and the doctors you are considering rather than listening to what amounts to gossip from people who have NOT used those particular doctors or service.

Hi Amanda,

I hadn't heard anything about either company until I got to Mexico. While I was in the hotel post op, there was a bunch of us who got to know each other and kinda hung out. Obviously we were all talking about our surgeries and how we got where we were and so on and one thing led to another and we started talking about the companies we went through. A lady named Melissa happened to be there one day and she joined in on the conversation and that's where most of the information came from about the webmaster and the forms and the accusations of stealing. It was all pretty interesting. Ya know, we had nothing better to do but lay around and recover so, unfortunately, we did what women do best....we gossiped LOL

When I got home and was still recouperating a little more I did poke around a bit online to see what I could find. Curiosity got the best of me and bordem didn't help!

Hi Amanda' date='

I hadn't heard anything about either company until I got to Mexico. While I was in the hotel post op, there was a bunch of us who got to know each other and kinda hung out. Obviously we were all talking about our surgeries and how we got where we were and so on and one thing led to another and we started talking about the companies we went through. A lady named Melissa happened to be there one day and she joined in on the conversation and that's where most of the information came from about the webmaster and the forms and the accusations of stealing. It was all pretty interesting. Ya know, we had nothing better to do but lay around and recover so, unfortunately, we did what women do best....we gossiped LOL

When I got home and was still recouperating a little more I did poke around a bit online to see what I could find. Curiosity got the best of me and bordem didn't help![/quote']

Lol! Don't I know it. It is an interesting topic.

I know that company but its sad you saying stuff based on what your heard which may be false.

When posting on our forums, please remember the following rules:

7. Don't report other people's experiences as truth. Share your own experiences, thoughts, opinions, theories at will.

12. Recommendations or reviews of surgeons, hospitals, products, or services are welcome if based on the reviewer's personal experience. The reviewer must have no financial interest in the subject being reviewed. Violations will result in the posts being removed and a possible permanent ban of membership.

Sent from my iPad using VST